• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spotters Terrible experience: Athlon Ares G2 UHD with 22x MRAD

K2e2vin

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2014
I'm not sure how many people are running this setup, but I cannot for the life of me get this thing to work. FIrst issue was when I tried installing the eyepiece, it twisted the little piece/o-ring on the spotter. Sent that back and got a replacement spotter; 22x eyepiece wouldn't even go on there so sent the eyepiece back for them to check out. Just threw the replacement eyepiece on there and now it is STUCK on there! This is getting ridiculous. I just bought a Cronus scope, had a Helos prior, and kind of regret supporting them now. This thing is TRASH!

Doesn't sound good I've been looking at that since they discontinued the cronus with reticle

Doesn't sound good I've been looking at that since they discontinued the cronus with reticle
That was exactly my situation. I wanted the Cronus Tactical but settled on this Ares. I considered LMSS2 but I didn't like the busy reticle for double duty.

I thought about the bushnell t series but it sucks and I'm not paying extra for a luepy with horus and the tmr doesn't show small enough increments. Burris or vortex I guess it is in my budget

I thought about the bushnell t series but it sucks and I'm not paying extra for a luepy with horus and the tmr doesn't show small enough increments. Burris or vortex I guess it is in my budget
My buddy has the Bushnell T. The reticle works pretty well but yeah, the glass on that kind of sucks. I've considered the Tract Toric also but those are fixed power. If Leupold had a simple MRAD reticle for their GR line, that would be about perfect. But yeah this Ares is probably going back again and I'll probably just eat the cost of the MRAD eyepiece. It works completely fine otherwise.