• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Teslong Bore Scope

GNAP

Private
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2019
Earlier this week, I received my Teslong bore scope, for my Rimfire rifles. I bough it off Amazon for about $50, it’s USB based, using the computers camera software/hardware, to see the pictures. I had it up and running, in about 5 minutes after arrival. Picture quality is very good, a series of angled mirrors allows, good side views as the .200” cable is moved down the bore.

I clearly saw the well defined lands and grooves in the RPRF and the Winchester Wildcat, I also saw the splotches and pock marks, close to the chamber on my 1951 Remington 510 TargetMaster, but great looking lands and grooves, in the majority of the barrel length. The Remington, was a estate sale purchase, it looked like it was run through a cement mixer, but after a good cleaning, it looks rough, but shoots great.

Someday, I hope I can understand, the true meaning of all of the sights I’m seeing on the computer screen, an interesting tool.

Last edited:
I’m currently waiting on a NTG450H with ridged probe. I wanted the one with the screen so I wouldn’t have to use a computer or phone. I bought it directly from Teslong, they are having a sale and shipping was free and no tax. Looking forward to receiving it.

I have the Teslong also and it’s a very useful tool. In addition to rifle bore inspection, I use it to inspect center fire cases for (future) case head separation. I can see the beginnings of the case thinning inside the case.

Add me to the list of non-professional Teslong users. No complaints especially considering the cost. And was surprised to see the conditions of the different barrels: Before, during and after cleaning

I’m currently waiting on a NTG450H with ridged probe. I wanted the one with the screen so I wouldn’t have to use a computer or phone. I bought it directly from Teslong, they are having a sale and shipping was free and no tax. Looking forward to receiving it.
I ordered the same item except I went with the flexible probe. Delivery is for today, but we all know how that goes or doesn't go. LOL

I’ve got one on the way. I got the iPhone compatible version. I’m curious to finally see what’s going on in there.

Most barrels, even quality ones, will look awful with close inspection.

I have one and use it to inspect a lot of different things. It is a nice camera for the money and the company supports its customers. I had an issue, rolled it up too many times, and the company fixed the problem.

Make sure to not roll it up all the time. They said it was a known issue and recommended I leave it hanging and since then I haven't had a problem.

Most barrels, even quality ones, will look awful with close inspection.

I have one and use it to inspect a lot of different things. It is a nice camera for the money and the company supports its customers. I had an issue, rolled it up too many times, and the company fixed the problem.

Make sure to not roll it up all the time. They said it was a known issue and recommended I leave it hanging and since then I haven't had a problem.
I have an older one that was going bad, (picture was breaking up with wide odd colored lines going top to bottom) and kept it rolled up loosely, and hung over a corner post of a wire rack shelving unit in my cave. My new one did arrive today, so we'll see how that little screen does for me in the near future.

I was somewhat disappointed in a couple aftermarket barrels I purchased new, but they are much much better than the factory Savage barrels. Now those Savage barrels are just "ruff" inside, but still shoot good.

You get what you pay for.

A word of advise, dont wrap up the fiber optic cable too tight i would say no tighter than 10" diameter loop. It is cheap and will break. The older models had a smaller case and Im guessing it was too small because i would curl it up so it barely fit and several went bad. They made the case significantly larger for the newer models.

Reactions: MonkTx
Just remember, it’s a tool that gives the average shooter information they never had before. Other than looking for specific things like carbon rings, gas port erosio, or qualitative differences between cleaning sessions, its use can be counterproductive. I had an AR pistol barrel that looked copper lined, I cleaned the hell out of it, shot it and it’s just as bad. It shoots well, so who cares what the inside looks like?

Reactions: Appalachian
It’s the carbon ring for me and to see how effective my cleaning over all is. I’ll try to not read too much into it.

Reactions: Boxerglocker
i got a flexible one when they first came out, and i do not store it coiled up (i think this was a weakness). so far so good.
while folks may try to judge barrels by how they look inside, i am no gunsmith and i just use it for a baseline to see if there is any visible difference if/when groups start opening up, and to see how clean or dirty it is.

Ordered one with the rod type probe. Though I'm a bit scared to look (closer) at my 1903 swedish Mauser :p

I have the flex probe with screen. I think I paid $100 and got $40 back for doing a review. Best lesson learned is a barrel doesn’t have to be perfect to shoot well. Very useful tool.

Reactions: tomcatfan
One of the best investments you can make to verify the condition of your barrel. I have the 26 inch rigid with dedicated screen.

Attachments

• 20210711_143558.jpg
    20210711_143558.jpg
    477.6 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Im scared to order one since i believe it will end up costing me a bunch of money replacing barrels that are still shooting just fine 🤣🤣🤣
Ignorance is bliss👍
That’s what I was saying, be careful with what you do with the info you get from these things. Most will say the best indicator is ”How does it shoot?”.

That’s what I was saying, be careful with what you do with the info you get from these things. Most will say the best indicator is ”How does it shoot?”.
My thoughts exactly but i recently got a time out by @Dthomas3523 for being an asshole so i am being a bit reserved, actually i was being a dumbass and it was totally earned on my part.
Rock on brother i am a reader not a disrupter 😁😁😁🤡

• Haha
Reactions: Dthomas3523
Just use mine to keep track of the carbon rings on rimfires. It will allow you to compare barrel quality if you look at enough of them. You can definitely see enough detail to assess how chambers and rifling vary. Also lets you know when things need cleaned...