• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Tell us your Luckiest witnessed shots ...

steve123

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2008
none of your business
I have some fun stories of when I was a kid.I know...we were very naughty for shooting something we weren't gonna eat but I bet you did some things like that too.

When out hunting with our pellet guns my friend Bobby Anderson shot a woodpecker while it was flying.The funny thing was the way they fly.You know how with each swoop of their wings they gain a foot of altitude "particular to woodpeckers".Well it was close to the ground at the base of a tree and flew off gaining altitude with each swoop so after 3-4 swoops my friend fired and we saw feathers fly.Then instead of just falling out of the sky it descended in the exact same pattern.With each swoop it lost a foot of altitude and did a fantastic crash landing with a few tumbles.LOL..I'll never forget that.

Once out hunting with Bobby again.I took a shot at a tweety bird way up in the very top of a dead tree with my pellet gun at 100+ yards and hit him right in the head.I aimed probably 3 feet high.

Another friend hit a crow flying away with his SKS rifle and I shot one out of the air with a 218bee that was called in while coyote calling.

and yours?

Steve

Re: Tell us your Luckiest witnessed shots ...

When i was about 12 in the mountains outside pilot rock oregon,me and a cousin were walking along a trail looking for targets.We ran up on a bunch of ground squirrels at least 75 to 100 yrds(crossman pumpup pellet gun).My cousin shot at one and missed.I fired from the hip.(no bs.)and hit one standing on top a log right in the side of the head.Luckiest shot i ever made in my life.We counted the paces to the squirrel 82 paces.lol

One of my friends and I were target shooting @ 25 yards with our 22 pistols. I saw a bird sitting in top of a tree and told him I was going to shoot it. So I killed the bird with a s&w 22a with open sights off handed. We stepped it off and it was 127 yards. Talk about luck. Now every time he out shoots me I just say bet you can't kill a bird @ 127 yards with your 22 pistol. That a day we will never forget.

I was 11 and my dad, grandpa and I were goose hunting in early January in Illinois. We had called in a pair and my grandpa took one goose and the other somehow got out of the way. It then decided to fly behind us and turn around and come right over us. My dad told me to shoot it. It was in the 75-80 yards range. I was shootign a 20 guage with steel 2s if I remember correctly. He never thought I would even hit the bird. All it take to kill a goose is 1 pellet under the chin. That bird was picked and had zero shot else where in its body. It was my first goose and I will remember that forever.

As a teen, I killed a robin with a sling shot while the bird was flying, albeit very low and directly overhead. Probably tried thousands of times and that was the one and only lucky shot.

I also scored a couple of hits with thrown rocks on a couple of birds and a squirrel or two. No kills. And along the same lines (although not within the scope of the question asked), I witnessed a friend kill an armadillo with a basketball.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: palma</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I witnessed a friend kill an armadillo with a basketball. </div></div>

I hope there is a story to this, maybe he used the armadillo as a basketball? Either way I am laughing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krink85</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: palma</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I witnessed a friend kill an armadillo with a basketball. </div></div>

I hope there is a story to this, maybe he used the armadillo as a basketball? Either way I am laughing. </div></div>

It wasn't as sexy as it sounds. Critter got caught inside a fenced in yard. Several blows from the hardest throwing pitcher on the HS baseball team and that was all she wrote. Blood trickled out from behind his head. I think he let me take a couple of licks as well and I was no slouch when it came to speed throwing.

To think of all the stuff that I killed over the years. Always wild criters, but I hope that I don't have to explain them all to St. Peter nonetheless.

My father and I have both made head shots on running turkeys at 200 and 220 yards respectively. Have shot a couple of flying swallows with an old Ruger 357 blackhawk.

The most memorable feat was witnessing a nephew kill a high flying buzzard with one shot from a .22 long rifle. He was spending the summer with my family in 1976 as was a city slicker from Los Angeles. I was telling him not to waste ammo on those dumb things but he didnt listen to me and said he wanted to try. With the first shot it looked as if was you clubed it in the head with a baseball bat, it simply went limp and took several seconds to hit the ground dead. We still talk about that one some 30 years later.

I witnessed a friend shoot a crow out of the top of a tree with a cheap 25auto at about 70 yards......... from a johnboat going down the James river!

