• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Terminus vs Curtis Quick Change

I am looking at trigger techs website, and some of the triggers have the option of getting a bolt release or not getting one. Does it matter if I get a diamond with bolt release? Would it still work with the zues action?
I have this set-up. It's redundant but it works fine. Acquired a trigger with the bolt release for peanuts; hence why I used, and like you, did not want to pay for another trigger just because it had something extra I didn't need.

Last edited:
I am looking at putting together a rifle using the terminus zues action. I have a few questions, as far as triggers go I want to use a trigger tech. Would I get the trigger with or without bolt release? I believe the zues has a side bolt release?

Also, I am looking at running the long action but getting another bolt with 308 bolt face to run SA cartridges as well. Has anyone here attempted that? If so, what bottom metal and magazines would I need to be able to do that?
Doing the same for a .284 Shehane/KMR Improved build with long 180 Berger VLDs that would not accommodate anything larger than 160gr pills on the Zeus SA. You can use 10 round AI or Wyatt mags, single or double stack, depending on your bottom metal (Hawkins M5, Wyatt's, etc) and what chassis/stock you use.

Reactions: Cagey-platpus
Doing the same for a .284 Shehane/KMR Improved build with long 180 Berger VLDs that would not accommodate anything larger than 160gr pills on the Zeus SA. You can use 10 round AI or Wyatt mags, single or double stack, depending on your bottom metal (Hawkins M5, Wyatt's, etc) and what chassis/stock you use.
And if I switch barrel to a short action do I use a different magazine between SA and LA? For example I want a 7 prc barrel and a 6 creedmoor barrel. In order to shoot both I would change the barrel and the bolt but I was not sure what magazines would allow me to do that.

You'll need to continue to use long action mags and will probably have feeding issues.

Best to have a separate Long and short action

The video on post 48 , it's from Barbour creek and there is a longer video on YouTube where he demonstrates changing barrels and magazines to feed short action cartridges in the long action. I think he says he is using Hawkins precision bottom metal but not sure on the magazines.

And if I switch barrel to a short action do I use a different magazine between SA and LA? For example I want a 7 prc barrel and a 6 creedmoor barrel. In order to shoot both I would change the barrel and the bolt but I was not sure what magazines would allow me to do that.

Like @midwestoffroad said, you will have to keep using mags for your long action. However, you can purchase more of the same mags and bend the feed lips in using a tool linked below to make it work with some patience. I assume you are having Joel make you a quick change version long action Zeus.

You will need to run Accurate Mags 300WM CIP (3.850) length mags for 7mm PRC and their 308 long action Mags in the CIP (3.850) length when you change the barrel and bolt or bolt head for 308 use.

With any PRC 30 or 7mm rounds, you will want to use an action and stock/chassis that will accept the CIP 3.850 inch length magazines to fit these longer cartridge over overall length (COAL) rounds.

Also, MPA makes a feed lip adjustment tool as well. I have one and it work grate on adjust the feed lips on any metal magazines.

Reactions: Cagey-platpus
You will need to run Accurate Mags 300WM CIP (3.850) length mags for 7mm PRC and their 308 long action Mags in the CIP (3.850) length when you change the barrel and bolt or bolt head for 308 use.

With any PRC 30 or 7mm rounds, you will want to use an action and stock/chassis that will accept the CIP 3.850 inch length magazines to fit these longer cartridge over overall length (COAL) rounds.

Also, MPA makes a feed lip adjustment tool as well. I have one and it work grate on adjust the feed lips on any metal magazines.

Yes, these will work. The Accurate ones only have 5 round capacity where the AI ones have 10 round capacity.

Accuracy International AICS .300 Win Mag 10-Round Magazine 4368

Yes, these will work. The Accurate ones only have 5 round capacity where the AI ones have 10 round capacity.

Accuracy International AICS .300 Win Mag 10-Round Magazine 4368
Would these mags work with Hawkins precision bottom metal or would I be better off getting the accurate mag bottom metal? That's awesome that they make long 308 mags that fit long action! I appreciate all the information.

Would these mags work with Hawkins precision bottom metal or would I be better off getting the accurate mag bottom metal? That's awesome that they make long 308 mags that fit long action! I appreciate all the information.
I cannot speak to Accurate bottom metal but Hawkins Precision has a good video on the topic:

and....

As you have not stated what chassis/stock set-up you are going with, you would be wise to call Hawkins Precision up and tell them exactly what mag you want to use and they will make a recommendation based on your given information. American Precision Arms also makes and a call to them might help:

I run this PTG bottom metal with the 5-round 3.850" CIP AI mags with no issues:

This bottom metal below is for the 5 or 10-round 3.715" 300WM AI mags from MileHigh or EuroOptic I listed in the previous post:

Others here on the forum scoff at the length of the long single stack 10-round AI mag. Pay CLOSE attention to mag lengths/widths/sizes as AI has like three different sizes of mags for the SAME cartridge depending on SAAMI or CIP standards (got burned on this point and then got wise real fast once a few hundred got spent on mags I could not return [were gifts] or use).

Last edited:
What are the blocks used in the long actions magazines in the video on post 48? Does anyone know?

What are the blocks used in the long actions magazines in the video on post 48? Does anyone know?
They are there because it’s a short action cartridge in a long action your have to fill up the space so it feeds reliably and doesn’t have a hick up that’s why the blocks are in the magazine

They are there because it’s a short action cartridge in a long action your have to fill up the space so it feeds reliably and doesn’t have a hick up that’s why the blocks are in the magazine
Thanks, I should have been more clear...who makes them?

I made a separate post on this but are there any QC barrel options in the 16-18” range? Everything I’m finding is 22”+