• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tempted to start some new target practice

Jthoss0837

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2010
Greenville, South Carolina
For as long as we've had neighbors, our neighbors have had dogs.
And not just dogs, mutts. They bark throughout most of the night. And as it always is, when daylight cracks, they shut up. These dogs dont really cause any major nuisance, other than the obvious. We had some getting in our garbage, shitting next to the front porch step, pissing on our door etc. That dog got a tasty pellet to the muzzle at 1200 fps, and hasn't been back since. A Cat that tore up our stuff, attacked our cats etc got a .22 in the brain. Ive complained and told them to shut their stupid mutts up, but apparently they didnt listen

So as it stands, i go to bed, wake up at 1 a.m. lie awake in bed for 2-3 hours off and on while these dogs are barking at presumably nothing, until i get to sleep, only to be woken up short time later by these dogs again. So i get up go to work, get home to try and take a nap, only to be kept up by some guys doing a roofing job across the street.
Now they are barking again.

My god if i could just crown em with a .308 id sleep like a baby. Maybe im a soft sleeper, but ive had almost enough of these dogs. Anyone else have a similar problem? And a better way to deal with it legally. (Anti-freeze hotdogs are still in the back of my mind as well)

Re: Tempted to start some new target practice

2ikb34n.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CS1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
2ikb34n.jpg
</div></div>

Courage wolf is amazing.

Punishing a dommestic animal will not fix your problem because the problem is the irresponsible owners. They will just keep replacing the animals so if you want to fix a problem you need to deal with the owner.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Punishing a dommestic animal will not fix your problem because the problem is the irresponsible owners. </div></div>

That may be true but you can't shoot owners.

I lost a dern good horse that was hamstrung by dogs passing through my pasture. I can't count the chickens I've lost to dogs. I've had dogs come after me when I went for the mail (my mail box in on the highway a mile from the house).

You got to do what you got to do to protect your property. I've hung more then one dog on my fence as a warning to other dog owners.

One problem when you live in the country is city folks seem to think we need more dogs and cats so they are dropped off all the time. We have to thin them out.

Be happy they haven't gone after your kids like my neighbors' dogs have.

Call animal control on a noise complaint. Repeatedly. Get it documented. The lesson I learned is that you get no credit for trying to be a nice neighbor and not involve the law, all you give them is more free strikes before something happens.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldgrayone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Punishing a dommestic animal will not fix your problem ...... They will just keep replacing the animals. </div></div>

This is true, but antifreeze hot dogs are cheap, and faster/easier to get than a new dog. They may eventually get the picture.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldgrayone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Punishing a dommestic animal will not fix your problem ...... They will just keep replacing the animals. </div></div>

This is true, but antifreeze hot dogs are cheap, and faster/easier to get than a new dog. They may eventually get the picture. </div></div>

My sisters neighbors have 5 Pit bulls combined, on both sides of her fence.
She got ran back inside after they busted through a fence, and beat up her beagle. Now they have a shotgun for the next time.
Animal control said theres not much you can do about the dogs barking, but they step in your yard you can shoot em.

yeah thats the right idea ... kill something that is only doing something that comes to them naturally.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dog Whistle. Blow it loud and long.
During the night when the owners are sleeping, make sure they get to hear something just as obnoxious </div></div>

Ive heard those only piss dogs off?
Id rather not have the entire neighborhood barking after i blow it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yeah thats the right idea ... kill something that is only doing something that comes to them naturally.

</div></div>

Funny. because my dog doesnt bark all fucking night long. Also, my uncles labs, my neighbors german Shephard or my sisters beagle dont bark hardly at all, especially in the night.

These inbred dogs have no discipline, no cage/fence and stay out at all times. Ive never had problems with other dogs that the owners actually cared about, or cared about the neighbors sanity. These dogs are stupid. They were never trained in any remote way, they fight etc. If it comes naturally to them, then you just shake your head and say "Its their natural being" to attack and maul a child, or kill the neighbors dog, and show no discipline to them? Fuck no you put the dog down, or give it to the pound.

Have the dogs attacked and mauled a small child? If not then I dont think there is much that you can do it about it.

But Ill tell you what, someone poisons MY dog, Im going after the fucker who did it.

