• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Templar Tactical vs ThunderBeast Suppressor

Quicksilver

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2013
College Station, TX
Just like the title says, which one is better (for accuracy) than the other?

My local dealer swears up and down that the TT is far superior to the TB suppressor, but I see no data or testimonies to back it up.

Price is irrelevant, POI is important as long as its consistent (no suprise there!)

Sound reduction is also irrelevant. I don't really care if one is 1db quieter if it doesn't shoot worth a shit- Also, I know there are probably vendors for both on this site, so don't take this thread the wrong way. I am simply looking for evidence from people who own one or the other, or both.

Also, I am not shooting sub-sonic ammo. its a 308 with a 20" barrel.

Edit: Should've been more specific.

Im talking about a ThunderBeast 30P-1 vs a Templar Archangel titanium .30 suppressor.

Last edited:
Most of us do not have our TTF's yet. Wait till closer to the end of the year and you may get a comparison. Mine should be approved in August-ish.

I'm wondering the same thing. Been shopping around and have come across a local dealer with a Templar in stock that says he loves it but hasn't tried ThunderBeast to compare.

Both are excellant suppressors.

TT is fairly new but they are good people with an great product. LL did a review of their cans here a while back and they did really well. I see them with a strong up and coming product.
TB is a known performer on here and customer service is second to none.

Buy either with confidence.

I am surprised at how far the Templar Tactical has come in such a short time. The can appears promising.
But there are more Thunderbeasts on the market, and they have a longer proven track record.

I have had my Thunderbeast 30-P for over two years and it works great! At the time, I had done a lot of reasearch on the topic and the Thunderbeast can came out on top for my needs.

I Don't know anything about the other can.

If he swears up and down its better (unless he's a friend), he likely has some stake in selling the tt over the tb, i.e. making more money off it.

I'll say the tbac are not the quietest suppressors on the market, but they've never claimed to be, they focus on accuracy above anything else. Except the 22l1, it is the quietest 22 on the market.

Galaxy S3 on tapatalk

I have both the 30P-1 and the 22L-1. 22 on the way.

The 30P-1 changes my Point of Impact to the left .1 MIL. SO not very much at all. I was very happy that it did not change the elevation at all. That made me happy. And I have noticed that accuracy is the same either way, can or no can.

I can't tell you if the TT is more accurate than the Thunderbeast as I'm still waiting for mine ( 189 day and all their website still says is pending ) but in all honesty I don't see how it could get much better. Now when it comes to customer service it's no comparison in my book. I haven't had the pleasure of speaking with Zak but you couldn't get anymore professional than Ray. Anytime I've called he's either had the answer and got back to me with it. Not in days or weeks but in minutes. I wish I could say they same thing for TT. Now since two people have said that dealer have cans for sale I'm interest to know if these were purchased on the group buy or is TT skipping our order to give to dealers. If that's the case I'm not gonna be real happy.[h=3][/h]

I can't tell you if the TT is more accurate than the Thunderbeast as I'm still waiting for mine ( 189 day and all their website still says is pending ) but in all honesty I don't see how it could get much better. Now when it comes to customer service it's no comparison in my book. I haven't had the pleasure of speaking with Zak but you couldn't get anymore professional than Ray. Anytime I've called he's either had the answer and got back to me with it. Not in days or weeks but in minutes. I wish I could say they same thing for TT. Now since two people have said that dealer have cans for sale I'm interest to know if these were purchased on the group buy or is TT skipping our order to give to dealers. If that's the case I'm not gonna be real happy.[h=3][/h]

So if TT is making a couple of dealer cans to promote their business and sell some cans instead of making your can you got super cheap your gonna be pissed? Guess you could pay full retail and skip the group buy process.

So if TT is making a couple of dealer cans to promote their business and sell some cans instead of making your can you got super cheap your gonna be pissed? Guess you could pay full retail and skip the group buy process.
So according to your logic I can start a group buy on ammo at prepanic prices, get paid in advance for it, then when I get it sell it for more money on gunbroker to "promote" my business and you would be fine with that? How much do you want and shall I PM you my mailing address for your payment. Also if I remember correctly didn't you post in the thread that your dealer had received your can? I imagine it wouldn't bother me either if I already received mine.
OH and FYI see those letters under my handle that means I don't pay retail for anything :cool:

So according to your logic I can start a group buy on ammo at prepanic prices, get paid in advance for it, then when I get it sell it for more money on gunbroker to "promote" my business and you would be fine with that? How much do you want and shall I PM you my mailing address for your payment. Also if I remember correctly didn't you post in the thread that your dealer had received your can? I imagine it wouldn't bother me either if I already received mine.
OH and FYI see those letters under my handle that means I don't pay retail for anything :cool:

Two completely different scenarios, did TT ever say they would only fill GB orders and not make a single can for dealers? And no my dealer didn't get my can but I did get form 4's for both my cans since I'm in TX. I've played the GB thing several times and its a waiting game if you can't wait don't play IMO. It's not like TT has disappeared from the face of the earth with everyone's money in their pocket, they are getting cans out to people and even posting here on the hide in the GB thread .

