• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Terminus Zeus MDT ESS full length rail compatibility

Screach

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2017
Portland, OR
Ive got a Terminus Zeus QC that I’m going to be placing in an MDT ESS in the next month. I would like to run the full length rail but I’m not sure how the integrated 20 moa rail on the Zeus will match up with the fore end rail. Anyone have any experience with this?

I called MDT a few weeks back and asked a few questions, including this one, and they stated that as long as it’s a 20 moa rail it should be fine. I’m just worried that the height of the integrated rail will not be compatible.

Thanks guys!

I doubt the integral rail will be the same height as the rail on the full length ESS handguard. I have a couple rifles in ESS with the full length railed handguard but for them to match the action's rail height, you need to use the MDT "high" scope rail, which is only made for a few actions.

Reactions: Screach
I doubt the integral rail will be the same height as the rail on the full length ESS handguard. I have a couple rifles in ESS with the full length railed handguard but for them to match the action's rail height, you need to use the MDT "high" scope rail, which is only made for a few actions.
That was my concern. I doubt the Terminus integral rail is the equivalent of a “high” rail from MDT

In for the interest... Was this ever definitively answered?

No, I never did find out the answer. After talking to MDT they basically stated that I needed to use their high base in order to make sure it would work. I ended up going with an AIAX chassis so I never rand that down to the ground. I do however have the Zeus action and can make any measurements needed to verify if it would indeed line up if someone has the chassis on hand and can measure it out.

Reactions: Milf Dots
Similar question, but on a Zeus SA quick change and an ESS Chassis with the fore end, would I be able to access the allen bits to change the barrel?

Similar question, but on a Zeus SA quick change and an ESS Chassis with the fore end, would I be able to access the allen bits to change the barrel?
Sorry for the late response. From what I can see you won’t be able to. However, a small drill bit would solve that issue and would probably be unnoticeable to most.

Also, the ESS forend is only held in place by two screws so it shouldn’t be too hard to slide the forend forward to access the barrel screws when changing the barrel.

I had to add holes for screws in mine

Attachments

• IMG_3776.jpeg
    IMG_3776.jpeg
    260.3 KB · Views: 48
Once you colour the bare aluminum it’s barely noticeable. Trick is to get the hole placement just right so you can use a smaller drill size