• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Terrapin X?

HotrRod308

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2008
Texas
Close to pulling the trigger and have read reviews till I’m blue in the face!!
Any last minute advice from actual users?
After seeing all the used one for sale, it’s giving me cold feet..

Love mine! Ranged out to 2267 yds with it this morning. For a commercial 905 nm laser it does a very good job. The only issue I have is the bluetooth to my Kestrel can be buggy but is easily fixed on the fly.

Love mine! Ranged out to 2267 yds with it this morning. For a commercial 905 nm laser it does a very good job. The only issue I have is the bluetooth to my Kestrel can be buggy but is easily fixed on the fly.
My biggest complaint is the one button. I wish there was a separate fire button and menu button

Reactions: Jgunner and 96C
Thanks guys for the feed back!!

How does it do on small steel?

For example, I have an 8” round plate at 800

I'll second the one button complaint. It also takes a few seconds to reset before you can range again. That being said, I don't regret buying it one bit.

Reactions: Jgunner
You can, however, hold the button down and it will keep firing / scan the target location and continuously give you the range.

Reactions: Jgunner
Thanks guys for the feed back!!

How does it do on small steel?

For example, I have an 8” round plate at 800
Mine has no issue with small plates out to 1300. I have 8, 10, 12, out to 965, at 1080 and 1300 the smallest is 10 on up to car door...lol

Mine has no issue with small plates out to 1300. I have 8, 10, 12, out to 965, at 1080 and 1300 the smallest is 10 on up to car door...lol
This is what I was looking for. Thanks for the feedback!

One button is doodoo, but it works better than the rest. Buy used on here and save $500. Wish i had.

Is the beam centered?

That’s my only complaint on the Vortex Fury ABs.

I’ve “mapped” it but it lives the lower left quadrant of the reticle

Bluetooth isn't that great, one button operation seems to give up a lot. Nice glass, seems to be really accurate ranging. If I were to do it again I'd just get dedicated binofinders. Not sure where monocular-style rangefinders fit in in 2022

So, after about 500 rounds down range on steel from 3” plates at 300 to 8” plates at 800 and 66% IPSC out to 1100 yards the Terrapin has been flawless.

I have had no issues bluetoothing to the Kestrel, other than the little hassle when it goes to sleep and you have to reconnect.
The glass in the X is pretty awesome.. it is much better that my old Swarovski 8x30..

So far I am 100% satisfied!

I mounted it on the Busnell and married the circle in the rangefinder to the crosshairs in the spotter…. Awesome little combo!

I even had Santa do a little spotting.

Attachments

• A5C6E72A-89C1-43E6-B006-335BAD1AD77E.jpeg
    A5C6E72A-89C1-43E6-B006-335BAD1AD77E.jpeg
    535.1 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: Criver600
I had one, good RF. Beam alignment close but not perfect. Good glass. Button a bit difficult for me to operate in cold weather and good gloves. decided I want imbedded software instead of BT to another device. Just too slow working between devices when hunting. Used it in AK this year, got it done but realistically for hunting a dope card on the side of my rifle was better than trying to BT when seconds are all you have.