• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tell me all about the Remington 720

jc98ss

Swansonisms
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2010
Middle TN
I just picked up a pretty nice old rifle. It's a Remington 720, i know they're quite rare, but I don't know not much else about them. I did read that they're highly sought after for custom builds, so I figured you all would know a little about them. The action on this thing locks up tight, I'm thinking it would make a great long range rifle if I had a high end barrel fit to it. Are there any stocks inletted for it? What all would you do with it? Here's a few pics.
IMAG0742.jpg

IMAG0741.jpg

IMAG0749.jpg

IMAG0745.jpg

Re: Tell me all about the Remington 720

What would I do? Considering there were only 2500 or so of these made, I would find a vintage Redfield, Lyman or Weaver scope and harvest deer with it.

There are so many other rifles that can be chopped, that one you have is very nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: roggom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What would I do? Considering there were only 2500 or so of these made, I would find a vintage Redfield, Lyman or Weaver scope and harvest deer with it.

There are so many other rifles that can be chopped, that one you have is very nice. </div></div>
thanks....i was only thinking a little about re-barreling because the previous owner had a gunsmith remove the factory open sights and drill/tap the action....but i still don't even know how accurate the original barrel is, i haven't gotten to shoot it with a scope yet....i did round off a few when i got it home to make sure it goes bang, it functioned perfect.....just trying to figure out which direction i want to go with it

i took it out of the stock last night, this thing is pillar bedded from the factory!.....i was thinking about seeing what i could get for it, so i listed it on gunbroker.....i'm not a collector and i'm usually pretty rough on my guns in the field, i don't want this one to be beat up after a couple of hunting seasons like my other rifles.....plus i really want a nice long range setup.