• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TERRORISTS ARE IN MY TOWN! Associated Press.

The Mechanic

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 9, 2006
San Diego County Ca.
A but load of terrorist just nabbed in my little corner of heaven about an hour ago. Busted with IED's, weapons, tons of drugs, hand grenades, and over a half million dollars in cash. Mexican drug cartels supplying terror cells. What next?
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/arti...483afe877bf1d56
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Feds bust Iraqi-Mexican drug operation in US

By JULIE WATSON, Associated Press – 42 minutes ago

SAN DIEGO (AP) — Federal officials said Thursday they've taken down a drug and weapons trafficking ring involving members of San Diego's Iraqi community and a major Mexican drug cartel that was caught selling large amounts of drugs, guns and grenades.

Police in El Cajon said more than 60 suspects linked to the Chaldean Organized Crime Syndicate were arrested.

Smugglers were shipping drugs from El Cajon to Iraqis in Detroit, where the Chaldean syndicate is based, authorities said.

El Cajon and federal police say they have seized 18 pounds (8 kilograms) of methamphetamine, narcotics, cocaine and other drugs; more than 3,500 pounds (1,600 kilograms) of marijuana; $630,000 in cash; four IEDs; and more than 30 guns, including assault rifles.

In April, a Drug Enforcement Agency undercover agent was shown a hand grenade by an immigrant and was told additional grenades were available from a Mexican military source.

The cartel, Sinaloa, is Mexico's most powerful drug cartel, led by Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, who has become one of the world's richest and most-wanted men since he escaped from a Mexican prison 10 years ago.

The investigation focused on an Iraqi social club in El Cajon that authorities said is a hub of criminal activity conducted by Iraqi organized crime. Crimes including attempted murder, sales of meth and marijuana, gambling and illegal firearms sales have been reported at the club.

El Cajon police have for years received complaints from neighbors and the wives of men who attended the club. The managers of the club are aware of the criminal activity and demand a cut of the money, according to authorities. Armed guards are allegedly provided during high-states card games.

The club's troubles go back more than a decade. In 1998, police seized illegal slot machines. In 2007, it was identified as a gathering spot for Iraqi narcotics distributors. In 2009, authorities started investigating the illegal sale of firearms and possession of hand grenades.

Four indictments were unsealed Thursday charging nine people with federal narcotics and weapons trafficking charges and the unlawful possession of various firearms and explosives. One of the suspects, Nofel Noel Suleyman, was also charged with engaging in a continuing criminal enterprise, which carries a mandatory minimum sentence of 20 years in prison.

Under Guzman, Sinaloa grew bloodier and more powerful, controlling cocaine trafficking on the Mexican border with California, while expanding eastward to the corridor between Sonora and Arizona and waging a fierce battle for Chihuahua state bordering Texas. That war made the border city of Ciudad Juarez one of the world's most dangerous cities.

In October 2010, Mexico made its largest marijuana bust — 134 tons — in Tijuana and said markings on the packages linked the haul to El Chapo, showing that he was also running drugs smoothly through a city once controlled by his archrivals, the Arrellano Felix gang.

Copyright © 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
Related articles

Feds Bust Iraqi-Mexican Drug Operation In Calif.
NPR - 4 minutes ago
Feds bust Iraqi-Mexican drug operation in Calif.
Forbes - 16 minutes ago
Feds stop Iraqi-Mexican drug operation in Calif.
CBS News - 23 minutes ago
More coverage (1) »

</div></div>

Re: TERRORISTS ARE IN MY TOWN! Associated Press.

None of this surprises me in the least. I've said for years that I'm rather surprised the U.S. hasn't been victimized by such terrorist acts that we see and hear happening in other countries.

Be watchful out there buddy!

Only makes sense that groups with a common enemy would join forces. There will be more of this.

Something I forgot to add was, if this group was caught, how many others have we not found yet and are waiting to strike? I'm not trying to be a fearmonger but if our government doesn't start taking border security very seriously, innocent lives will be lost as a result of the negligence.

