• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Teslong NTG500H Review

TheMoondog

Private
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2020

Teslong sent me their NTG500H to test and review. Insomuch as they let me keep it, I have no other skin in this game but take this fact as you will. The package comes in a long padded box containing the ≥26″ long wand/probe, a USB-C charging cable, a USB-C video cable, a USB-A/Mini video cable, a display monitor and video recorder (with a 32GB SD card), and a set of 4 right angle adapters for various rifle calibers:

(5mm) diameter for .22 caliber & larger
(6mm) diameter for 6.5 Creedmore & larger
(7mm) diameter for .30 caliber & larger
(8.5mm) diameter for .38 caliber & larger
(12mm) diameter for .50 caliber & larger

The Display/Monitor also functions as a recording device able to take still photos and video in 720p. Using the USB-A/mini adapter cable, you can connect the wand directly to a tablet or PC. I attempted to test it on my Samsung S21+ phone but was greeted with an Android warning message saying USB video was disabled, which may not be Teslong's fault more than that of the 3rd party endoscope App I had downloaded than this device and promptly un-installed.

The wand/probe has .20 cal diameter allowing it to be used with tight bore .22cal rimfire rifles. The wand has etched inch markings along its length and a white washer plug that help you mark the depth of the probe. This helps you more easily note and return to a specific area of interest in your barrels such as deposits, burrs, and cracks. The rigid wand does make controlling the direction of the probe much easier than non-rigid endoscopes I’ve used.

This model is a bit more expensive than non-rigid Teslong models without the Display Cam. But the rifle-length wand and the fact that you don't need to install 3rd party Endocope software on your phone (and potentially selling your data) seems worth it.

Reactions: diggler1833
I was just about to order one of these yesterday. The 450 model appears exactly the same, but with a 4.5" screen vs 5". Its $229 vs $159

You can order direct from Teslong and they do not charge tax or shipping over $150. There is also a 10% off code.

Reactions: Baron23
It seems the prices went up considerably NTG500H with the 5in screen used to cost 159$ or so.

I have a 450 and don’t see any justification to upgrade for another .5” of screen size.

I actually wonder what they are thinking with two products being almost entirely identical. Wonder if they are planning to discontinue the 450 when stock is depleted.