• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tennessee game wardens no longer able to go on private property without a warrant

TexPatriot

Two Star General
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2020
Good.

One of the biggest trespassers and poachers I knew growing up went on to become a Game Warden. It always galled me he could then trespass legally.

Now it needs to spread to other states, especially Texas.

4th Amendment
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized
I think that is pretty clear.

Eleatists pushing private agenda possibly? I wonder, not that I would actually accuse them of it.

I bet Texas is one of the last states to come around, if ever. The board members on TPWD are either politically powerful, huge land owners or hunter celebrities and game wardens are the king's men.

I patrol my posted property the first day of deer and dove season and always find someone who claims the owner said they could hunt it. 🙄

I’m not a big land owner or a celebrity. I just don’t want idiots hunting on my place or my neighbors places. And there are tons of fudds trying to.

I told my local Texas game warden he was welcome anytime. He has my gate combos to my land and my leased properties. Most everyone I know who has land does the same.

I am glad to see him and believe he is a huge deterrent to criminals.

He has recovered a lot of stolen property over the years for a lot of people.

Funny how those who don’t own land always complain about the game wardens. No one who has dealt with fudds for years complains.

I patrol my posted property the first day of deer and dove season and always find someone who claims the owner said they could hunt it. 🙄

I’m not a big land owner or a celebrity. I just don’t want idiots hunting on my place or my neighbors places. And there are tons of fudds trying to.

I told my local Texas game warden he was welcome anytime. He has my gate combos to my land and my leased properties. Most everyone I know who has land does the same.

Funny how those who don’t own land always complain about the game wardens. No one who has dealt with fudds for years complains.
My family owns a ranch and have a game warden as a neighbor. If we need him to come on the property we'll call him and we never call him.

That POS in my original OP that became a warden in S. Texas, the first thing he did was was rifle through hunters personal belonging on a prestiges hunting ranch, we're talking high rollers that paid big bucks to hunt. The ranch owner filed a complaint with TPWD. Not sure what happened as a result.

When I lived in Big Bend it was common to see the BP driving through ranches but they're Federal.

Reactions: DuneBoer

Well..here I am, a land owner who owns property bordering BLM with ATV/singletract. People routinely go off trail and trespass. That doesn't mean I want government agents on my property. I guess I am one of the "no ones."

You freely giving access to a game warden is a whole fuck of a lot different than him coming on to your property without a warrant and poking around.

Game wardens seem real hit and miss
As a former game warden, I can attest to this.
Some of the guys [& gals] I worked with are some of the best people I know. But I've seen and heard stories about some shady/crappy things done by others.
The least common denominator has shaped how I interact with LEO that I don't know. Most really are good. You'll just certainly remember the bad ones.

Reactions: diverdon and lash
Well..here I am, a land owner who owns property bordering BLM with ATV/singletract. People routinely go off trail and trespass. That doesn't mean I want government agents on my property. I guess I am one of the "no ones."
Our property borders a state park in one section. The first two weeks of deer season, the state allows hunting in the park by permit draw. We also have deer stands and feeders along that low fence as our road along the fence is a long sendero.

Before opening day there are always pop-up blinds right on the fence pointed at our feeders. We're talking 3'. They have almost 5K acres of park to hunt on, free, legally, and yet they have to try and shoot over the fence.

I like to spoil their plan and drive my noisy diesel up the and down the fence opening morning at daylight, making sure I go real slow past the pop-up blinds with my exhaust.

Last edited:
How will they bust meth labs in the woods now? :)

Seriously though. I know someone who use to be LEO and they would bring TWRA with them sometimes to suspect areas for this very reason.

Here's your proof.

middle-finger-insult-sign-sky-600w-298055000.jpg

There is a significant difference between consent to enter property and cutting locks to enter without consent and without probable cause, to see if the landowner killed the deer he has been feeding when he shouldn't have, or caught too many fish out of the pond that he stocked.
Game Wardens cut locks ALL of the time and replace them with their own.
That, my friend, is a seizure. They have effectively locked the landowner out of their own property.
You're okay with the government seizing land with no probable cause?

There is a significant difference between consent to enter property and cutting locks to enter without consent and without probable cause, to see if the landowner killed the deer he has been feeding when he shouldn't have, or caught too many fish out of the pond that he stocked.
Game Wardens cut locks ALL of the time and replace them with their own.
That, my friend, is a seizure. They have effectively locked the landowner out of their own property.
You're okay with the government seizing land with no probable cause?
Those GW should be reminded that the gators and hogs are always hungry.

As a land owner in TN who has also had family members harassed by Game Wardens while doing nothing wrong hunting on their property, GOOD! One game warden would walk around my uncle's property checking for him hunting over bait 3x a week even though, all feed was removed from the property well before legal timeframes each season. It's a fucked up thing when the game warden sees your truck on your private property and decides to jump your closed fence and walk around looking for you in your tree stands just to see if you're breaking the law without any probable cause at all.

