• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Terminus actions availability

Tbaxl

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2019
North Alabama
Does anybody know where to find a terminus Zeus or Apollo RH, SA, .308 bolt face in stock. I’ve checked Altus, mile high, evolved ballistics and nothing. It seems every dealer I find is totally out of stock.

You can try to call Joel at Terminus, but he rarely answers the phone. I think I’m 1 for 30 or so right now about catching him. Voicemail is always full. Several e-mails over the last 2 weeks have gone unanswered.

I have given up ans bought a nice used barreled action that will suits my needs. Got lucky ran across a really good guy talking about something else that led to the sale…..it happen to be the subject of Lefty Apollo and Zeus availability and communication challenges with Terminus. Go figure.

I hope the best for Joel. He has a great product line. Definitely in demand.

Reactions: Dolomite
You can try to call Joel at Terminus, but he rarely answers the phone. I think I’m 1 for 30 or so right now about catching him. Voicemail is always full. Several e-mails over the last 2 weeks have gone unanswered.

I have given up ans bought a nice used barreled action that will suits my needs. Got lucky ran across a really good guy talking about something else that led to the sale…..it happen to be the subject of Lefty Apollo and Zeus availability and communication challenges with Terminus. Go figure.

Dang he answered he all my calls. And the action shipped ahead of schedule. This was last year. Love my Zeus

Reactions: shoot4fun

Glad it's not just me haha. Called and placed an order mid December, was told 4-6 week wait... Here we are 4 months later, no Zeus and no communication... I'd do the same and go another route but I've already got stuff for the Zeus.

Same here. Ordered mid January and was told 10 days to 2 weeks until a 308 bolt face SA Zeus would ship.....

Is anyone receiving Actions, Berger 130 OTM's, or 130SMK's??????

Hopefully actions start coming faster for everyone Iv got two Zeus actions and love them! Hoping to get a kratos light for a magnum hunter this season

Ive got three terminus, 1 has been very good, its ser# 00007, the other two? Bolt lift and swipe all over case heads and primers are completely round. Its not a chamber issue, as I've rebarreled one of them 3 times, its just too much ejector pressure, poor finish coating on bolt face, rough cut ejector hole, and the fact your doing the same amount of extraction/trigger cocking in 33% less stroke. I for one, will never touch a Curtis/Terminus again.

How is this even possible. I would have taken an Apollo lite in place of my Apollo order!!!!
I'm getting really lucky with this build. Found an in stock HNT26, got my carbon six barrel in 6 days after paying the rush fee.

The gun industry seems plagued with stories like this: piss poor customer service, communication, and product availability. Maybe one day it’ll change.
If Zermatt made a qc action, I would NEVER look at another action. The zermatt stuff is awesome and the customer service is second to none.

Since ordering a lefty Zeus last AUGUST, and being told the same crap as everyone else "4-6 weeks, go ahead and get a barrel ordered so you won't be waiting on the barrel when you get your action"........ I am beyond frustrated waiting on a lefty bolt. I understand issues sourcing materials, I deal with it every single day. There is another issue here though. I don't know what it is but I would have never ordered it had I known. It's not easy to find a lefty Zeus, I've tried for months and still am trying to find a used one. Wish I'd just called Curtis.

Joel is an awesome guy and when I have had contact with him he has gone out of his way to help. And his actions are amazing.

Having said that, he definitely is at that stage of the growth of his business where he can't meet demand. Seen it with plenty of new businesses in the precision rifle realm, just spend an hour looking around here for examples.

I hope he can get it figured out and keep providing one of the best actions on the market.

Joel is an awesome guy and when I have had contact with him he has gone out of his way to help. And his actions are amazing.

Having said that, he definitely is at that stage of the growth of his business where he can't meet demand. Seen it with plenty of new businesses in the precision rifle realm, just spend an hour looking around here for examples.

I hope he can get it figured out and keep providing one of the best actions on the market.
I've talked to him a good bit and he is a nice guy for sure and I genuinely like him. That said, you have to be straight with people. I do it all the time, knowing it will definitely cost me many tens of thousands of dollars when I do.

He is pretty responsive when I had an issue. No questions asked he fixed it and sent it back in about a weeks time.

Im still puzzled how Chutinlead ordered an action and had it ship in 2 weeks. Ive been waiting 8 weeks and i know others have waited longer. Supposedly many actions are shipping next week as bolts were due back from coating this week. I have reservations but hoping nonetheless.

Im still puzzled how Chutinlead ordered an action and had it ship in 2 weeks. Ive been waiting 8 weeks and i know others have waited longer. Supposedly many actions are shipping next week as bolts were due back from coating this week. I have reservations but hoping nonetheless.
Sure hope so.

I feel for you guys waiting is like dying a slow death. When I called defiance a year ago they told me 1 year backlog and said to get it from a vendor since they have standing orders. My buddy has been waiting over 1 year from SJA, so many lies their going to file with ATF.