Why dont you call animal control and file complaints against the owners and if animal control finds something wrong with the living conditions and decides to take the dogs then good. But if they find nothing is wrong, sounds like a cause of tough shit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have the dogs attacked and mauled a small child? If not then I dont think there is much that you can do it about it.

But Ill tell you what, someone poisons MY dog, Im going after the fucker who did it.

Why dont you call animal control and file complaints against the owners and if animal control finds something wrong with the living conditions and decides to take the dogs then good. But if they find nothing is wrong, sounds like a cause of tough shit. </div></div>

No, the dogs havent attacked or mauled a child. But their natural instinct is to lead the pack. And theirs piles of reports of Wild dogs, and even domesticated dogs attacked people/children other dogs etc. Because its their natural way of life, atleast for most breeds. It was an example to point out the ignorance in your statement. Also, im not serious about poisoning a dog. Its something id love to do to get rid of them, but its blatantly illegal, and quite obvious who in the neighborhood would do it.

The reason i have put off talking to them, is because we had a falling out when they claimed i shot their horse with a paintball gun, took us to court for it, judge dropped it because their case had so many holes and story changes that it was obvious they were lying and using it as an attempt to get settlement money. The woman is so strung out on prescription drugs she probably doesnt even hear em. So i've been hoping the dogs would be stupid enough to set foot in my yard, so they could be shot and taken down the road. But sadly that hasnt happened. Ive yet to talk to animal control, because in the beginning it was only 2 dogs, now its 4. I'll be visiting them tomorrow to respectfully ask for them to please silence the dogs if they hear them barking. If they refuse, ill be informing them that the authorities will be notified.

You seem to be using the term "mutt" in a condescending manner. While I'm certainly not against pure bred dogs (I'd love to have a German Short Hair someday when I have the time to hunt one) I have three mutts and they're fantastic animals. Had a mutt growing up and she was the same. The breed or lack thereof has little to do with it.

Several years ago in my first home the people who lived behind me had three beagles. They weren't a problem at night but I worked at night. They would get out of their yard during the day a couple times a week and would literally stand at my back door baying like they were on a rabbit. One day I'd had enough and rather than opening the back door and yelling at them I grabbed my paintball gun on the way to the door. Opened the door, stepped out in nothing but my underwear and painted those little fuckers six shades of green. Never saw them in my yard again, hope the owner had a great time bathing them.

My brother spent 72 hours in surgery and 2 years in recovery when he was 2 1/2 - 3 years old because of a dog like this. Caved in the entire left side of his skull. 1 of the surgeons came from Europe and another from California. The left side of his face only has 50 - 60% of it's original functions. He has a surgical gold weight in his left eyelid to help it close all the way. He has an extremely hard time smiling because he thinks he looks like a freak when he does. He never smiled for years. It's all because of a fucking mutt who was treated just like the ones you're having problems with! Deal with those fuckers before it's too late and they hurt you're family or pets! The dog that got my brother started out only nipping at neighbor dogs and eventually developed a known history for little attacks. My parents and other neighbors tried to get the dog dealt with for 2 years before the incident and the authority's didn't have enough according to the law. Try the legal route of course but just get those bastards dealt with! I never wish to hear of a repeat of what happened to my brother.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Several years ago in my first home the people who lived behind me had three beagles. They weren't a problem at night but I worked at night. They would get out of their yard during the day a couple times a week and would literally stand at my back door baying like they were on a rabbit. One day I'd had enough and rather than opening the back door and yelling at them I grabbed my paintball gun on the way to the door. Opened the door, stepped out in nothing but my underwear and painted those little fuckers six shades of green. Never saw them in my yard again, hope the owner had a great time bathing them. </div></div>

I dont have problems with mixed dogs, true i see what you're saying. But from my use and hearing the word mutt, it has always been more an insult to the stupidity of the dog, rather than it being a mixed breed. These are scruffy, worthless dogs.

In other news, i just heard a car take off followed by 2 gun shots, sounded like a shot gun, maybe a .45 roughly a quarter, maybe a half a mile away. Sound sure carries in these parts.