About 9 years ago, a friend and I were home on leave from Lejeune at my Dad's place. We were messing around in the yard drinking beer and BS'ing when he spotted a BIG tom turkey in full strut across the field. Spring turkey season was in, so I ran in the house & grabbed my old Winchester Model 70 Featherweight 30-06 and we decided to try and sneak to a high spot in the field to get a shot. As soon as we got to the little "grassy knoll" the tom spotted us and made for the treeline at a fast walk. I assumed a hasty kneeling position and sawed his head off with a 168 gr ballistic tip. He was 23 1/2 lbs with a 14" beard and 1 1/4" spurs. I went back to the same spot a day later and ranged it with a LRF @ 418 yards. I beheaded another one there the following spring (he was standing still though) @ a lasered 536 yards with a 22-250 Remmy 700 off the hood of my truck. That one was 19 3/4 lbs.

I still stand a little taller when I am with these guys: While in Ft Stockton, a group of Brazilian shooters came to compete at the International Silhouette meet.
I took the three of them to my friend's ranch to loosen up on prairie dogs.
Two were sitting in the back of the pickup with me, and the team leader was in the cab with my pal.
As we drove onto the flat, a jack rabbit burst out from under the tires, and started to cut a chogie angling away from the pickup. I heard the yell from the cab before I ever saw the rabbit.
My pal slapped on the binders, we skidded to a stop i a cloud of caliche dust, and I stood up and aimed over the top of the cab. I waited a second in case the others wanted the shot, but the two guys in back with me hollered "take him".
Now here I am with a cheap 10-22, that I had put a Fajen bull barrel on, and a cheap scope, that one of my kids had twisted all the way up to 9, in the truck with some serious competition shooters. I was pretty nervous. I popped the weapon into position, turned as the rabbit kept going, and at just about 75 yards, lead about 6 inches, and while swiveling at the hip, squeezed.
You could hear the pop as the bullet hit him, distinctive, and he tumbled about 6 times (he was going full speed, ears back, feet passing his head with each bound).
I dropped the mag, cleared the chamber, and sat down on the edge of the pick up bed.
These guys were hollering, in Portuguese, laughing, Saying stuff about Texas shooters, and going on like I was Quigley.
I was more embarrassed than if I had missed. My buddy, later, took me aside, and whispered. "You know, you are NOT that good a shot."
But then you asked for luck...I'd rather be lucky than good.
That was the first shot of a very good day. 4 shooters, 100 prairie dogs, in about 4 hours. and 5 Jacks, but none like that one.

Many years ago my brother and I were fishing somewhere in Montana (right on the other side of the Idaho panhandle, but I don't recall the exact location). We were both standing in the middle of a river, flyfishing, and my brother had a Ruger MK II bull barrel .22 in a holster. He was getting really pissed off at some noisy birds in trees along the riverbank and at one point, with fly pole in one hand mid cast, he quickly drew the .22 with the other hand, spun and in one motion shot and blew a bird's head off from about 50 yards. Without even saying a word he finished his cast and holstered the pistol. Best shooting I've ever seen in my life.

A few buds and I were drinking beer & blasting blackbirds at one of the buds farm.

I see a blackbird in top of a tree 150ish yards. Iron sight 10/22, offhand. POP. Bird comes tumbling down.

I had a 22LR pump action gallery gun out for a walking hunt with a friend. 60y on a running chipmunk I pulled off a snap shot with open sights through the eye. 95% luck

50 yards offhand I hit a rabbit in the head with my 22/45. 175 yards offhand 1st shot I hit a 12oz soda can with the same pistol.

90 yards with my dad's Beeman 20 cal pellet rifle from an improv'd rest, open sights I hit a chipmunk through the shoulders on the first shot. I thought I missed badly because it didn't move. My brother got binoculars out and said "it's glistening, I think you hit it." I was so proud of that shot that I accepted the punishment for taking his prized air rifle without asking just so I could tell him about it, and I had a witness.

When I was little (~5) my dad was having me run the bird thrower for an afternoon of skeet with him and some friends. They ran out of shells (one of his friends is a miserable wing shot) and had about 25 birds left.

Not to leave the range with unbroken targets he loaded up the 10/22 with iron sights, flipped down the rear sight and called "pull"

At 5 years old I didn't know you weren't supposed to shoot birds with a rifle, he managed to kill every one of them, almost all of them on the first shot. His friends still talk about it to this day.