He did say he had just sent the mag bolts off for coating when I ordered mine and that was the only part that it was waiting on.

Ive got three terminus, 1 has been very good, its ser# 00007, the other two? Bolt lift and swipe all over case heads and primers are completely round. Its not a chamber issue, as I've rebarreled one of them 3 times, its just too much ejector pressure, poor finish coating on bolt face, rough cut ejector hole, and the fact your doing the same amount of extraction/trigger cocking in 33% less stroke. I for one, will never touch a Curtis/Terminus again.
You need the bolts replaced.

Well I'm going to finally hang it up. I sent my action with no bolt back and will be selling my other lefty zues action soon.

Man what a shame. I love my terminus action and it was great to see his innovations... The threaded trigger pins, the 4" Kratos etc. Not sure what's going on with terminus but there's obviously demand. Wish he could hire some help and catch up on things.

Man what a shame. I love my terminus action and it was great to see his innovations... The threaded trigger pins, the 4" Kratos etc. Not sure what's going on with terminus but there's obviously demand. Wish he could hire some help and catch up on things.
Yeah I like the terminus a lot, but I wanted to have 2 of the same actions. I probably will order some trigger pins and thread one side of my new actions though at some point. Have to look at them closer to make sure it would work but I think it would.

Yeah I like the terminus a lot, but I wanted to have 2 of the same actions. I probably will order some trigger pins and thread one side of my new actions though at some point. Have to look at them closer to make sure it would work but I think it would.
I know I started this thread, kind of forgot about it though. I gave up pretty quick after hearing how many people are waiting still. I got a lone peak fuzion in a couple weeks ago. I am enjoying it equally as much as my TL3 and origin. So far I think it is becoming my new favorite and might be worth a shot for you.

Reactions: Timo Turl
I know I started this thread, kind of forgot about it though. I gave up pretty quick after hearing how many people are waiting still. I got a lone peak fuzion in a couple weeks ago. I am enjoying it equally as much as my TL3 and origin. So far I think it is becoming my new favorite and might be worth a shot for you.
I've already ordered and have 2 Curtis Valors on the way. Thanks though, good looking out. The Valor has the same tennon print so all my terminus barrels will fit it perfectly and headspace so, it was an easy choice. The terminus has the threaded trigger pins and and a slightly larger diameter bolt, but otherwise, they are identical in every way. They will be here next week too

Things must be getting bad if people are choosing Curtis over Terminus :ROFLMAO:
Terminus may be mia… but Curtis has the squirrels on three shifts chewing on bolts to get them out the door
1649305211554.jpeg

I’ll bite….

Joel is truly a nice person IMO trying to meet high demands. Issues arise when he make statements or fails to meet commitments. Customer confidence falls. Ive read many of the drama threads about Curtis vs Terminus and issues with the Vector (0.750” bolt vs 0.725” bolt, bolt shroud tab failures, etc).

If there are current issues with the Valor I haven’t seen any of significance. Im not saying they dont exist. Hell Zermatt Big Horn has issues too, but Ive read where they go above and beyond to service customers.

It was simple for me. If Joel cannot sell me an action within the stated timeline or revised timeline or revised, revised timeline then what service should I expect? Seeing how I have no first hand experiences with the use of either product, Ill try the one I can buy and “seemingly” get service if the need arises. If its a turd, then i will send it back and deal with that drama. Drama in the back end is better than drama and endless delays on the front end.

No doubt Terminus has top tier products. Ive handles the Apollo Lite and it was a pretty nice action. Didn’t shoot it as I was helping a buddy fix his stock.

Let me be clear, I enjoy talking with Joel. He seems very sincere and is trying hard. I mean no disrespect. If/when he catches up Im not opposed to buying from him again.

Hopefully Curtis has evolved some in the past 2 years since Vector issues. Supposedly they have upgraded tooling and replaced machines to improve tolerance repeatability …time will tell.

I’ll bite….

Joel is truly a nice person IMO trying to meet high demands. Issues arise when he make statements or fails to meet commitments. Customer confidence falls. Ive read many of the drama threads about Curtis vs Terminus and issues with the Vector (0.750” bolt vs 0.725” bolt, bolt shroud tab failures, etc).

If there are current issues with the Valor I haven’t seen any of significance. Im not saying they dont exist. Hell Zermatt Big Horn has issues too, but Ive read where they go above and beyond to service customers.

It was simple for me. If Joel cannot sell me an action within the stated timeline or revised timeline or revised, revised timeline then what service should I expect? Seeing how I have no first hand experiences with the use of either product, Ill try the one I can buy and “seemingly” get service if the need arises. If its a turd, then i will send it back and deal with that drama. Drama in the back end is better than drama and endless delays on the front end.

No doubt Terminus has top tier products. Ive handles the Apollo Lite and it was a pretty nice action. Didn’t shoot it as I was helping a buddy fix his stock.

