• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Terminus Zeus feeding issue

Raufoss

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2010
Missouri
I need help,

I’m having issues with feeding with my Zeus and MDT 12 BR mags.

I’ve read a bunch of thread and I understand it’s common with BR/Dasher in 3 lug like the Curtis and Terminus.

I’ve tried everything and I’m loosing patience. Opening the front lips, flaring the front , closing the back , opening everything and It’s still not 100%.

20-30% of the time the bullet just hit the breech…

I don’t want to go buy a bunch of mags to test it out and be stuck with the same issue..

Anyone running the 12 rounds MDT BR mags 100% with a Zeus? What’s the trick?

What stock or chassis you running? I have flawless feeding with my 10rd br mags with the primal rights kit and 85% success in AW’s. Your magazine may be too high

I had the same issue with my 10 rounders for my BR. I removed a little material from my mag catch on the chassis so the cartridge would sit lower. Now the case can get on the ramp and have a nose up attitude. My 12 rounder didn't have the problem.

That’s what I would recommend as well, is shaving down the mag latch a little bit

The envy pro has an adjustable mag latch that I've found really helpful in getting rounds to feed. At least the newer ones do.

Reactions: Lightning8
I had the same issue with my 10 rounders for my BR. I removed a little material from my mag catch on the chassis so the cartridge would sit lower. Now the case can get on the ramp and have a nose up attitude. My 12 rounder didn't have the problem.

That’s what I would recommend as well, is shaving down the mag latch a little bit

I’m already quite low. If the mag was higher I’d block the bolt. The lips on the 12 rounds are high and the plastic spacer on the back would interfere.

You’d guys think I should be lower? Wish I’d have the adjustable latch on my XLR

I had to do that with my manners to run Aw mags and in turn made my AICS mags sit better.

Reactions: Raufoss
I need help,

I’m having issues with feeding with my Zeus and MDT 12 BR mags.

I’ve read a bunch of thread and I understand it’s common with BR/Dasher in 3 lug like the Curtis and Terminus.

I’ve tried everything and I’m loosing patience. Opening the front lips, flaring the front , closing the back , opening everything and It’s still not 100%.

20-30% of the time the bullet just hit the breech…

I don’t want to go buy a bunch of mags to test it out and be stuck with the same issue..

Anyone running the 12 rounds MDT BR mags 100% with a Zeus? What’s the trick?

Apologies for the possible thread hijack, but just chiming in to say I am having exactly the same problem with a Curtis Custom Valour action in 6 Dasher. Thought it was relevant since its a very similar action to the OP.

Using MDT 12 round mags with the action in an MDT ACC chassis, and feeding is very unreliable. The best feeding so far is with ELD-m bullets, but that is relative as feeding is still poor. Any non-tipped bullet like a Berger hangs up totally. Seems like the meplat on a non tipped bullet hits the shoulder in the barrel for the bolt lockup. I can mostly get past that with a tipped bullet, but then the cartridge gets a little further and nose dives most of the time. Cant run it fast, but if running the bolt slow, the cartridge will chamber some of the time.

I did borrow an AI double stack magazine fitted with a HRD mag kit and feeding was better than 90% with that mag. But I found it was very difficult to get the case to feed from the magazine, like the spring was way too strong. Even with the magazine almost empty, the bolt didnt want to budge when I tried to feed a fresh round. I had to ram the bolt home to get the case to feed. So not much fun shooting off a barricade, etc as the rifle just about falls off.

So my buddy is going through this currently, he has a new 6br from MPA that has the 3lug Curtis Axiom in an MPA chassis.. The factory supplied magazine is an Accurate Mag (10rd) and feeds like butter.

My 12rd MDTs WILL NOT feed at all.

Today we put a 12rd MDT follower kit in a new AI mag that fed fine but we did have to shave down the sides of the follower to fit properly. It would not slide freely to the empty position in the magazine but once shaved down it was good.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: Raufoss
Fwiw MDT’s website states the 12rd mags may or may not work with Curtis/terminus actions too.

I just received the new 4 rib 6BR MDT mags that will hit the shelves soon.

Initial test are really conclusive.