• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Teslong iPhone borescope version is now available!

Finally, just ordered mine on Amazon! Showed only 7 left when I pushed the go button.

My buddy already has his and it works great. I have the USB version and love it. I just ordered this one as well last night.

Ordered one, but hesitant to put some Chinese app on my phone... Anyone know of another app that will connect to this?

Ordered one, but hesitant to put some Chinese app on my phone... Anyone know of another app that will connect to this?

I was wondering the same thing. Got mine yesterday but it is a birthday present so I won’t get to play with it until middle of next week. Thanks for asking.

Amazon still shows 3 available.
Stupid question, but does Anyone have one of these in hand yet and know if it's "wifi" only? Do you have to have a network or is it also blue tooth compatible after you have the app?

Don't think its critical, obviously, I already ordered one, but sure would be nice to be able to blue tooth.

I have mine in hand. It’s WiFi only. The borescope has its own network that you join with you device. I used it with an old Iphone I wiped all my data off and it work nicely.
8FBC1413-4905-4EFC-A127-20A0B3C010A4.png
E57C6FD2-6D52-4A02-9F22-3074DF8E9E07.png

6931C67A-31EC-4C0C-A556-94DD5F25B28E.png

And for context, the last group this rifle shot:
DDA4BBAA-FF57-46D7-8A9E-EEFC3B0E7696.jpeg

so $50 for the USB version, $75 for the wifi/apple version?

Might have to get one to check some older rifles barrels and chambers...

I am returning the WiFi version. Tried on both a iPad and a iPhone 10 and could not get the app to recognize the scope even though app showed a connection.

I grabbed my wife’s older iPad and wiped the data and went to town inspecting my barrels. This is a pretty darn good borescope.

Do you have to use the app they point you to or does this work with other non Apple products over WiFi as well?

Like Windows 10 over WiFi using a laptop?

Not to concerned with the Chinese app, but I would change if there is and alternative.

Got mine a few days ago. Connected and inspecting a few rifle bores in less than 5 minutes time. With the app. it connects through WIFI, and as stated above as an answer to my previous question, it serves as it's own "router" You select it as a WIFI network. Cannot remember the name exactly, but its obvious (something scope) Mine shows connected briefly, then show's "no network connection" , but when I open the app the image from the camera displays on my ipad.
Take pics by snapping screen shots, or just move through bore to inspect.
It does have a bit of "latency/buffering" if you move to quickly.
For the price I think it's great.

Reactions: SpeedyR
Ordered today hope it works.

Followed the instructions and it worked great for me. No issues with the WIFI. Like JRosson said it has a bit of latency if moved too quickly.

Reactions: BCX
Just got mine and the ‘WIFI Image’ App will not load up-just keeps spinning like it’s trying to spool up but will not. Have deleted several times and rebooted to no avail. Any advice/guidance appreciated.

Try turning WiFi off and then back on in the Settings menu and reselecting the broadcasted Teslong borescope network again. I had something similar happen to me and did the above and all started working.

Not sure what I did to fix it and don’t really understand why it started working, but it did! The camera app is still rather buggy when it comes to taking pictures, recording video, and organizing the results in folders.

Is the ‘WIFI Image’ App shown in instructions the correct App or is there a separate Teslong App to install?

Trying now about 10th time and still no go. Updated phone, rebooted App multiple times, WiFi on and off, with no result. Anyone know of a point of contact at Teslong that could assist? Anyone Stateside?

Mine came last night. Plugged it in to apple Mac Laptop and works great, such a good cheap investment for any shooter. Down side is my 6.5 PRC barrel is near death. I figured it was close.

Anyone got any borescope pics that show a burned out or messed up barrel? Thinking about getting one but I have no idea what I would be looking for.

I supposed it would be useful for keeping track of barrel erosion as you could start taking snapshots from new through the life of the barrel.

EDIT: NM I found some videos on YT.

Last edited:
Reactions: BCX
JFYI... https://www.teslong.com/ is the company website...You can click on support and leave an email... Also, in addition to the original scope, they make an Apple version (flexible), a Wifi version, AND a RIGID version...(maybe others)...If you want to buy the rigid version (not compatible with iPhone/Ipad) be sure to choose the right one...I didn't...So I will have 3 for a while...:) You can buy a set of four mirrors of varying diameters, on their website...

Anyone got any borescope pics that show a burned out or messed up barrel? Thinking about getting one but I have no idea what I would be looking for.

I supposed it would be useful for keeping track of barrel erosion as you could start taking snapshots from new through the life of the barrel.

EDIT: NM I found some videos on YT.
Just got mine tonight. Spent about 10 minutes. Seems like focus could be just a little better.
RPR 6 Creed throat....
2020-02-12-21-26-12.jpg

6.5 Grendel (Shaw) barrel...
2020-02-12-21-22-15.jpg

2020-02-12-21-22-41.jpg

Trying now about 10th time and still no go. Updated phone, rebooted App multiple times, WiFi on and off, with no result. Anyone know of a point of contact at Teslong that could assist? Anyone Stateside?
I had some issues myself. I have a Galaxy S7. Went on line to research and my phone came with a little USB / phone adapter thingamabob. Never used it before. I guess it's an "OTG" adapter. Fired right up.

I have mine in hand. It’s WiFi only. The borescope has its own network that you join with you device. I used it with an old Iphone I wiped all my data off and it work nicely.
View attachment 7190804View attachment 7190805
View attachment 7190806

And for context, the last group this rifle shot:
View attachment 7190808
Your pics seem nice and clear. I figured out those little spacer rings on the camera shaft set the mirror depth / spacing, which affects focus. I have one on mine. How many do you have?
Ahhh. Appears I can set the depth by screwing on deeper or shallower. Got it.

Last edited:
Your pics seem nice and clear. I figured out those little spacer rings on the camera shaft set the mirror depth / spacing, which affects focus. I have one on mine. How many do you have?
Ahhh. Appears I can set the depth by screwing on deeper or shallower. Got it.
Yep, adjust the focus by screwing on or out until you like the image. It will need adjustment for different bore diameters.
Mine was pretty loose on the threads so I just put a few wraps of Teflon tape on the threads and problem solved. Outstanding tool for the money.

Reactions: C.R. Adams
It’s unavailable so it’s not showing the price. What did you guys pay for the WiFi version?

The first one didn’t work well but my second one works awesome.

Wasn’t connecting to the app or what was your issues? Return it through the company?

the picture movement was super slow. It was tough trying to look at anything. I think it was the low strength of the WIFI transmitter. I returned it through amazon and the second one is super clear and streams like a video

This still available, link looks to be out of stock? Wife just picked me up the non ipad version but instead of trying to break out my laptop every time it would be very convenient if I could just connect it to my Ipad.

I am wondering if the wifi version is worth waiting for. I can run the hard wire version, however I am curious if the cable being attached to the phone cause any difficulty rotating the camera in the bore without twisting the cable too much. Those who have used both is this a non-issue?

This still available, link looks to be out of stock? Wife just picked me up the non ipad version but instead of trying to break out my laptop every time it would be very convenient if I could just connect it to my Ipad.

The factory in China was put on furlough due to the Corona virus.

Ahhh yes good call; looks like I might have to hold on to the non iPad version for the time being then!