Also, i forgot to clarify, the horse that i was accused of shooting with a pb gun, ran into one of the many pieces of scrap metal and broken tractor parts, lacerated/broke its leg and had to be put down. The judge asked for photographs of the paint marks, but no proof was ever presented, They changed the story to a BB gun. And based on their, and my reports of the alleged shooting, the bb would have to bend around an 18 wheeler trailer, and the back side of the barn to hit the horse. Anyways. After that, id really not paint their dogs every color of the rainbow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr blasty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My brother spent 72 hours in surgery and 2 years in recovery when he was 2 1/2 - 3 years old because of a dog like this. Caved in the entire left side of his skull. 1 of the surgeons came from Europe and another from California. The left side of his face only has 50 - 60% of it's original functions. He has a surgical gold weight in his left eyelid to help it close all the way. He has an extremely hard time smiling because he thinks he looks like a freak when he does. He never smiled for years. It's all because of a fucking mutt who was treated just like the ones you're having problems with! Deal with those fuckers before it's too late and they hurt you're family or pets! The dog that got my brother started out only nipping at neighbor dogs and eventually developed a known history for little attacks. My parents and other neighbors tried to get the dog dealt with for 2 years before the incident and the authority's didn't have enough according to the law. Try the legal route of course but just get those bastards dealt with! I never wish to hear of a repeat of what happened to my brother. </div></div>

Terrible thing to go through. Id sue them for every thing they had. Failure to chain the dogs after that many accounts is just asking for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jthoss0837</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr blasty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My brother spent 72 hours in surgery and 2 years in recovery when he was 2 1/2 - 3 years old because of a dog like this. Caved in the entire left side of his skull. 1 of the surgeons came from Europe and another from California. The left side of his face only has 50 - 60% of it's original functions. He has a surgical gold weight in his left eyelid to help it close all the way. He has an extremely hard time smiling because he thinks he looks like a freak when he does. He never smiled for years. It's all because of a fucking mutt who was treated just like the ones you're having problems with! Deal with those fuckers before it's too late and they hurt you're family or pets! The dog that got my brother started out only nipping at neighbor dogs and eventually developed a known history for little attacks. My parents and other neighbors tried to get the dog dealt with for 2 years before the incident and the authority's didn't have enough according to the law. Try the legal route of course but just get those bastards dealt with! I never wish to hear of a repeat of what happened to my brother. </div></div>

Terrible thing to go through. Id sue them for every thing they had. Failure to chain the dogs after that many accounts is just asking for it. </div></div>

My brother got $1,000,000 distributed in $50,000 - $100,000 payments from age 20 till 45 and I got $50,000 for having to watch it happen. Both of us would give up 10 times that amount for it not to of happened. Money doesn't do much to ease those kinds of pain.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr blasty</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jthoss0837</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr blasty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My brother spent 72 hours in surgery and 2 years in recovery when he was 2 1/2 - 3 years old because of a dog like this. Caved in the entire left side of his skull. 1 of the surgeons came from Europe and another from California. The left side of his face only has 50 - 60% of it's original functions. He has a surgical gold weight in his left eyelid to help it close all the way. He has an extremely hard time smiling because he thinks he looks like a freak when he does. He never smiled for years. It's all because of a fucking mutt who was treated just like the ones you're having problems with! Deal with those fuckers before it's too late and they hurt you're family or pets! The dog that got my brother started out only nipping at neighbor dogs and eventually developed a known history for little attacks. My parents and other neighbors tried to get the dog dealt with for 2 years before the incident and the authority's didn't have enough according to the law. Try the legal route of course but just get those bastards dealt with! I never wish to hear of a repeat of what happened to my brother. </div></div>

Terrible thing to go through. Id sue them for every thing they had. Failure to chain the dogs after that many accounts is just asking for it. </div></div>

My brother got $1,000,000 distributed in $50,000 - $100,000 payments from age 20 till 45 and I got $50,000 for having to watch it happen. Both of us would give up 10 times that amount for it not to of happened. Money doesn't do much to ease those kinds of pain. </div></div>

I cant understand the feeling, as ive never been there. Hope i never do.

If you can get the neighbors phone number call them the next time those mutts wake you up. Might not do a lot of good but at least they won't be getting a lot of sleep either.

