• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Temperature coefficient for IMR-4064 loads?

ShtrRdy

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 17, 2011
    High Plains
    What are you using for a temperature coefficient on your .308 Win loads when using IMR-4064? How many ft/sec change per degree F?

With 175SMK and 41.75grs of IMR4064 it’s .5FPS per degree based on the slowest to the fastest shot over a 100 degree temperature range.

somewhere I saw a chart online. If 918v has experienced only .5 from experience I would go with that but I thought only Hodgdon extreme or some of the newer IMR Enduron powder line had numbers that low.

With 175SMK and 41.75grs of IMR4064 it’s .5FPS per degree based on the slowest to the fastest shot over a 100 degree temperature range.
    What are the exact temperature range (i.e. 0-100 Deg F), if you know them off the top of your head.

You might want to read this

And

My Varget load is superb. It has single digit ES at all temperatures. The MK316 Mod0 load has average ES when it’s cold but tightens up as weather warms up. But it’s 100 FPS slower.