• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Teludynetech Straight jackets Anyone tried these?

Re: Teludynetech Straight jackets Anyone tried these?

I saw a post earlier about this company, no one had real experience but talked trash about the company anyway. I don't believe it will increase accuracy significantly if any at all. Its basically barrel tension. Money would be better spent on range time, ammo or just about anything else that has been proven to improve accuracy.

Togeneral......

I ran one of these guns hard up in Kansas when the reps from that company were there. I ran 80 rounds through the gun in about 5 minutes, cranking them out as fast as i could. As soon as i finished firing i stuck my finger up in the chamber and it was cool to the touch. So the heat dissaption they claim works as advertised. As for the accuracy i dont know, because i was cranking out rounds as fast as possible.

I would give them a look if you are wanting to try it, pretty cost effective, and not that much weight gain as you would think.

I've got a 7mm mauser that I was going to rebarrel and restock but didn't want to put the money of a shilen blank in it so I was thinking about just putting on a cheap Adams&Bennett barrel and trying this system.
Just and idea I had.

this shit was posted here before me thinks.....just a solution for a non problem.......and

i got snot all over my keyboard once again.....

boltripper laughs.............

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Togeneral99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got a 7mm mouser that I was going to rebarrel and restock but didn't want to put the money of a shilen blank in it so I was thinking about just putting on a cheap Adams&Bennett barrel and trying this system.
Just and idea I had. </div></div>

Any 7mm is way overkill for mice. Try a 22 or possibly a 17.

I'm thinking peanutbutter or saltine cracker. Rthur

BTW - mauser

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HDC-Deadly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Togeneral......

I ran one of these guns hard up in Kansas when the reps from that company were there. I ran 80 rounds through the gun in about 5 minutes, cranking them out as fast as i could. As soon as i finished firing i stuck my finger up in the chamber and it was cool to the touch. So the heat dissaption they claim works as advertised. As for the accuracy i dont know, because i was cranking out rounds as fast as possible.

I would give them a look if you are wanting to try it, pretty cost effective, and not that much weight gain as you would think. </div></div>

Thanks HDC
It's good to see a 1st hand account opinion. I may give them a try I mean hell if it doesn't work It's still just a surplus 7mm Mauser with an inexpensive rebarrel. If I get it done I'll post up a write-up with some before and after targets with the same lots of ammo.

Thanks again
Wes