• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Terminus zeus QC w/ long action magnum cartridges

wade2big

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2017
TEXAS
Has anyone used a long action Terminus Zues using the quick change barrel feature with magnum cartridges?

Yep, got a VCC contour 7 Mag barrel, #3 7 PRC barrel and M24 300 rum barrel for mine. I've only been able to shoot the 7 Mag and 300 Rum and the action handles both easily. Had to play with MDT mags to find some that work with each caliber, but once I did, no issues. Waiting on 7 PRC dies and brass to hit the market to try that one out. Both the 7 Mag and 300 Rum barrels lock up as they should and return to zero when removed. Makes for easy cleaning too.

Reactions: Earnhardt
Yep, got a VCC contour 7 Mag barrel, #3 7 PRC barrel and M24 300 rum barrel for mine. I've only been able to shoot the 7 Mag and 300 Rum and the action handles both easily. Had to play with MDT mags to find some that work with each caliber, but once I did, no issues. Waiting on 7 PRC dies and brass to hit the market to try that one out. Both the 7 Mag and 300 Rum barrels lock up as they should and return to zero when removed. Makes for easy cleaning too.
When re-installing barrels, do you find they repeat perfectly or just close?

Building one with a .375/.338 Lapua magnum improved barrel and a carbon wrapped 7LRM barrel. It will be based on a CIP Long Action.

Waiting for the action and the 7mm tube to come in before I send off for install. Hopefully I can chime in when it is done.

I have only run a 300 Norma on the full thread. Waiting on a LA QC. Then I will be running a 25 prc, 6.5-7prc and maybe a larger caliber like a 300RUM. I have done a lot of research and spoke to Joel. I have not heard of anyone having issues with any magnum cartridges. If @Axel314 can run a 33XC on one then I don’t think there would be any issues.

Reactions: Axel314
I have only run a 300 Norma on the full thread. Waiting on a LA QC. Then I will be running a 25 prc, 6.5-7prc and maybe a larger caliber like a 300RUM. I have done a lot of research and spoke to Joel. I have not heard of anyone having issues with any magnum cartridges. If @Axel314 can run a 33XC on one then I don’t think there would be any issues.
No issues at all. I did a 1.350 shank and hand snaped it tight. Never come loose. Buddy runs a 300 norma same way with 1.250 shank and zero issues

Reactions: mullmann
A lot of people argue about thread tenon size, but I think the key is having a barrel shank that fits the action like a 1.250 or 1.3.

A lot of people argue about thread tenon size, but I think the key is having a barrel shank that fits the action like a 1.250 or 1.3.
I agree. Joel will tell u theres plenty of threads. And i agree.