Hunting coyotes in the late '80's a few miles south of Dodge City, KS watched friend, Joel Allen take a split second hip shot at a running jackrabbit at 100 to 150 yards. The rabbit rolled and didn't move after it stopped. I don't know who was more shocked, Joel or me.

Hit a blackbird square in the check at the top of an Elm tree with a wrist rocket slingshot and a round rock in grade school. No witnesses, darn it. I hardly believed it when I hit.

Darin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DarinR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Hit a blackbird square in the check at the top of an Elm tree with a wrist rocket slingshot and a round rock in grade school. No witnesses, darn it. I hardly believed it when I hit.

Darin </div></div>

That's when you were hooked wasn't it?

My botoher - also a member here on the Hide pulled off two of the best shots I've seen at distance in the desert with a gentle breeze blowing. We were shooting steel in the desert he with his .284 winchester and me with my 7WSM. We had targets at 1,250 yards, 1,350, and 1,500 yards. 1,350 is where teh magic took place. We had been shooting a while and had good zero's. We had used 9" helium ballons to show both wind and help spot teh targets in teh desert. My brother got froggy called his shot on a 1,350 yard balloon by color and location loaded a round into his rifle and took it out; racked teh bolt puffed up his chest called another balloon out and took it out. two sequential shots at 1,350 two dead 9" helium ballons swinging in a gentle breeze. amazing.

JeffVN

I have two witnessed by the same hunting partner. The first was while on a management archery hunt for whitetail does. He had clipped a doe in the hindquarter in a clearcut and had her bedded in the tall grass between us. I stood on the edge of the clearcut while he went in there after her. About that time she hopped up and started bounding over the fallen trees about 20yds parallel to me at a good speed. I drew my bow and shot her with pinsights right through the heart while running. She went 50 yds and dropped like a rock. He asked me what the hell I was thinking, I figured she was wounded and I felt obligated to try and put her down. He thought I missed until I showed him the blood trail and the deer.
The second happended right after I bought my Ruger MKII target model pistol. I took it to his house and showed it off. We had a couple of beers and I said want to shoot it? We set up a can and I showed him the safety and all and had it holstered and was 25 yds from a beer can. I drew it from the hip and said to him,"It's so accurate, you don't even have to aim". I fired from the hip and hit the can dead center. He just shook his head and walked off.

It's fun reading all these accounts!...Keep em coming.

NO guts no glory.Keep the lead flying.

Steve

I can remember another time when i was about 9,we lived 8 miles out of town.Ihad a friend that lived in town and wanted me to bring my pellet gun over to his house.So being young and full of energy i rode my byclcle into town with my pellet gun tied to the handlebars with bailing string.(try that now days.)After i got to his house we started walking threw this creek behind his house shooting birds(yes i know it was wrong)we walked under a little brodge that ran under a street.We crawled up on a 12"pipe that ran across a big puddle.The pipe was a culvert pipe that ran from one side of the bridge to the other and was about 4 feet above the water.
Well as we was straddling the pipe above the big puddle shooting at frogs that kept coming up.I looked at my friend and told him my pellet gun was so accurate i could hit things without aiming.I pointed the pellet gun straight down at the water pulled the trigger and up floated a dead prech.
I dont know who was more shocked him or me.

Once while squirrel hunting with a 22 I saw a squirrel crawl into a huge nest so I shot at the nest once and I'll be darned if the squirrel didn't jump out of the nest and land dead at my feet.

Duck hunting. Salton sea area. remington 11-87

I was in a blind, in my kayak, in the water, around 0700

Had decoys 35-40 yards in front, hadnt seen anything all morning, but some high flying teal.

Had to piss, used an empty water bottle, sat shotgun across the boat pointed to my right side, into the tulies, round in chamber, safety on.

While pissing, saw drake mallard, SWIMMING twords me in direction of where shotgun was pointed, maybe 50 yeards away, grabbed shotgun with left hand while holding stanley with the right hand, shotgun still laying across kayak, squezzed trigger. dead duck. he he he

About 30 years ago, my cousin and myself were hunting pheasants in NY. He had a new pointer and we were both carrying pumps.
The puppy went on point in a big cut corn field, and a big cock got up. My cousin and I both shot 5 rounds ea. at the bird. We saw him hit a tree about 200yards on the other side of the field.
We retrieved the bird and off to the house we went. Cleaned and inspected him. Not ONE BB anywhere and his neck was broken. Once in a lifetime.