Ohh and you may not pay retail for gun related things, but I'm pretty sure you pay retail for SOMETHING. :cool:

I'm a little bothered that my can was one of the first 30 Archangels purchased and I still dont have it. I have PMs that stated it would ship in OCT, then DEC and I spoke with someones mom who said new engraver, end of JAN at the latest. Here we are end of March, nothing yet you Texas folks get to start on yours and the order before mine got his can on thanksgiving one state over. All I want is an honest report and an accurate timeline about my can. My greatest concern is i fell through the cracks.

My TT is in the pipeline with the others here. For what I have into the TT, if it is 3/4 as good as my 30P-1, I will be happy. I bought the 30P-1 for accuracy and I'm pleased.

springer01 said:
I've played the GB thing several times and its a waiting game if you can't wait don't play IMO.

Probably good advice.

I've learned you don't use a GB for something you'd like now. You use a GB for something you don't give two fucks about having ANY time soon.

I'm waiting on 2 TTF Archangels.

Hindsight is 20/20.

If I could go back in time and choose to save $400 and have it "someday" or spend the extra $400 to fill out my form 4 "today", the answer is, unequivocally, TODAY.

There again, if I could go back in time, I'd buy one TTF can, and buy a TBAC to get started on immediately.

Springer, you mentioned TTF posting in their GB thread... that's true, but prior to the GB closing, they were posting almost daily. After it closed (6 full months ago), they've posted twice, and only to CYA concerning a customer with a heinous POI shift. Never to update those of us patiently waiting.

Like you said, customers are [slowly] getting their items so it's NOT as if TTF is running away with our money. You aren't the first to state how GBs areall about waiting. I'll definitely keep this in mind for the future.

I have never shot, held or even looked at a Thunderbeast.

I have however examined a TT .30 cal can and was disgusted with the quality of work. The baffles looked like a drunk machinist had created them. There were shavings of metal still connected to the baffles. Not just on It seemed to lack any sort of quality control.

While I have not shot one, that was enough for me to cross them off my list.

From a guy that owns a few TT and Tbac, you can't go wrong with either....I've been wanting to compare both on the same rifle(I just need time)

I've received my Form 4's from Templar. My order is #808. So my suppressor is probably done and it is just waiting on Uncle Sam.

I got my serial number pretty quick for my 30p-1 and I'm about to send off the form. I can't wait to get my hands on mine.

I don't have any experience with Templar but I can't imagine something being more accurate than my TBAC. My 30BA was my first suppressor and I've had nothing but a great experience with it. If I had to do it all over again, I'd go Thunderbeast, no question.

Both are excellant suppressors.

TT is fairly new but they are good people with an great product. LL did a review of their cans here a while back and they did really well. I see them with a strong up and coming product.
TB is a known performer on here and customer service is second to none.

Buy either with confidence.

+1 on Thunderbeast CS. Even after sale, I had some questions about the suppressor and brake on my rifle and they answered everything promptly. Very professional business that supports it's shooters. My next suppressor will also be a thunderbeast. Just have a few more months til mine gets in. The wait is the worst part. Try not to to think about it but it's hard...

I was one of the first to receive my suppressor in November, I should be receiving my stamp any day now. I'm sure there are others before so let's see those groups.

I've had my TTF Archangel for close to a month now, and I'm very happy with it. No pictures of groups but I can say that it hasn't hurt them any! I did have some zero shift, but it has been 100% repeatable. I'm shooting a match this weekend using my can for the first time and I'm looking forward to seeing how it performs. I'm sure that it will exceed my expectations.

I have on order one each of the TT 30 cal cans.

My dealer carries Thunderbeast and we plan on doing some comparative testing.

I am not expecting the Archangel to be better as clearly the TB is top notch.

I am very interested in their Nemesis30 for hunting use...

I want know what the group looks like shots 1 through 10. Cold bore 1st round to hot bore 10th round. My TBAC puts them ALL in the same hole every time. Thats what sets it apart from the competition.