• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Tested out the new MCS-T5A (range report)

AZK9

Private
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2009
Arizona
Well, I got to take out my Remy 700 SPS wearing it's new Manners sock.

226569_1792100522821_1248892139_31712267_3088274_n.jpg

Fired off a 5 round group that was 6 inches high and 2 inches left. Wow, I didn't think there would have been that much difference in switching out chassis'.

I got the rifle zeroed in and then started rocking out 5 round grouping, to see the new setups performance. I did ten 5 round groupings. All grouping were off the bipod with the left hand to adjust the elevation.

Wow, I need to get use to the new setup. I ran my Choate stock for over a year, so I was comfortable with my check weld and muscle memory would take hold on the grip. Overall, the Manners is a more comfortable stock and fits really nice in my hands and shoulder. I need to work on my check weld a little, but that will come with time behind the stick.

Here were some of my groupings from the day, at 100 yards. They all were pretty much the same, but slightly bigger than my setup with the Choate stock. I'm pretty sure that with more time behind the stick, I'll get the groupings down a little.

226569_1792100682825_1248892139_31712270_6815976_n.jpg

226569_1792100722826_1248892139_31712271_5878991_n.jpg

Re: Tested out the new MCS-T5A (range report)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blklabs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice stock. Instead of 10 - 5 shot groups, do 2 dot drills. </div></div>

I'm still new to precision rifles, so what are 2 dot drills? Thanks...

Dot Drill

There ya go, 9 pages of reading. The concept is to focus on each shot independently of the others. You won't find too many people here that will go out and shoot groups since they provide little value.

Great read. Blklabs thanks for the advice. I'll run this next time out and give it a try...

Three Points Range in Tucson?

Your fit to the stock will take a little getting used to, and the shooting will improve with familiarity with the setup.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Three Points Range in Tucson?

Your fit to the stock will take a little getting used to, and the shooting will improve with familiarity with the setup. </div></div>

Nope, Joe Foss range in Buckeye. I live in Goodyear, so it's really close. I was going to head out to PRGC to meet a few of the LRPRS guys, but decided to just go to the closer range. I'll have to make it out to PRGC, one day to learn from some seasoned shooters.

Thought it was a little sparse to be three points. Only range I've shot on that side is the MCSO range.
Shoulda come to the match yesterday, it was a good time. Pop in on LRPRS.com, its our own little precision rifle forum.
There's always the third sat of next month, 7am!

Nice looking setup you got there...shoots well.

Well, tried out the dot drills. The 15 to 20 MPH crosswinds were killing me. I'm still trying to improve my breathing techniques and trigger squeeze. Here is a pic of the results:

250896_1803838576265_1248892139_31728206_4445386_n.jpg

This is almost identical to the setup I'm beginning to put together, besides optics. It is gorgeous. I was wondering if the 20" barrel would look odd on the Manners, but it is just stunning. I'm getting the SPS Tactical AAC-SD in .308. If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for your Manners Stock? and did you get it with the Badger detach mag system or is that another aftermarket mag?

Love the paint on your stock!

X2 on paint. Nice stick.