Trilogymac

My brother and I both got red ryder bb guns when we were real young, and were supervised by adults for about a year before we were left to our own devices. He was about 13 and I was 11, sitting in the back yard with our bb guns and he was shooting into the air. I told him that dad said not to shoot guns in the air because the bb has to land somewhere and that he could hit something. That same second a bird crashes to the floor between us, hit in the head with a bb.

That aside, this is what I've been doing lately. Take a playing card and a knife. Cut a slot into the top of your target and wedge the playing card in it so you are looking at the side of the card, i.e. the thinnest portion. Try and shoot the playing card in half. The first one I tried, took 9 shots :[ with a .22lr at 25 yards offhand with a Browning Buckmark. The card didn't get cut in half completely because it had a crease in it so the bullet impact wasn't true, but there is a good portion of the card omitted from existance and I keep it in my wallet to show people from time to time. I'd like to do one at 100yd with a .44 special, but I'm too lazy to load any ammo for it.

100 yards, side of the highway in American Fork or wherever before they closed it down. 4" x 5" chunk of 1 inch thick scrap steel. M1 Garand, NM front sight, NM rear aperature but NOT windage base, 168-gr SMKs over 47.4 4064 and CCI primers.

Standing, variable wind, 15-20 mph and very erratic.

Put two clicks right wind on, 2 clicks down from my 200-yd zero, and beaned it with the first shot--on call, too. The hit was within 1.5 inches of the center, no less.

A buddy and I were shooting in the desert. I had brought my ak and my usp 40. He had a shotgun and a glock 22. We walked downrange to set up some targets and a dove flushed. He missed it with the shotgun(blamed it on the 16" barrel) I threw up my ak and dropped it. His response "NO F'n way!!!!" Couldnt do it again if I had to but at least I had a witness.

Was shooting with 81sfo and TexBone last weekend and was messing around with 81sfo's XM3 and took a shot at a clay pigeon at 650 yards and hit it with the first shot. This is not knowing what load and bullet I was shooting with. I think TexBone witnessed it through the spotting scope or his 10/22. Reactive targets is where it's at.

Middle of nowhere TX, a friend dusts a trap clay out of the air on draw with one shot from a g19. RIP Brother Hun.

Same guy shooting next to me a few years later and I went 10/10 on clays at 800. Clays laying on the berm of course.

Girlfriend nails a hog in full run in tall pasture grass offhand with a 26" .308VS at about 50-75yards. Literally only the top 1/4-1/3 was visible in run. We had walked into pasture to convene.....hey theres a HOG. Shoot it! She grabs rifle, eyes and clicks the safety, shoulders, boom!, and it dissappeared. First time hunting, first rifle basically purchased for that trip and very little shooting experience at the time. Certainly no instruction in lead or hold. Right in the oven. I still don't know how she did it. Managed to shoot one more that trip too, also right where it matters.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Take a playing card and a knife. Cut a slot into the top of your target and wedge the playing card in it so you are looking at the side of the card, i.e. the thinnest portion.</div></div>

My dad and I used to try that. No success clean through but we lit some farmer's matches with the .22.

Buddy and I were deer huntin many moons ago. After not seeing anything we started to walk back to the house where I lived at that time. Walking through this thick grown up crp field a covey of quail took off. Seconds later I was lookin through my open sighted slug gun and pulled the triger on one. After about 100 yard walk to where we saw the bird go down, we found a quail layin in the a ditch with no head. Not to bad with a 3 inch rifled slug.

My uncle and I were deer hunting in Maine with muzzle loaders. It was a damp day and we hadnt seen shit, we were headed back to camp in the truck and saw a partridge in a tree off the side of the road. We wanted to unload our guns since it was damp and wanted to put a fresh charge in it the next day so we stopped and got out of the truck looked at the partridge and then looked at each other and wondered if we could shoot it out of the tree. I fired the first shot and knocked it out of the tree, he fired the second shot and blew it about a foot backwards. We walked over to look at it and looked at it before stomping it into the snow. It was debreasted and there was no saving it.

So instead of saying a partridge in a pear tree we were saying a partridge with a pair of 50's.

