• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Terrapin X vs Leica 2800.com with Kestrel AB

Jlcichocki

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2019
Wisconsin
I have been following the Leica~Kestrel thread and love the target card feature. Seems like a game changer function. I know the Terrapin talks to the Kestrel but it doesn’t appear to have the target card ability. Is this correct?

I don’t own either RF....yet. I am aware of Terrapin’s bad history. I know Terrapin costs more. By reports, it sounds like Terrapin may have better performance. IF, functions were all the same (I’m mostly speaking of the target card) is the Terrapin the best range finder?

Thx!

I have been following the Leica~Kestrel thread and love the target card feature. Seems like a game changer function. I know the Terrapin talks to the Kestrel but it doesn’t appear to have the target card ability. Is this correct?

I don’t own either RF....yet. I am aware of Terrapin’s bad history. I know Terrapin costs more. By reports, it sounds like Terrapin may have better performance. IF, functions were all the same (I’m mostly speaking of the target card) is the Terrapin the best range finder?

Thx!
Terrapin dose not have an internal target card function, however if you are using the kestrel you can create a target while using a connected kestrel. It must be done manually in the kestrel. Laser target A then B etc. then scroll down to the target card in the kestrel and it will all be listed. Direction of fire and distance..

Last edited:
Terrapin dose not have an internal target card function, however if you are using the kestrel you can create a target while using a connected kestrel. It must be done manually in the kestrel. Laser target A then B etc. then scroll down to the target card in the kestrel and it will all be listed. Direction of fire and distance..
This is the same on the Leica, target A,laze, target b laze, etc.