• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Terminus Zeus Build?

jpistolero02

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2008
Austin, TX
I have that itch to build a new rifle. I was eyeing the Terminus Zeus or Lone Peak for the action. I want this to be chambered in 6BR. I was looking at the quick change feature on the Zeus for possibly switching to different calibers as needed. This would primarily be used for hunting and plinking, so I would prefer some sort of chassis that doesn’t weigh 20lbs. Any overall thoughts on the QC Zeus? Any suggestions for a lighter weight chassis that would be plug and play?

I have an Impact (similar to the Lone Peak from what I understand) in 6BR and it is an awesome rifle. Very accurate and the 90 degree bolt actions are all very light. The only issue with that is being 90 degree my big ole hands sometimes catch the scope when I manipulate the bolt (something I am learning to work around and certainly not a big deal).

I am about to build a new rifle and plan to use the Terminus Zeus with ZC feature. I was cagey about the QC because in my mind the barrel wouldn't be "tight" (only hand tight) and that may have a negative impact on holding zero but folks I know that have them have confirmed this is not the case. it does what it says on the tin:

Loosen grub screws > remove barrel (only hand tightened) > whatever > reinstall barrel (hand tighten) > tighten grub screws > shoot gun / hit target!

One thing I learned was that you can fit a regular fully threaded prefit for a Zeus onto a QC action and torque it on (like the non QC) if you wanted to (not sure why you'd want to but its good to know you could).

Both brands can use prefits so thats a wash. I dont think you can fail with either and it really comes down to personal choice.

For stocks I have an MDT ACC & will be going with a KRG Bravo / enclosed forend combo this time. I wanted something lighter (my ACC is a tank with 1.25" 28" barrel / weights etc) and I like the look of the Bravo / enclosed forend combo (plan to paint it too after seeing some of the great looking rifles on the KRG Bravo thread here on the Hide).

For ultralight / hunting the MDT HNT26 is the leader right now. Manners stocks might be worth a look too. I have an itch for one that may have to get scratched at some point. Lots of good offerings out there.

I have that itch to build a new rifle. I was eyeing the Terminus Zeus or Lone Peak for the action. I want this to be chambered in 6BR. I was looking at the quick change feature on the Zeus for possibly switching to different calibers as needed. This would primarily be used for hunting and plinking, so I would prefer some sort of chassis that doesn’t weigh 20lbs. Any overall thoughts on the QC Zeus? Any suggestions for a lighter weight chassis that would be plug and play?
I own a Zeus and use it to shoot 6BR. I haven't been able to get AIAW magazines with the HRD kit to feed reliably but have been able to get the AICS and Primal Rights kit to feed reliably (but only for long for caliber bullets). I love the action and own two. I love the quick change feature and think it is great.

For a lightweight chassis you might want to look at the XLR Element Magnesium 4.0 or MDT HNT chassis. I own 2 XLR chassis but if starting over from scratch I would go with the MDT because it is lighter (but more expensive).