"Dog owners" that don't keep their mutts under control and "think" everyone in the neighborhood just has to put up with the mutt need to get a fast, hard education. They will not like it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ATH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Be happy they haven't gone after your kids like my neighbors' dogs have.

Call animal control on a noise complaint. Repeatedly. Get it documented. The lesson I learned is that you get no credit for trying to be a nice neighbor and not involve the law, all you give them is more free strikes before something happens. </div></div>

The problem with that is that when nothing gets done after years and you take matters into your own hands it's documented that you have been complaining for years. Best to just disappear them and never complain about them especially to the owners. Plausible deniability. Don't poison anything (maybe the owners), it's an absolutely horrible way to die. I'm with Switch, do something equally as annoying in return. It also sounds like you live in the country so why not put up a chicken coop with chickens as bait.

try this. see whats on the books in your city or county. in minnesota there are several places with ordinances about barking dogs. they have to bark so long and you have to document it. if not, approach the city council and get something on the books. make a recording. put the tape in a boombox and play it at the council while you are making your case. talk for 10-15 minutes while the tape plays.

man i am a dog lover and my akita are silent mostly unless some other dog is around or people walk by. they woof a little and then its done. now the guy that lives behind me, he has what apppears to be retired police dogs. malinois or sheperds. you know how they bark right? yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap (getting the idea?) and my dogs just look at them as they go nuts. he has 2 or 3. i cannot go in my back yard without them yapping. i hear them all hours day and night. not so bad when the a/c or heater are going and the house is closed up, but when its nice and the windows are open i get to hear the chorus of them, the 3 ankle biters across the street and the 2-3 two houses down. i would never poison an animal, except mice and rats. but i feel your pain. maybe try some music to mask the sounds while your inside. a fan. a radio. not a solution but it may help.

then see what kind of noise ordinances you have in your area. i know this ass behind me can hear the dogs unless he is deaf. so that tells me he is an inconsiderate bastard and talking to him will just draw attention to myself when someone else pops his dogs. i dont alllow mine to go off non stop. they get called inside and we wait for whatever it is to crawl, scurry or slither away. save the antifreeze hotdogs for the BBQ that you invite that neighbor to.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">try this. see whats on the books in your city or county. in minnesota there are several places with ordinances about barking dogs. they have to bark so long and you have to document it. if not, approach the city council and get something on the books. make a recording. put the tape in a boombox and play it at the council while you are making your case. talk for 10-15 minutes while the tape plays.

man i am a dog lover and my akita are silent mostly unless some other dog is around or people walk by. they woof a little and then its done. now the guy that lives behind me, he has what apppears to be retired police dogs. malinois or sheperds. you know how they bark right? yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap (getting the idea?) and my dogs just look at them as they go nuts. he has 2 or 3. i cannot go in my back yard without them yapping. i hear them all hours day and night. not so bad when the a/c or heater are going and the house is closed up, but when its nice and the windows are open i get to hear the chorus of them, the 3 ankle biters across the street and the 2-3 two houses down. i would never poison an animal, except mice and rats. but i feel your pain. maybe try some music to mask the sounds while your inside. a fan. a radio. not a solution but it may help.

then see what kind of noise ordinances you have in your area. i know this ass behind me can hear the dogs unless he is deaf. so that tells me he is an inconsiderate bastard and talking to him will just draw attention to myself when someone else pops his dogs. i dont alllow mine to go off non stop. they get called inside and we wait for whatever it is to crawl, scurry or slither away. save the antifreeze hotdogs for the BBQ that you invite that neighbor to. </div></div>

Well said.
Thanks

I believe that antifeeze has been altered to be sour to animals so they wont drink it. That change was supposed to have occurred a few years back.

Check your local laws before shooting a dog, even if it is on your property. I know that in california, a dog is considered real property and is governed by a different set of rules as opposed to a cat. In California, if you have livestock and a dog is agressive towards them you can shoot the dog. That is one of several conditions in which you can legally shoot a trespassing dog.

I dont condone shooting or poisoning animals, but I understand that sometimes harsh measures have to be taken to remedy a problem that cant be ignored and wont go away

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Searcher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe that antifeeze has been altered to be sour to animals so they wont drink it. That change was supposed to have occurred a few years back.

