• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Teslong Bore scope

MarkCZ

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2018
I am looking at a Teslong Bore scope. What is best 45" flexible or 26" ridge? Should I get screen set up or iPhone set up? What do you like?

Reactions: 338dude
I just this week switched to the one with the screen. I got sick of fighting connectivity on my phone. Ditto on the carbon ring. Both flexible- works fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: sparkyv and skyrep
I am looking at a Teslong Bore scope. What is best 45" flexible or 26" ridge? Should I get screen set up or iPhone set up? What do you like?
I’ve got the flexible and use it with an iPhone works just fine

early on, there may have been issues with the flexible version, and they released the rigid version, also recommending that the flexible one be stored extended (straight) if possible. they may have improved the product since then (a couple of years at least).
that said, i have had no issues with the original flexible version.
you can certainly ask them...

IMO unless you are going to try to lace it thru the ejection port of a semi-auto, why get the flexible as its harder to control. All IMO, of course! haha

I got one with screen. My buddy had one that displayed on a phone/pad and when he saw mine he went and bought the one with the screen. Take that for what its worth.

I have the flexible with phone setup. It's not a professional setup, but worth the cost. Plus it's fun to prove someone wrong when they swear that the barrel absolutely spotless

I have the flexible one, maybe 36" version with the small screen and works well for my purposes. Just push one button to turn the viewer unit one, use it, take pictures if desired it's SD card equipped. Use to hook it up to an old laptop, and you have to find the correct app that will work with that software version. It became a PITA to get it all synched up, so I got the "kit". I still use the old flexible shaft with the viewer at this time as it was compatible.

Got the rigid one, using with an android tablet. In the beginning (almost 2yrs ago) app was sketchy. They must have updated it because now it is simply plug in and go.
Yep, carbon rings
Screenshot_20220116-145501_OTG Camera.jpg

I like the flexible one that connects to USB, packs up smaller and I feel like it’s less likely to break. The one thing I wish I could control would be the exposure, doesn’t really matter what setting I run the LED light, the camera just automatically adjusts to the exact same picture. Too bright to see exactly what’s the center, so I have to shift it around to get the full story.

But for the price, not unhappy at all.

I have the flexible. Wish i got the rigid one. The screen is not as good of a picture as a phone or tablet but still wotks well

Got the rigid one, using with an android tablet. In the beginning (almost 2yrs ago) app was sketchy. They must have updated it because now it is simply plug in and go.
Yep, carbon rings
View attachment 7917946
I'm not sure I know what I'm looking at in this pic....Looks like you are looking down at the lead but I don't see a carbon ring...???

Is this the best pic quality using the app version? The dedicated controller/screen version captures pretty good quality pics

Reactions: usafa77
I'm not sure I know what I'm looking at in this pic....Looks like you are looking down at the lead but I don't see a carbon ring...???

Is this the best pic quality using the app version? The dedicated controller/screen version captures pretty good quality pics
As far as pic quality I have no other scopes/pictures to compare to. The Teslong has been well worth the price paid.
That is the area directly in front of the chamber on one of my rimfires. It should be perfectly smooth, the concrete splatter looking stuff is a carbon ring I let get out of control.

I have the 'older' model that has a flexible 36" optic cable that connects to a 36" USB cable which then plugs into my Laptop. I wouldn't get those with 'included screens' just paying extra if you already have a phone or laptop. Pics look way better on a large screen and the laptop software allows stills as well as vids. Mine's about 2-3 years old and the pics are excellent, like Jef's and sandhiller's vids. I sure wish my barrels looked like Jeff's Vudoo . . . and glad they don't look like sandhiller's, except my SKS does after 50 or so rounds. Rimfire shouldn't leave copper streaks but maybe copper-wash can do that? I don't use any so IDK.
Here's a pic of my Marlin-60 last summer. Maybe 1000 rounds thru it. Wish all my barrels looked as good. and had the 'Micro-groove'.
M-60 Rifling Still-2 7-12-21.jpg

I have the 'older' model that has a flexible 36" optic cable that connects to a 36" USB cable which then plugs into my Laptop. I wouldn't get those with 'included screens' just paying extra if you already have a phone or laptop. Pics look way better on a large screen and the laptop software allows stills as well as vids. Mine's about 2-3 years old and the pics are excellent, like Jef's and sandhiller's vids. I sure wish my barrels looked like Jeff's Vudoo . . . and glad they don't look like sandhiller's, except my SKS does after 50 or so rounds. Rimfire shouldn't leave copper streaks but maybe copper-wash can do that? I don't use any so IDK.
Here's a pic of my Marlin-60 last summer. Maybe 1000 rounds thru it. Wish all my barrels looked as good. and had the 'Micro-groove'.
View attachment 7918758
What program are you using to view the camera feed?

KN256 - On mine I'm using the "Camera" app in Microsoft-365 on my laptop. v. 2022.2205.8.0 Updated in May
1658695171395.png

My CZ-455 Lux SS ca 1000 rounds too. As you can see, the focus is a bit off - the mirror is adjustable but I didn't change after scoping my .308. Tiny adjustment by screwing the mirror in and out. "Accurate-Obsession" is waay off on his pic, but it's difficult getting focus w/o glare. The Camera-App has brightness control like on a digital camera, too.
CZ-455 After 1st clng 2-16-2022_Still.jpg

Attachments

• 1658695171428.png
    1658695171428.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 23
I have the rigid one that connects to my phone. I have had zero issues with connectivity and my Samsung phone.

Some days I wish I had the flexible one for other around the house tasks but the rigid serves its purpose on rifles and handguns.

Reactions: Baron23
I just wanted to 'update' re Post #18 - I measured the cables y-day. The Optic cable is 39" and the USB flex is 60" !! I put my laptop on a table 'near' my workbench, have the rifle in a vise mounted to the bench and have to 'not trip over' the cables. The Optic-cable is flexible but as said earlier Teslong warns about 'coiling' it too small; I just hang it on the wall over peg-hooks about 8" apart. The first one I bought 3-4 years ago 'died' and Teslong sent me another !!

I cleaned 3 rifles y-day; my Ruger x39, Sav A22 and B22. I've shot a lot of Chinese milsurp in the x39 and so had a lot of carbon build-up. The C4 I have wasn't getting it done after 2-3 patches and brass brush, so I used 'Rem-40X' bore cleaner that I bought at a yard sale for $2 / 4oz bottle. (Rem is out of stock, amazon has it for about $37-ea.) It's "an earth-suspension in mineral oil" per Rem catalog. I call it 'runny mud' but it works great for difficult cleaning bores, it works like JB-bore paste but more runny. (so less abrasive?)

Just got mine yesterday and can’t get it to connect to my iPhone… The phone finds and connects to the camera Wi-Fi, but when I try and connect with the app O get “connection unsuccessful” over and over.

Thoughts?

Just got mine yesterday and can’t get it to connect to my iPhone… The phone finds and connects to the camera Wi-Fi, but when I try and connect with the app O get “connection unsuccessful” over and over.

Thoughts?
Try a different app