Mine is perhaps more tame than others, but my best witnessed shot. I took my brother to the range and we were shooting at targets at 100yards. He notice a golf ball at the bottom of one of the target bases at 100 yards and said "why don't you put that golf ball at 300 yards and see if you can hit it". We set it up on top of the target post at 300 yards, I set up, dialed in, boom.. hit first shot dead center (and I mean dead center) of the golf ball. Sent that sucker flying.

I was 14 and trying to show off to the girls my new bb gun. So I decided to shoot a turtle and the bb ricocheted off the turtle shell and hit one of the girls in the crotch. My dad took the bb gun from me and whooped my ass for it.

Dang, after reading these stories I'm almost too embarrassed to post mine......

A few weeks ago I was taking my paintball marker outside to test some old paintballs and I was shooting at the base of a tree. My three kids came outside to watch & one of them asked if the paintball was dangerous. I told them it was & my 5 yr. old daughter pointed to a pidgeon sitting ontop of some telephone wires down the street and says, "Dad, can you hit that bird"

I told then "No" because the paintballs don't fly straight after about 40 yards.........I had 1 paintball left in my hopper, so I simply shot from the hip and watched the paintball make about 3 different curves as it flew through the air & hit the bird in the head! It tried to fly off, but slowly fell to the ground and layed there for a few minutes before dying. Then my kids got mad at me for killing the "pretty bird"!!

Last week I tried to duplicate the shooting of a playing card turned sideways from the "Extreme Marksman" program......I actually did it on my first try & one of my co-workers was videotaping me at the time! heh...heh...heh...heh....

Kahr P40
golfball
100 yards
That golfball sits on my reloading bench

I took a new shooter out for some blasting in the desert. I had a Taurus PT-92 9mm pistol with we when I spied a bottle on top of a shot out TV at about 100 yards. I quickly fired a shot and shattered the bottle. First shot of the day. I acted like that was normal for me and turned to my friend and said, "your turn".

Hand thrown clay target with a Glock 30. Sheriff's deputy buddy was having trouble with it. Classic "let me see that thing". Threw a clay and busted it. Handed it back to him and walked away.

My son watched as I shot my cold bore shot on my Smiley target, and SMOKED the smiley in it!

As we waited for the rifle to cool back down for his, the R1A1 was put through it's paces, and we tried shooting quarters at teh 50M line with the .22

I have 3 good ones.

I shot Cowboy Action for a few years. Engaging two clay pigeons at 50 yards with my lever gun in 45LC. Sighted in on the left hand bird and squeezed one off. Bullet hit the bird, the steel post holding up shattered the bullet and the bird on the right exploded, too! 2 birds with one shot!

Shooting a Dime at 50 yards with the 10/22. Took me about 5 shots to find the sweet spot and hit it. <span style="color: #3366FF">1SMALLJOHNSON</span> walks over and says cool, let me try it. First round and the dime goes flying.

Slinging some 44 mag at a 100 yard target and my neighbor, a former DNR officer comes over. "How far is that e-type out there?" he asked. "300 yards" I told him. "I am gonna hit that one" he says. He aims at the top of the treeline and damned if he didn't hit it right between the eyes on the first shot....

Ok, I now this is bumping a reaal old thread, this one was my best one so far :)

We were shooting a couple of weeks ago at a friends place way out in the country.

After getting the rifles dialed in at 600 meters and we had put some groups on paper and on the steel targets, I thought what the hell, I will try it off hand :)

One round, one hit. The wobble was all over the place but the rifle swung towards the steel gong and I pressed the trigger right when it was on, so I knew it would be a close shot.

Two spotters confirmed the hit & people heard it was all, I did not see it as the recoil swung me off target.

The rifle really doesnt matter as it was lucky as hell, but it was a Tikka T3 Tactical with a S&B PMII 5-25x + one of our suppressors. Shooting Lapua Scenar 167gr

P_E4C9.JPG

P_4384.JPG

The reason really for trying off hand now was some shots taken after we hosted the Finnish Military Reserve 3-gun championships back in 2009

One of the stages was a "sniper" stage with falling targets at 300, 400 and 500 meters.

After the match ended we had some time on our hands, Lapua Scenar 167gr ammo, our scoped Sako TRG-22 and our pistols

I dropped the 300 and 400 meter targets with one shot each with the TRG, messed up two shots on the 500 meter target and called it quits. Damn those targets were swinging wildly in the scope..

A team mate of mine sights on the 300 meter target, which were electronic and punched up after my shot.

