• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tell me about the Dmr3

sniper79_98

Private
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2009
USA
Good morning,

Does anyone have any experience with both the Dmr3 and the Xtr III, Specifically the 3-18 model? I’d like a new scope and I’m between these two. There’s tons of info on the Xtr and little in regards to comparison to the Dmr3.

Thank you!

I have an XTR3 3-18 and it's been amazing on my rimfire. I don't have a DMR3 but I do have an XRS3. Personally I'd pick the one with the reticle you prefer. The SCR2 is a more traditional .2 mil tree and is really thin. I really like the G4P in my XRS3, the .25 mil hashes can take some getting used to, but it's a little less cluttered and its pretty usable even down at 6x.

Reactions: Jknox1030
I have an XTR3 3-18 and it's been amazing on my rimfire. I don't have a DMR3 but I do have an XRS3. Personally I'd pick the one with the reticle you prefer. The SCR2 is a more traditional .2 mil tree and is really thin. I really like the G4P in my XRS3, the .25 mil hashes can take some getting used to, but it's a little less cluttered and its pretty usable even down at 6x.
That was my concern, that the reticle was too thin in the xtr 3-18.

The scr2 reticle is thin but it’s absolutely useable. For target shooting I really like how thin the scr2 is. For hunting I would prefer a little thicker but it’s absolutely useable.

The scr2 reticle is thin but it’s absolutely useable. For target shooting I really like how thin the scr2 is. For hunting I would prefer a little thicker but it’s absolutely useable.
Now, is this on a 3-18 or a 5-30?

I have a 3-18, and 5-30 in the US versions. I don’t notice a difference between them as far as thickness. I would say that low power and darkness it’s easy to loose and I imagine the new illuminated versions would be better.

I also have the pro version but have not used the illumination in low light to see how it performs. I do know it’s not daylight visible.