• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Teslong Versions

FredHammer

FAFOIST
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 23, 2006
    CONUS
    Anyone have experience between the direct plug and the wi-fi versions. My wi-fi quit working and thought maybe the direct plug style would be the way to go. Maybe better resolution with direct plug to phone/computer?

IMO get one that comes with a screen. If your phone is Android and USB-C they can direct attach ...for a while until the app isn't updated.

My original direct USB to phone model now requires a non-Play store app version to function. The fact they haven't gotten it approved is concerning so I only use it on an older device with the original app now.

A friend has the flexible Wi-fi version and getting it connected and keeping it connected is a giant pain on iOS, USB connect isn't an option for iOS

Ok, this confirms my suspicions of murphy fucking things up. I'll look at that 5.5" deal. Thanks.

my wired scope to an old google phone for a screen has been getting janky, somethings coming loose or shorting out inside throwing errors.

Id go with the rigid rod integral screen version for my next one

Reactions: FredHammer
    clean up the lens with a little CLR.
    giphy.gif

I plug mine into my laptop and it works fine in Windows camera. Nothing to download other than the driver that self installs.

Or I use my desktop with a 42" monitor, because I can...

Cable version, old phone, generic software camera thinf worked for me. Have heard newer software is a bitch.

One with screen would 100% be my advi e. Had a lyman like that, was good, but really grainy. Teslong is great quality.

I have the plug in version, use it on my Mac with Photo Booth.
    Haven't bothered trying to hook it up to any handheld devices.

I plug mine into my laptop and it works fine in Windows camera. Nothing to download other than the driver that self installs.

Or I use my desktop with a 42" monitor, because I can...

This is the same thing I do, how the hell you can see anything on a phone screen is well past me.

I use my laptop, record the video put on a thumb drive then take it up stairs to the "big" computer that has a 55" TV for a monitor, that I can see.

• Wow
    Reactions: FredHammer
    I use the flexible version with USBC connection to my android phone. It's been 100% for the last 6 months of owning.......fingers crossed it continues that way.

IMO, this is the one to get. Unless you need to lace something down the bore of a semi-auto from the chamber end (dunno why, though), get the rigid model. Also, the model linked below comes with a screen/control unit to plug into.

My friend @GBMaryland had an older model that plugged into his phone/pad and thought the image on mine (the model below) was far better so he bought one.

They do have a model with a slightly larger screen for mo' $$, but I don't see the need for it.

Amazon Teslong Model NTG450H

Teslong Model NTG450H

Teslong Rigid Rifle Borescope, 0.2inch Rod Digital Gun Barrel Bore Scope Gun Cleaning Camera-Fits .20 Caliber & Larger Hunting Shooting Firearms, 26inch Long Insertion Tube & 4.5inch 1080P HD Screen

Oh....and and save this image to post when the standard peanut gallery residents come on and tell you to throw away your borescope! hahaha

1694186663425.png

Last edited:
    I vote flexible because I keep using it for non barrel things.
    The last thing was I took it to work to look inside a lockbox/safe and to hit the reset button and program a new combo on the electric lock.
    Did that once before on another one, blind, and it took forever.

My least expected non gun use is on arrows. I use HIT "adjustable" weight inserts. In my toying, tinkering and testing, I forget what's what what in where. I use it to take a peek down inside the shaft and see if there's added weights in them.

Reactions: A.Huggy
    IMO, this is the one to get. Unless you need to lace something down the bore of a semi-auto from the chamber end (dunno why, though), get the rigid model. Also, the model linked below comes with a screen/control unit to plug into.

My friend @GBMaryland had an older model that plugged into his phone/pad and thought the image on mine (the model below) was far better so he bought one.

They do have a model with a slightly larger screen for mo' $$, but I don't see the need for it.

Amazon Teslong Model NTG450H

Teslong Model NTG450H

Teslong Rigid Rifle Borescope, 0.2inch Rod Digital Gun Barrel Bore Scope Gun Cleaning Camera-Fits .20 Caliber & Larger Hunting Shooting Firearms, 26inch Long Insertion Tube & 4.5inch 1080P HD Screen

Oh....and and save this image to post when the standard peanut gallery residents come on and tell you to throw away your borescope! hahaha

View attachment 8222717
    I’m surprised we’ve gone this long without the haters…

• Haha
    Reactions: Baron23
    I got my new Teslong kit. Its the flexible cord with 5.5" screen. Beats the pants off the rigid version I have. There is actually no point in using a rigid stick wand now. The mirrors are larger and easier to keep the resolution of the picture. Very happy.

Reactions: Modoc
    I have the NTG500H with the 26” wand.
    No regrets.
    I can bring it with me with the 5” screen or I can plug it into my PC.