The thing that has me thinking is we are coming up on 9/11 ten year anniversary. What do they have planned?

Blame the US government. This is exactly what they wanted. To create cartels and terrorist organizations so that they could the "fight" them.

I mean, come on, we already went through proghibition and saw that it creates violent cartels. So knowing that is what will happen beforehand, instituting a second prohibition can only be because they WANT to create such organizations again.

I go by the "Iraqi Social Club" on my way home. They always have lookouts on the streets. http://maps.google.com/maps/place?q=social+club+in+El+Cajon&cid=14159197515453693652
Funny thing is the only entry they have on google says this.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good Food Grimey Location I walked in this place, its hidden in a old brown building with many doors so theres no signs. It was a dark alley but when you go in its unbelievable. Place is like an underground card game. Gamblers playing poker, men shooting dice, no menu at all you tell them what you want. Not a family place. </div></div>

Could they be any more blatant than this? Not looking forward to next month. makes me wonder if the "menu" includes C4 and hand grenades.

That was the first report. I did a copy and paste, and did not edit a single thing. Don't know if it has changed since the first post I did. The Chaldean community is a very tight knit (read Arab only) group here. Maybe that is just there cover story. Who knows. One thing for sure is working IED's, hand grenades, explosives and stuff gets the nerves on edge.
Local paper even gives the address
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/aug/18/60-arrested-el-cajon-chaldean-organized-crime-case/

Yeah, posing as Christians and driven from a homeland they occupied since before written history makes a hellova cover story.

Technically the chaldeans are assyrian and pre-date the arab peoples.

But the stick together aspect is nothing new as anyone familiar with Chinatown, little Italy, the Bowery, or the south side of chicago knows newly transplanted tend to form enclaves in major cities.

The original report that is cited sure seems bent on making this all sound so sinister. IEDs covers alot of sin, from the booby traps north cali hippies made to protect their pot fields from their fellow hippies to 4 155 shells det-corded together and wired to a cell phone.

Would be worth a minute of pause before getting all on edge to see just what is being called an IED.

Steady in the line, wait on it

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: notquiteright</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, posing as Christians and driven from a homeland they occupied since before written history makes a hellova cover story.

Technically the chaldeans are assyrian and pre-date the arab peoples.

But the stick together aspect is nothing new as anyone familiar with Chinatown, little Italy, the Bowery, or the south side of chicago knows newly transplanted tend to form enclaves in major cities.

The original report that is cited sure seems bent on making this all sound so sinister. IEDs covers alot of sin, from the booby traps north cali hippies made to protect their pot fields from their fellow hippies to 4 155 shells det-corded together and wired to a cell phone.

Would be worth a minute of pause before getting all on edge to see just what is being called an IED.

Steady in the line, wait on it</div></div>
How long should I wait on hand grenades?

The report I read didn't sound any more sinister than people arming foreign gangsters in our country can sound.

And I wouldn't wait very long on a grenade. You can thank me later.

Veer...Godwin's Law already?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Veer...Godwin's Law already? </div></div>

Why you draggin' me into this one? I ain't said <span style="font-style: italic">nuthin'.</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The thing that has me thinking is we are coming up on 9/11 ten year anniversary. What do they have planned? </div></div>

Whatever it is..I'll be up in elk camp away from the tv and news... so they are welcome to come help me find that HUGE monster trophy COW!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Veer...Godwin's Law already? </div></div>

Why you draggin' me into this one? I ain't said <span style="font-style: italic">nuthin'.</span> </div></div>

Thought you would have gotten a chuckle out of this.
grin.gif

Also, Mechanic, I'm sorry to hear about this increase in crime in your area. I hope all goes well for you.

Everyone in this thread mentioning politics or religions is getting banned.

What part of "No religous discussion or political posts" don't you understand?

Next time, it's going to be a LOT longer.