• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Teslong Borescope View of New Shilen Select Match Barrel

Ocean_Dweller

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2020
I received my Savage Prefit .284 Win Shilen Select Match barrel today and took a video of the bore in case anyone is interested for future reference. I'm no professional, but the bore looks very good to me. I went back and forth checking the lands and grooves and couldn't find any defects worth noting. Pretty much looks identical to the .308 barrel I purchased a few years ago. They also asked me to send in some dummy rounds and it seems like the throat was reamed out by hand but I'm not sure.

Reactions: BCX
I received my Savage Prefit .284 Win Shilen Select Match barrel today and took a video of the bore in case anyone is interested for future reference. I'm no professional, but the bore looks very good to me. I went back and forth checking the lands and grooves and couldn't find any defects worth noting. Pretty much looks identical to the .308 barrel I purchased a few years ago. They also asked me to send in some dummy rounds and it seems like the throat was reamed out by hand but I'm not sure.

What was the wait time?
Looks like all the other Shilen barrels I’ve had.