• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tell me if Im missing anything

bamagun

Private
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2020
I just had a slick looking 7 mag put together and figured that was the excuse Ive been waiting for to dive into handloading. Im out of the country on a deployment so I havent taken any of this out of the box yet, but I should be able to hit the ground running in about a week when I get back. Im not going to be loading a ton of stuff, but what I do make I want to be as precise as I reasonably can. Ive tried to use the approach of buying the type of stuff where I wouldnt want to be upgrading crap all the time. That being said, I think I already want to send the Hornady calipers back and get Starretts or Mitutoyos just based on seeing what the youtube experts have in their hands. Take a look at what Ive picked up and let me know if any of the items are brands/models you ended up upgrading away from (and tell me why I should too). I know I need to pick up a trimmer of some sort (I cant make up my mind on that yet, but I wont be needing to trim for a while). Since the 270WSM and 7 MAG are almost identical in their bushing size range and the fact that I wanted to start loading right when I get back, I bit the bullet and just got enough bushings to where Ill have the one I need (and didnt get a micrometer because of that) Ive also downloaded every available reloading data doc. for 270WSM and 7mm Mag, but if any of yall have a solid load for the 195 Berger/ADG case I would appreciate it.

REDDING T7
RED TYPE S FULL LENGTH (305-313 bushings)
RCBS DECAPPING DIE (standard and HD)
WILSON EXPANDER
FORSTER COLLET PULLER w/collets
FRANKFORD ARSENAL QUICK-N-EZ TUMBLER
LYMAN UNIVERSAL PREP KIT
LYMAN FLASH HOLE UNIFORMER
RCBS CASE LUBE KIT/HORNADY ONE SHOT/IMPERIAL DIE WAX
HORNADY OAL GUAGE
HORNADY COMPARATORS
HORNADY HEADSPACE GUAGE KIT
MODIFIED CASES
SINCLAIR COMPARATORS
SINCLAIR BUMP GUAGE INSERTS
SINCLAIR BODY/XL BODY
HORNADY DIGITAL CALIPER
A FEW SINCLAIR HD BLOCKS
HANDFULL OF UNIVERSAL BLOCKS
VARIOUS AMMO BOXES
HORNADY DIE WRENCH
SET OF HORNADY LOC RINGS
RCBS CHARGEMASTER (thinking about swapping this for a MATCHMASTER if someone can tell me if its worth the extra $$)
SATURN POWDER FUNNELS
RCBS TRICKLER
FRANKFORD ARSENAL PLATINUM HAND PRIMER
MAGNETOSPEED V3

I think that is all of the equipment Ive ordered...
I have a K&M Arbor Press and Wilson Seater Die in my cart now for the 7mm. I only have a week to get some loads worked out and I'd like to be able to mess with seating depth right there at the range instead of driving back and forth.

Brass/Bullets/Powder::
7MMHORNADY X 50
7MM ADG X 100
7MM WIN X 50
270WSM WIN X 50
270WSM NOSLER X A HUNDRED OR SO OF 1X FIRED
CCI250
FED215
FED215 M
WLRM
RETUMBO RL26
8133 RL23
7977 RL25
H4831SC H4350
VIHT N165 N560 N565
MAGPRO
7MM-- 180VLD/195EOL/175ELD-X/175AB
270WSM--140VLD/140PART/129LRX/130AB/140AB

Damn, I didnt realize I ended up getting so much crap, but I guess thats about all of it. I know I have duplicate comparator/headspace stuff and will send back the brand that doesnt seem to have the best fit/finish. I should have enough primers to last me a while and I only picked up a pound of most of those powders except the 8133/Retumbo/RL26 (those I got up to 10lbs). From what I hear, I will like that ADG brass and will probably end up getting more and just use that other stuff as sacrificial. If any of yall have been loading 7mag with it let me know some good starting points.

Ill try to attach a picture of the rifle that caused me to get all that crap..

Attachments

• chris' 7mm.jpg
    chris' 7mm.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 36
7mm 175 -180 bullets 68-70 grains of retumbo will get u something. I run 175 Berger elite hunter with 69.9 grains of retumbo 10 thousandths off lands, 26" Remington sendero, 2990 fps.

69ish is the number I keep seeing with those types of powders. What brand case are you using? 69 of RL26 with Rem brass is what this rifle shot well during the gunsmiths work, but I think Im going to start with 60 in the ADG (the -10% they rec. minus 2.1 more which will give me some room to "work up").