• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Test your practical skills - #1

Re: Test your practical skills - #1

I like the quiz. However, looking at your zero data:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
175 Matchking
2.635 fps.
Altitude 506 feet
Humidity 55%
Pressure 25.37 in/Hg
Temperature 75F
</div></div>

There never was a place on the planet which had a station pressure of 25.37 inches at an altitude of 506 feet.

I hope the folks have fun working the exercise.

Cheers!
-- Lindy

Lindy,

Thank you, very true, lets just say 500 feet.

But there is also no place on earth that sells reticles as magnificent as the one in the quiz
wink.gif
or where one legged couriers lean on their cars for as long as you need to figure out the math. At least not yet, I haven't read the whole stimulus package.

I believe upon checking out the rest, we are good to go.

Gentleman, 171 viewed and two (2) respond. Will provide the answers to you via PM. Many thanks, hope you enjoyed it.

It's too bad more didn't respond - it is a very useful exercise, and fun as well.

Thanks for putting in the effort, RollingThunder51!

I think I got it. At least for the dude. Having trouble w/the drum shot dope. I'm still trying. Hope you can send the math part too, just in case I FUBAR'd it. No bonus wanted. Just doin' ma job...LOL. Duke.

No, no please give it a try!

Please note that one is at ground level. Lindy points out the use of the word "Tower" in the original text...now removed.

I'm coming back to this... I've ranged it and got the wind (the easy parts), now I have to learn how to read an altimeter.... LOL

Why, for the love of all things holy can I never see the fricking important pictures? Lame...

Just saw this thread. Nice work setting it up. I'll have a closer look at it tonight.
A couple quick questions off the top of my head:
1) Do we have any known dimensions on the big truck or info regarding the type/make?
2) I take it that 4167 feet is the elevation of Ndola airport and that what we are seeing would be a correct altimeter setting.

The altimeter tells us nothing aside from being manufactured in Canada.. What is the current setting? That plane may not have flown for some time and a low may have moved in and now it's 29.85in/hg ! So the reading may or may not be the field elevation. ???

Google Earth says... "NDOLA Airport = <span style="font-weight: bold">4156</span> ft. elevation"

Hey, he said <span style="font-style: italic">"You can research anything you would wish online."</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Littlesureshot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The altimeter tells us nothing...</div></div>In this case I think it is supposed to tell us the field elevation. If you search it that airport is at 4167 feet. Usually one inputs barometric pressure as an altimeter setting into the window on the instrument (rather than altitude in the left-hand window); doing that at under 18,000 feet (where you input a standard setting) will give you your altitude ASL. Thus, when on the ground, the current pressure setting on the altimeter will give field elevation.

Sorry for the delay on the questions. All the altimeter is supposed to do is tell you the field elevation. All of Grahams other points are correct. The issue I had to deal with was scaling the images, hopefully they are close enough.

Forget the vehicle, use the other elements.

Lets let folks work on this a few more days, Ill be back on the weekend and go through all the PMs.

Glad some of you are enjoying this, you never know.

Just found this....I think I know

Question #11: What is frequency for CAS to drop a couple five-hunskies on target?

This closes on Friday, PM me your answers and I'll go through them this weekend.

Luke and Strickland passed.

lS.jpg

Like they say, your radio is highest casualty producing weapon...

Megacab,

Rhodesian embassador on line #2 and I still have Secretary Clinton on hold line #1.

Thank you, RT. I'll take line 2.
Please tell the good Senator I am still engaged and will either call her back, or she may continue to hold.

President Mugabe? GREAT to hear from you!
How is Zimbabwe treating you these days?
Well, yes.
Yes I realize it was a very large explosion.
No, Mister Mugabe. It was not nuclear.
Yes. Believe it or not it was indeed conventional and we do "grow" them that big, haha!
"Above and beyond"? Well, we can sit here and discuss semantics all day and not get anywhere. Or we can agree the task at hand was completed with zero losses to our men.
How many more? Well you know quite well I cannot declare how many more MOAB's we have on hand, or how many more are in your region, Bobby! You know better than than to try and get me to answer that. Suffice to say we have "alot" and they are "all over the place"
Yes, you may forward this information.
And Bobby-boyo? May I politely suggest you clean up your act there. We still have "issues" with several of your fellow "country men" concerning US Soldiers.
I will, Mr. President.
You do the same.
*click*

Moron...
*lights cigarette*

Um, RT? I'll take that call on line 1 now, if the Senator is available...

Jack

can u post the answers for those of us that walking into class a bit late... thx