• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Templar V2 Action

I have 3 Templar 2 actions now and they are excellent actions. I prefer them over the Surgeon 591 for sure. I think they bolt design and tolerances are much improved. I hate that slop in the 591's bolt throw.

I absolutely love my Templar V2 action. I have not had a chance to compare it to the Surgeon 591 though. However, comparing to my old Remington 700P action... well.. hummm there is no comparison really.

It is very smooth. When I dry fire it, there isn't even movement in the bolt, it is so solid.

I would definitely recommend.

I have 3 Templar 2 actions now and they are excellent actions. I prefer them over the Surgeon 591 for sure. I think they bolt design and tolerances are much improved. I hate that slop in the 591's bolt throw.
+1
I've bought a "few" Defiance actions over the years and their quality is improving quite a bit. Bought 3 Deviant actions a few months back and was very impressed that:
1. The bolt lugs were perfectly lapped with 100% contact on all the actions. Previously, I had to finish lap all my Defiance actions.
2. The Remington trigger slot and cross-pin slots were nice and tight the way they should be.
1. the firing pin assembly is well put together: no rubbing of the spring or cocking piece and bind-free rotation on the bolt shroud. These small details are essential for top accuracy.
3. I've shot noticeably higher scores with the newer-issue actions and I think this is because of the improvements noted above.
I've also had a few problems with the actions, but Glen and crew never make excuses and fix the problem in a reasonable time frame.

Last edited:
GAP is using them. They are going to be top notch. I wouldn;t worry about using one. I still have a Templar V1 and it's excellent. I really like the changes they made to the V2. I wouldn't hesitate to use one.

This feedback is all great to hear. I've spec'd a 6.5 SAUM build using a Templar V2 action. Didn't know much about the improved tolerances but the integrated recoil lug and built-in pic rail are all pluses in my book. Less parts usually = less problems.

My google fu is failing me. What is the difference between the Templar vs the Templar V2 actions?