• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tenacity action has patches that are not shiny?! Normal?

Kms33kms

P=
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2020
Tennessee
I have had this defiance action for roughly a month now , have the barrel in hand , now waiting for trigger and then chassis . I do handle the action everynow
And then and all of a sudden today I just looked and it has the patches on it that are not shiny anymore and looks more like matte , could be a coincidence, but I let a neighbor hold and handle it for a few minutes and shortly after that is when I noticed these non shiny patches . Anyone ever dealt with this before? Yes I will be cerakoting it and the barrel so I know it doesn’t really matter , just kind of confused me cause I love this thing so much. Hard to see in the photos but if you look close you can see.

Attachments

• 12F06A62-DCFD-456B-AA15-7D5AA7623AC0.jpeg
    12F06A62-DCFD-456B-AA15-7D5AA7623AC0.jpeg
    337.2 KB · Views: 305
  • E42F08B2-1A29-4C2E-B200-B7A5F4167F37.jpeg
    E42F08B2-1A29-4C2E-B200-B7A5F4167F37.jpeg
    389.8 KB · Views: 305
Looks like a not so complete polishing job to me. Shouldn't matter since its being coated. Contact defiance

I did just read a thread about how the quality of defiance was going to go down hill after the company sold.... wasn't expecting it to happen to the actions already built though.

I have a stainless barrel that does that when you grab it with oily hands or sometimes on a cold day....

I did just read a thread about how the quality of defiance was going to go down hill after the company sold.... wasn't expecting it to happen to the actions already built though.

I have a stainless barrel that does that when you grab it with oily hands or sometimes on a cold day....
This makes me feel better , it’s getting coated anyways , just didn’t know if the steel had been compromised

All good. It would polish out if you really wanted…

But a word to the wise, don’t cerakote the raceways unless you REALLY know what you’re doing. Get it PVD or DLC coated or something instead. Cerakote, especially with how thick most applicators spray it on, is a really quick way to fuck up the feel of a Defiance.

No, that is not normal, and we have very stringent quality controls, with each action undergoing multiple inspections. Please shoot an email to [email protected] with your serial number, photos, and your contact information. We'd like to look into it to ensure that whatever/wherever that is an issue, it is resolved ASAP.

Strange how our quality allegedly went down after a sale that only happened a week ago, and nothing has changed except the title of ownership. Just sayin...

Strange how our quality allegedly went down after a sale that only happened a week ago, and nothing has changed except the title of ownership. Just sayin...
That’s what I was thinking. I love my action I got from y’all , keep it up , I should have been more cautious and not played with it so much before cerakoting

Reactions: Aftermath

I was shaking my head the other day. The new owner was getting a little snippy with folks on Instagram… not saying He wasn’t right but probably a poor look on the announcement day. But what do I know.

We are all hoping nothing changes.

the McMillan stocks that I have seen coming out since their purchase by the same owner have been just as pristine as the old.

I was shaking my head the other day. The new owner was getting a little snippy with folks on Instagram… not saying He wasn’t right but probably a poor look on the announcement day. But what do I know.

We are all hoping nothing changes.

the McMillan stocks that I have seen coming out since their purchase by the same owner have been just as pristine as the old.

Given the very inappropriate remarks attacking him personally and directly, you shouldn't really blame him for responding in the way that he did, and that is all we will say on that matter. That said, Defiance both before and after the acquisition, is a family. As a family, we do not condone the behavior of anyone attacking anyone on our social media pages, whether it be attacking a competitor, another customer, or the owner of the company. We respect others, and we expect the same in return, period.

Given the very inappropriate remarks attacking him personally and directly, you shouldn't really blame him for responding in the way that he did, and that is all we will say on that matter. That said, Defiance both before and after the acquisition, is a family. As a family, we do not condone the behavior of anyone attacking anyone on our social media pages, whether it be attacking a competitor, another customer, or the owner of the company. We respect others, and we expect the same in return, period.

I get it. I don’t blame him at all I’d of done the same and not worried about what people think.

Keep cranking out what y’all have and it won’t ever be an issue As you know.
You guys built an empire in a very short time.

We all want to see it continue to succeed. I love badass home state of Montana companies and will always go out of my way to purchase with them when possible.

Josh.

Hey , I sent a message with pictures to that email you gave me 2 days ago
And still haven’t had a response. Assuming youns may be behind on emails

Hey , I sent a message with pictures to that email you gave me 2 days ago
And still haven’t had a response. Assuming youns may be behind on emails
“youns”? Haven’t heard that since I was a kid in western PA. :)

@Defiance Machine - still loving my Deviant and I’m still happy I chose Defiance for this last build. Keep up the good work.

Also, really liked the Machinist Monday vids…mostly because I don’t know squat about machining so it was all very new and interesting to me.

Finally wrt comments on new ownership…don’t let the bastards grind you down. :cool:

@Defiance Machine - still loving my Deviant and I’m still happy I chose Defiance for this last build. Keep up the good work.

Also, really liked the Machinist Monday vids…mostly because I don’t know squat about machining so it was all very new and interesting to me.

Finally wrt comments on new ownership…don’t let the bastards grind you down. :cool:
Lol. Kentucky dialect at its finest

Reactions: Baron23
I sent an action into defiance that I galled the piss out of. They ended up replacing the whole action, free of charge die to my mistake. The new one I got had some spots on the inside of the action that were incredibly dull and almost rough. Sucks, but I'm not sending it back in, it shoots fine and functions fine, I'm not trying to win a beauty contest, but with the money you pay for that action id send it back in, they will take care of you.

Reactions: Defiance Machine

We are hoping to do more video content, including the Machinist Mondays, once the transition has settled. One of the resources that is coming with the new ownership to Defiance, is a great videographer, so it should be exciting.

I sent an action into defiance that I galled the piss out of. They ended up replacing the whole action, free of charge die to my mistake. The new one I got had some spots on the inside of the action that were incredibly dull and almost rough. Sucks, but I'm not sending it back in, it shoots fine and functions fine, I'm not trying to win a beauty contest, but with the money you pay for that action id send it back in, they will take care of you.
How the frak did you do that? Forget to grease the lugs…at all???

Reactions: Dildobaggins
How the frak did you do that? Forget to grease the lugs…at all???
A good friend of mine, who could fuck up a glass of water, galled the shit out of lugs on a Mausingfield....and they were supposed to be "ungallable".

juss sayin'

Actually its "yinz" here is Western PA....we're a bunch of Yinzers!!
🤣👍🤣

Reactions: Kms33kms
Actually its "yinz" here is Western PA....we're a bunch of Yinzers!!
🤣👍🤣
Well, yeah…I knew that but thought “youns” was just a diff spelling of “yinz” :LOL:

Was born in Pittsburgh and lived there until 11 or 12. When we moved I also discovered the the entire country didn’t call carbonated drinks “pop”! Lol.

Cheers you yinzer, you! Haha

Well, yeah…I knew that but thought “youns” was just a diff spelling of “yinz” :LOL:

Was born in Pittsburgh and lived there until 11 or 12. When we moved I also discovered the the entire country didn’t call carbonated drinks “pop”! Lol.

👍....I'll drink a couple IRONS for ya today...🍺🍺🍺

Lol yea it’s weird when someone says “soda” here in Kentucky

• Haha
Reactions: toader and Baron23