My buddy guesstimates the required front sight elevation with his 9mm pistol and bang..

The damn target drops...he turns to us, did you guys punch it down, we were laughing our asses off and saying no we didnt.

Hell of a shot ;)

He dropped it again, 1 hit out of 10 or so shots.

A another team mate dropped it with a ricochet, the shot landed about 2 meter in front and 1 right of the target in the swamp and ricocheted into the target.

Probably not any luckier than this as I happened to be video taping it. I was shooting my M1 Garand at 200 yards with a buddy. I shot the 1st round and was on target. Once I figured out where I needed to be, I shot two more just outside the X. I told him next one was a bullseye and it was. I've shot that rifle pretty well before but it was funny I was taping and said the next one would be.

1943 Winchester M1 Garand - 200 yards - Bullseye - YouTube

happy to see great manufacturers are great shooters too!
may i ask you which suppressor is on your tikka please?

PS i 've an sl7 and a rimfire suppressor and i'm more than happy with it!i'll order an sl5 in a few weeks to.

When I was a reckless teenager a cousin and I were out dove hunting. As we drove from one of our family's fields to another we always had the guns hanging out the windows of the pickup. A flock of about 10 doves flew up right beside the truck as we were driving about 30. I just pulled my gun up to my shoulder and took a shot with my 12 ga Mossberg 500 from the passenger window. I was just trying to show off more than anything, but 3 doves fell from that 1 shot and we stopped and picked them all up. After that, if we ever went chasing coyotes he would let me ride shotgun. I'd be scared out of my mind to do something that illegal ever again.

My brother in-law shot a running deer 300 yrds of fairly open +100 quite thick cedar swamp. Dropped it with the first shot through the heart. I would not even considered taking the shot. It was complete luck!

While walking a old logging road during deer season with a friend we flushed a turkey. I took his head clean off at the base of the neck on the fly with a custom .45 full length kentucky rifle with a patched ball. Earlier the same season I took two hen turkeys with one shot with a bow. I never saw the second bird but recovered both within a few yards of each other. That was my banner turkey year to say the least!!

Two shots touching at 1 mile

Witnessed, published, and framed! I don't think it gets more solid than that, but there are those that swear it didn't happen!

I think the pictures are clear enough to read the story. What isn't said is that I made the last two shots of the day and had a definite first shot hit. Throughout the evening of beer drinking, I swore that I hit the target twice. However, the author of ten article who was the down range spotter (a entirely different story!) said that he didn't know where the second round went. The next morning we went and corned the target area for a 1 mile deer shot and I got to see the target up close. The paper looked ragged, but examining the plywood backer showed two clearly defined radius'. I made the other guys pile it of the jeep and agree that if we were shooting at 100 yards, no one would even doubt that those were two shots touching. I had to have a picture of that and the author was more than happy to oblige (it was his rifle after all). Good times for shizzle!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
one old , really old, single shot rem .22. one crow, range not determined at time of shot. old weaver 4 power scope. one sliding glass door in the kitchen. shot taken, crow doesn,t fly off. 160 paces to dead crow. only witnesses, my 5 and 7 year old kids who thought daddy could hit anything he shot at.
i,d rather be lucky than good any day

Bow hunting on the edge of a rolling 100 acre field. The last day of the season in the evening JUST before dark my hunting partner comes to my spot to find me so we can travel out together. As I get out of my tree stand he laughs and says look at that nothing all season and over their is a buck. I look and 3/4 away across the field is a 6 point watching us at about 150 yards. He says to me bet you my truck you cant come close to it (as he knows I'm not the greatest with a bow) I draw back and let the arrow go. The buck hears it and takes off over a bluff of the rolling field out of sight and I see the arrow go out of sight behide it. He says looks like i get to keep my truck, are you going to look for the arrow. I tell him yeah it was a carbon with a new head if I can find it. SO we go ah walking, we top the bluff and there lays the deer about 60 yards on the other side. We look at each other and at the sametime say "how the hell" we walk down to the deer look it over REAL good and cant find a entrance or exit wound NOTHING NO BLOOD NOTTA. So we start to field dress it and thats when we find it stuck INSIDE the deer on the inside of the breast bone the arrow had perfectly went in the butt hole and stuck in the breast bone. RIGHT UP THE POOP SHOOT. BUT i let my buddy keep his truck (dont like chevys much anyway)