• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Tejon Ranch, CA Pig hunt. 8/7-8/9

Chucky

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
I went to Tejon Ranch with Annie and my good friend from work Howard. We left Friday and got to the ranch late in the day. Howard and Annie both got their hunting licenses earlier this year so I thought what better way to get them in the outdoors more than to take them on a guided pig hunt.

We got to the ranch at 5:30 Friday evening unloaded our gear and then sighted in our rifles. Tejon ranch has some amazing cabins and the guides are unbelievable. By 6:30pm that night we were geared up and on our way to look for some wild pigs.

Late that evening we found a big boar and Annie was first up. With dying light and him at a good run she took a shot but had a clean miss. Well better luck tomorrow.

Saturday morning we woke up at 4am got some food and coffee in us and started out. At about 6:15 we spotted this nice 200lb class boar. He was a mean guy and if you look at him closely you can see his battle scars. His right front leg was wounded, his right ear ripped in half and he had another bullet lodged in him from a previous hunter. Annie stopped him dead in his tracks though and it was a quick clean kill.

Howard was up next and after missing two pigs on Saturday we only had Sunday morning left for him and I to both get our pigs. Well a little after 6am this bruiser walked in front of us. With one shot he dropped him dead in his tracks. We put a second round behind his ear to make sure he didn't rip us a new one. Well I will be back eventually to get mine.

Annie and I are going to have some great pork coming back from the butcher on Wednesday and I could not be prouder of the two of them. Annie toughed it out like a champ and didn't complain once after countless blisters and running and cuts and bruises. I will let the pics show the beasts of pigs that these two scored.

PigHunt018.jpg

PigHunt045.jpg

PigHunt047.jpg

PigHunt048.jpg

PigHunt051.jpg

PigHunt066.jpg

PigHunt069.jpg

PigHunt010.jpg

Re: Tejon Ranch, CA Pig hunt. 8/7-8/9

Good stuff guys!!! Ever bump into any of those monster elk while hunting that place?

We saw 2 elk. A small 2x2 and a cow. They told me they have around 500 elk on the 434K acres and they only take 5 off of the property a year.

I always wanted to hunt the Tejon ranch. What is all invloved to do a hunt there?

Nice pics.

You need to have your hunting license and then you just call up and set up a date. If you are interested I can email you pics of the cabin. The cabins are nice with 3 different bedrooms with bunk beds 2 bathrooms with showers everything you could need.