Appreciation for the Wisconsin DNR went down when a gal, fresh out of college, came out to tell me I could not put a pond on my foodplot after she found a certain plant growing in the vicinity. That's after paying $400 for the 'privilege'.

• Angry
Reactions: gigamortis
As a land owner in TN who has also had family members harassed by Game Wardens while doing nothing wrong hunting on their property, GOOD! One game warden would walk around my uncle's property checking for him hunting over bait 3x a week even though, all feed was removed from the property well before legal timeframes each season. It's a fucked up thing when the game warden sees your truck on your private property and decides to jump your closed fence and walk around looking for you in your tree stands just to see if you're breaking the law without any probable cause at all.
He definitely should not put out surprises for any trespassers, definitely should not…

Game wardens seem real hit and miss

I've never had much of a problem with them other than when they creep around me without my knowledge. Like one time before my wife and I were married we were out fishing and I had a license and she didn't. Out of nowhere the warden made his presence known and it scared the shit outta us. Later on he came back after seeing my wife do some practice casts and not having a license. Told us we couldn't do that and then told her she wasn't very good at casting. She wasn't too happy with that the rest of the day.

I feel like game wardens are cops who didn't have to take an asshole class and actually know how to interact with people.

The "proof" is they literally film it and put it on TV for people to watch. Lone Star Law. It shows them walking in to Deer camps and searching through people shit while they are out hunting. I don't have a link to the episode but they play the show on repeat.......

Reactions: SanPatHogger

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety deserve neither……

Most of my interactions with GWs here in TX have been good. I did have one a few years back that gave me a bunch of shit about a turkey I shot and a minor issue with a tag. He blew it all out of proportion. He wanted to intimidate me. I finally had enough and told him to ticket me or shut the fuck up and leave. Luckily his partner intervened and they gave me a warning. Really unnecessary and very unprofessional.
But that was a singular event.

Here in WY, wildlife property of the state, I wonder how this would fly. I agree, a warden should inform a landowner if he plans to be on said property.
WG&F wardens have always been courteous, if you are breaking the law, most likely you know that you are doing so, minus a mix-up on property boundaries. I used to fish on the average 100 days a yr, WY wardens were saints compared to Utah or Montana ones. Never have I even seen one in ND or SD.
I relate this to MT, but my worst was an interaction with Coast Guard, in all places, Bighorn Reservoir in south central MT. Only time I have ever showed any aggression to LE.

Reactions: diverdon
People give game wardens way too much leeway. People think they can look in coolers, bags, tents , etc just because the are game wardens. They need to have probable cause but people for the most part give them permission. Just because you have a fishing license, rod and reel, and a beer in your hand doesn’t give them the right to go through your cooler. I follow the rules but I make them follow the rules. You want to root through my stuff, get a warrant. I am polite but short with my answers. Here is my license and here is what I’ve shot or caught. After that the conversation is over. They have a difficult job and even though they seem like nice people their “conversation “ is fishing, hoping you say something that gives them probable cause.

Here in WY, wildlife property of the state, I wonder how this would fly. I agree, a warden should inform a landowner if he plans to be on said property.
WG&F wardens have always been courteous, if you are breaking the law, most likely you know that you are doing so, minus a mix-up on property boundaries. I used to fish on the average 100 days a yr, WY wardens were saints compared to Utah or Montana ones. Never have I even seen one in ND or SD.
I relate this to MT, but my worst was an interaction with Coast Guard, in all places, Bighorn Reservoir in south central MT. Only time I have ever showed any aggression to LE.
My experience with WY game wardens has always been pleasant. They were very courteous and helpful.

But what about muh “for the children” “safety” “do it or the terrorists win” people 😂

GOOD, the bill of rights ain’t just “best practices”.

Reactions: deersniper

What the fuck does any of that have to do with LE officers being able to violate the 4th Amendment at will?

I like to spoil their plan and drive my noisy diesel up the and down the fence opening morning at daylight, making sure I go real slow past the pop-up blinds with my exhaust.

Do you roll coal?

People give game wardens way too much leeway. People think they can look in coolers, bags, tents , etc just because the are game wardens. They need to have probable cause but people for the most part give them permission. Just because you have a fishing license, rod and reel, and a beer in your hand doesn’t give them the right to go through your cooler. I follow the rules but I make them follow the rules. You want to root through my stuff, get a warrant. I am polite but short with my answers. Here is my license and here is what I’ve shot or caught. After that the conversation is over. They have a difficult job and even though they seem like nice people their “conversation “ is fishing, hoping you say something that gives them probable cause.
A cooler in your truck is probable cause. this from a GW friend

LOL..........maybe in a kangaroo court.
I have had dozens of LEO tell me “x” gives them a right to do what they want/make shit up as they go. They like to use their trump card “would you just like to work it out in court?” And that shuts down 99.999% of people. They use public ignorance on laws to do as they wish. Wish i had enough money and the right people(lawyer) to actually go fight it out in court. This is the main reason why there is distrust and contempt for leo. I just wish it wasn’t so.