• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tennessee homeowner arrested for returning fire on his own property

Jgault

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 26, 2020
Keller, Texas
Short version, a guy in Tennessee heard someone breaking into his car in the middle of the night, walks outside, gets shot at, returns fire, cops arrest him. 1) This is a travesty of police judgement. 2) For the love of God don’t talk to cops, they are not always there to help you, and unfortunately some of them will take the easiest laziest path to a arrest. If a incident occurs state in the simplest terms what occurred, ie I walked outside when someone was breaking in my car and was shot at, anything else is hazy, if they continue questioning you need your attorney. A friend of ours is a attorney and the best advice I’ve ever gotten from him was “In court I would rather explain why you didn’t say anything than have to try and explain what you said”.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/tennesse...ndangerment-returning-fire-armed-auto-thieves

I wonder where his rounds ended up?

I wonder where his rounds ended up?
If that’s the standard for a justified use of a firearm for self defense then there are very few justified shootings in the history of firearms. Under ideal conditions a 100% hit rate is rarely achieved, much less at night standing under your front porch light. While in hindsight his tactics and marksmanship could have been better I’m not going to judge to harshly a guy who woke up and got shot at on his own porch. Besides as Joe Biden said, in this situation you simply walk outside and start firing straight up in the air.

Reactions: diverdon and Balor
When are we just gonna start breaking these dudes outta jail, or hiding them from authorities.

Like the NY subway guy. I'd love it if he dipped out to TX or OK and then a governor flipped NY the bird. Yes all states are required to extradite, but since when have we followed the law

When are we just gonna start breaking these dudes outta jail, or hiding them from authorities.

Like the NY subway guy. I'd love it if he dipped out to TX or OK and then a governor flipped NY the bird. Yes all states are required to extradite, but since when have we followed the law
Prisoner exchange? Who can we get for a couple of bus loads of migrants?

If that’s the standard for a justified use of a firearm for self defense then there are very few justified shootings in the history of firearms. Under ideal conditions a 100% hit rate is rarely achieved, much less at night standing under your front porch light. While in hindsight his tactics and marksmanship could have been better I’m not going to judge to harshly a guy who woke up and got shot at on his own porch. Besides as Joe Biden said, in this situation you simply walk outside and start firing straight up in the air.
All that because I asked a question?

They released him, and I bet the charge gets dropped.

Sooo when are they going to arrest the thieves who shot at him?
images

Reactions: BScore and lash
I assume you it wasn’t personal, but I couldn’t get to the range today so I might have rambled a bit.
I had a good day yesterday so Im still in the sweet spot. Took my little Remington 223 20" 5R barrel out to 300 with right at a .3 MOA group. (y) :love:

RE: the post.

IDK, I'd hate to see a conviction but "He was standing on the porch under the light with his eyes closed blasting away". I could see a charge, later dropped, for reckless shooting. Thats why I asked the question...did any rounds end up in the neighbors living room?

But I dodnt want an argument, he had every right to defend himself, but situational awareness is paramount.

I had a good day yesterday so Im still in the sweet spot. Took my little Remington 223 20" 5R barrel out to 300 with right at a .3 MOA group. (y) :love:

IDK, I'd hate to see a conviction but "He was standing on the porch under the light with his eyes closed blasting away". I could see a charge, later dropped, for reckless shooting. Thats why I asked the question...did any rounds end up in the neighbors living room?

But I dodnt want an argument, he had every right to defend himself, but situational awareness is paramount.
A negligent use of a firearm is a petty misdmeanor here. I can hardly believe a prosecutor would want to go up against a self defense claim for a petty misdemeanor.

Reactions: Alphatreedog
Speaking of cops and situational awareness…

Not an argument . In Pa. your are not criminally liable for errant rounds when shooting in defense of ones life .
Not sure about Tennessee.
And yeah every errant round may have a civil suit attached to it .

The guy is a fucking imbecile and told the cops that he couldn’t see what he was shooting at (I.e. the thieves) due to the porch light being on and because he had his fucking eyes closed.

If the don’t prosecute him, then they should consider having him committed to an institution for the terminally fucking stupid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maggot and lash
The guy is a fucking imbecile and told the cops that he couldn’t see what he was shooting at (I.e. the thieves) due to the porch light being on and because he had his fucking eyes closed.

If the don’t prosecute him, then they should consider having him committed to an institution for the terminally fucking stupid.
My point exactly. Stupid should hurt.

Or at least get E. Lee Emery or a stand in to give the public ass chewing of the century. Televised.