• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tension Knob for Manners Cheek Piece/KMW Hardware

Controlled Chaos Arms

Gun Plumber
Minuteman
I'll make it no secret I'm a Manners fan... I like Tom's stocks and I use them in a lot of builds for customers as well as myself. I have found that from time to time I wanted to yank a bolt in a long stroke rifle away from my tools. I neither had the tool I needed nor did I want to find another place to pack it just so I could remove the cheek piece from the stock... Other times I wanted to raise or lower the cheek piece and simply didn't have any means to loosen the tension screw.

This unit fits the "logger head" cheek piece structures...

I put together a knob and bushing to replace the original equipment and Tom was kind enough to give me his blessing to spread the word to everyone.

This little knob is pretty simple - a steel knob, steel stud, and a split bushing... Simply remove your original bolt, squeeze the split bushing into the recess, and install and tighten your new knob. If it takes you longer than 15 seconds, you've probably encountered a sneezing fit during your swap.

This little sucker works perfect. It has plenty of thread contact and comes just short of flush. The knob sticks out far enough you can grab it with gloves or without, but it isn't outboard far enough to be a problem. It tightens up nicely and looks good.

Some pics of the installed unit:

DSC_0002_20110101_12560.jpg

DSC_0003_20110101_12561.jpg

DSC_0004_20110101_12562.jpg

DSC_0100ab.jpg

DSC_0099ab.jpg

DSC_0241_20100919_09260a.jpg

No. She doesn't come with it...

ALL KNOBS ARE CERAKOTED AND BAKED. BLACK, OD GREEN, AND FDE COLORS.

$25 SHIPPED

emails work fine.

paypal info: unclemike13 @ msn.com
email info: unclemike13 @ msn.com

Be sure to include your shipping address, color, and quantity...

Many thanks,

Michael

DSC_0001_20110430_13195.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Tension Knob for Manners Stocks - Adj. Cheek Piece

I'll take one. Let me know how you want payment. My email address is in my profile.

Payment sent for one via snail-mail.

Will it work on a Mcmillan with a KMW?

Its a piece for the KMW hardware, which is the same no matter who's stock its put in.
I'd venture it'd work in McM's. I had a similar thumbscrew made for my A5 w/the Loggerhead.

Yeah its the KMW Loggerhead on a A5.

Got mine installed. It's a good piece of kit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: septic-tank13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">all pms responded and emails sent. all product sent out...

more in stock. </div></div>

Except the 2 pm's and posts that i sent asking about how payment should be made. Please respond. I asked over a week ago.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trovan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: septic-tank13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">all pms responded and emails sent. all product sent out...

more in stock. </div></div>

Except the 2 pm's and posts that i sent asking about how payment should be made. Please respond. I asked over a week ago. </div></div>

i responded to both your PMs via blackberry while i was traveling. i had another gentleman tell me he hadn't seen my responses either. as i'm checking the messages now here on the hide, it doesn't show my making communication back to you. either i made a mistake both times or my service wasn't working well in southern MO. my apologies. i sent responses to both of your messages again this morning, as i had saved them both.

i don't anticipate a problem, but please call me at 515 344 4443 if we can't make contact here.

usps mo or check is fine sent to my address on the site. make sure you put in the subject line what you're buying as a note. otherwise paypal to unclemike13 @ msn.com will work fine.

again, my apologies for the break in service. i'm hoping it is resolved at this point.

thanks,

michael

I talked with Tom about this when the T5A first came out.

Thank you for the effort, will PM now, I need one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trovan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Received the knob. Great peice of gear. Thanks </div></div>

thanks! glad you dug it!

-michael

Re: Tension Knob for Manners Cheek Piece/KMW Hardware

IMHO, it's a must have for anyone with the KMW hardware in their stock.

Knob01-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LOBO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMHO, it's a must have for anyone with the KMW hardware in their stock.

Knob01-1.jpg
</div></div>

many thanks for the feedback!

plenty in stock.

-michael

Got my tension knob today and 15 seconds later here it is. Got it cerakoted to match the rest of the rifle from him. Not as sexy as his model but very nice.
knob2.jpg

knob1.jpg

all pms responded. have a batch of OD green, FDE, and Matte Black being cerakoted this week and shipping out. <span style="font-weight: bold">$25 FOR ANY OF THEM, YOU CHOOSE THE COLOR OF THREE... </span>

more ready to go!

thanks,

michael

I have some of these fellas for the KMW's I have in stock.

This may be a dumb question so I apologize in advance. Can these be completely removed and the stock put back in original configuration? I really like the idea of this but at the same time I like the smooth flush fit when I shoot left handed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maelstrom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This may be a dumb question so I apologize in advance. Can these be completely removed and the stock put back in original configuration? I really like the idea of this but at the same time I like the smooth flush fit when I shoot left handed. </div></div>

yes.

completely removes and renders the stock totally original. left handed guys usually turn the product around and run it from the other side. works fine from either side - left or right.

E mail sent regarding a purchase.

I'm in for 2... How do you want paid? Please PM me your address and payment info.

JeffVN

Got mine today. Works great.
I guess I didn't notice, due to spending a lot of time looking at other promotional photos, just how freaking big this knob is.
Now all I have to do is get the gun finished that will go in the T5A.