Let me be clear, I enjoy talking with Joel. He seems very sincere and is trying hard. I mean no disrespect. If/when he catches up Im not opposed to buying from him again.

Hopefully Curtis has evolved some in the past 2 years since Vector issues. Supposedly they have upgraded tooling and replaced machines to improve tolerance repeatability …time will tell.
I also find joel to be a likable guy and the product he makes is very good. I have enjoyed talking with joel several times and hes always been polite and very fair with me. That said, if I can't get a straight answer and I keep getting the run around before I even am shooting the action, what am I to expect if I do have an issue down the road? When would i actually get a bolt if i had continued to wait? After being told "2-3 weeks" for months on end, theres just no way to be sure of anything. I didn't want to be in the same place another 2 or 3 months down the road. That doesn't even consider just being tired of waiting.

I was told very good things about the Valor by someone who is in a position to know, I won't say who but he's well known here. Also, the Valor is identical to the Zeus in all features, with exception to the trigger pins and bolt diameter, so I'm not sure how design wise, there could be an issue, not to mention other major players who use this action. If there is an issue, then I think the dealer I purchased through will take care of it so I'm just not worried about that. Also, I can use the 3 barrels I have with the Valor, which obviously was a big factor given the money that is in those 3 barrels.

Does anyone have a specific first hand issue with a Valor action that wasn't addressed or something?

It seems like everyone acknowledges that Joel has implemented some great ideas, innovation and quality in to the products. People are even willing to wait a reasonable amount of time. Even beyond reasonable, if there were better communication.

People have been patient and willing to give Joel more leeway because of all the others here who are standing up for him as a great guy. That goes a long way and I'm sure he's not willing to rush things out the door if they don't meet his quality standards. That speaks a lot about him as a manufacturer and his pride in his product, but even the worlds best maker needs to have happy customers to stay in business.

When a vendor goes dark or is hard to reach then it reduces the buyer's confidence. These aren't cheap items and people want to know that someone will be available to stand behind the product afterwards.

Communication is probably the biggest thing that makes or breaks a relationship between client/consumer and a brand. There's nothing that will upset a customer (or prospective customer) quicker than poor communication.

Hopefully Joel gets it sorted out.

Joel is a a nice person with great idea that designed a solid action. That stop here.

He’s a bad businessman. He has poor communication skill and he’s not straight forward with people. He tells you 4 weeks and it’s 8 months, he ships to dealers when he wants and don’t forget… I’m still waiting for my November order 😂

The issue is not only with Terminus it’s with all the industry. If they could stop making Instagram ,Facebook shit and false promises. ,Just concentrate on meeting the demand and manage their dealers properly.

Joel is a a nice person with great idea that designed a solid action. That stop here.

He’s a bad businessman. He has poor communication skill and he’s not straight forward with people. He tells you 4 weeks and it’s 8 months, he ships to dealers when he wants and don’t forget… I’m still waiting for my November order 😂

The issue is not only with Terminus it’s with all the industry. If they could stop making Instagram ,Facebook shit and false promises. ,Just concentrate on meeting the demand and manage their dealers properly.
I do agree with you, but it's not even just this industry. (Though this industry has a disproportionate amount of folks who don't know how to schedule, manage inventory, and just generally do things one at the time). It's all over in all industries , where there's major issues with flow of materials and labor to boot. I will say that this industry has a significant problem giving realistic timeliness. I understand not wanting to turn down business, but I literally do it at least once a week and sometimes more than once per day, and it's big money I'm turning down too, not hundreds or even a few grand. It sucks, and it hurts, but its also honest. I've found that people will basically deal with whatever the situation IF.... you talk to them about it and tell them the truth. No one likes being jerked around!

Last edited:
I do agree with you, but it's not even just this industry. (Though this industry has a disproportionate amount of folks who don't know how to schedule, manage inventory, and just generally do things one at the time). It's all over in all industries , where there's major issues with flow of materials and labor to boot. I will say that this industry has a significant problem giving realistic timeliness. I understand not wanting to turn down business, but I literally do it at least once a week and sometimes more than once per day, and it's big money I'm turning down too, not hundreds or even a few grand. It sucks, and it hurts, but I also honest. I've found that people will basically deal with whatever the situation IF.... you talk to them about it and tell them the truth. No one likes being jerked around!
Amen

I do agree with you, but it's not even just this industry. (Though this industry has a disproportionate amount of folks who don't know how to schedule, manage inventory, and just generally do things one at the time). It's all over in all industries , where there's major issues with flow of materials and labor to boot. I will say that this industry has a significant problem giving realistic timeliness. I understand not wanting to turn down business, but I literally do it at least once a week and sometimes more than once per day, and it's big money I'm turning down too, not hundreds or even a few grand. It sucks, and it hurts, but I also honest. I've found that people will basically deal with whatever the situation IF.... you talk to them about it and tell them the truth. No one likes being jerked around!
Winner, winner...chicken dinner!