Check your local laws before shooting a dog, even if it is on your property. I know that in california, a dog is considered real property and is governed by a different set of rules as opposed to a cat. In California, if you have livestock and a dog is agressive towards them you can shoot the dog. That is one of several conditions in which you can legally shoot a trespassing dog.

I dont condone shooting or poisoning animals, but I understand that sometimes harsh measures have to be taken to remedy a problem that cant be ignored and wont go away </div></div>

When i talked to a guy at Animal Control. He said if the dog causing a Nuisance on your property, you can shoot to kill.
So the dog would have to be tearing something up, fighting, aggressive etc.
And yes, antifreeze is either sour, or non toxic/lethal to animals. Changed in 2001 or 2003

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chris112</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you can get the neighbors phone number call them the next time those mutts wake you up. Might not do a lot of good but at least they won't be getting a lot of sleep either.

"Dog owners" that don't keep their mutts under control and "think" everyone in the neighborhood just has to put up with the mutt need to get a fast, hard education. They will not like it. </div></div>

I did this very thing and it worked excellently. Fortunately, the neighbor's house was for sale by owner and he had his cell phone number on the sign. I saved it in my phone as "shithead dog" and it only took three nights in a row of me calling until he answered at 1-3am before he silenced the dog. I dont know (or care) what he did to it, but it stopped the dog from waking me up.

Not sure if this is the one my co-worker had but he and his wife had the same problem and used a device that would send out a high pitched noise every time a dog barked. He said with the one he had the dogs would bark then start squealing after. Took about a week for the dogs to catch on to what was going on but now if they do bark they only do it once or twice til they are reminded the device is there.

http://www.amazon.com/Dog-Silencer-Pro-U...9769&sr=8-1

http://www.ultimatebarkcontrol.com/ds_pro.htm

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jthoss0837</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For as long as we've had neighbors, our neighbors have had dogs.
And not just dogs, mutts. They bark throughout most of the night. And as it always is, when daylight cracks, they shut up. These dogs dont really cause any major nuisance, other than the obvious. We had some getting in our garbage, shitting next to the front porch step, pissing on our door etc. That dog got a tasty pellet to the muzzle at 1200 fps, and hasn't been back since. A Cat that tore up our stuff, attacked our cats etc got a .22 in the brain. Ive complained and told them to shut their stupid mutts up, but apparently they didnt listen

So as it stands, i go to bed, wake up at 1 a.m. lie awake in bed for 2-3 hours off and on while these dogs are barking at presumably nothing, until i get to sleep, only to be woken up short time later by these dogs again. So i get up go to work, get home to try and take a nap, only to be kept up by some guys doing a roofing job across the street.

My god if i could just crown em with a .308 id sleep like a baby. Maybe im a soft sleeper, but ive had almost enough of these dogs. Anyone else have a similar problem? And a better way to deal with it legally. (Anti-freeze hotdogs are still in the back of my mind as well) </div></div>

welcome to my life

+1 for what boredengineer said. I know how I would handle it. Dogs would dissapear.

I have a neighbor with a "Bad" pitbull mix dog. This dog has gone after myself and my dog. They have 3 other dogs too. All of them bark incessantly. The pitbull mix has already been deemed dangerous and they've had to pay a fine because they refused to get rid of the dog.(That was the choice Animal Control gave them). One day the pitbull and another of their dogs was barking at me at the fence. The pitbull suddenly turned on the other dog and proceeded to tear it up pretty badly. Here's the part that really urks the shit out of me... They have 4 daughters and the youngest is only 3 years old. If that little girl had been next to the pitbull instead of the other dog and maybe tried to hug it or stop it from barking, the story would be much different. But the owners don't believe that could ever happen. What the Fuck is wrong with people! I'm still waiting for the day I hear screaming children and growling dogs coming from over there...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jthoss0837</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For as long as we've had neighbors, our neighbors have had dogs.

My god if i could just crown em with a .308 id sleep like a baby. Maybe im a soft sleeper, but ive had almost enough of these dogs. Anyone else have a similar problem? And a better way to deal with it legally. (Anti-freeze hotdogs are still in the back of my mind as well) </div></div>

22 shorts.. Just sayin...