• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Testers needed for new version of my ballistics spreadsheet

spamassassin

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
I publish BallisticXLR and BallisticPRS which are (more and more loosely as time goes on) based off the original Pejsa model Excel spreadsheet from Russ Ring and Jackson Rifles. I've got a new version called BallisticDLR that I've just launched in which is bent towards analytics more than field usage and I'm looking for a few of you sexy biatches to do some post-launch bug checking for me. Outside of The Hide there aren't a lot of places where I can just tap folks with a broadcast and expect the respondents will usually know what they're talking about. I've done all the checking I can usefully do by myself and it's turned into a forest/trees situation in a lot of ways so I need fresh eyes.

All you'll need to do as your tasking for this testing run is drop in your inputs, check the outputs against your known DOPE and what your other calculators predict and to send me the relevant data along with any commentary, bug reports, usability issues, etc... you might encounter. In exchange for your efforts you'll get a free copy and a free month of support and there's a special prize which I'm not going to spill the beans on but it's a pretty darned nice gimme.

Volunteers will be under one-way NDA and will be required to sign and return one to me electronically before we can get to the nitty gritty. You must have your own computer with a useable copy of Microsoft Excel 2003 or later installed and you must be computer literate enough to use Excel at least trivially. You must read and speak English fluently as your first language or at least better than any current high school graduate is capable of (sorry, important part of determining if the instructions are clear in English). The use case for this new version is primarily comparative analytics so you must have at least 2 rifle/load combinations which you have solid data and field experience with. Sorry lads but you have to have your poop in a group to be helpful to me.

email ballisticxlr at gmail dawt com if you'd like to volunteeer. Your total time investment should be limited to a few hours.

Thanks much lads.
https://ballisticxlr.com

Colin send me a PM I can check it agains know dope past 2500yards with several 338 projectiles and 7mm.

Inside 1200 I have solid dope on a bunch of others but maybe just run - a 6.5 and. 308 against it.

It may be mid next week before I can get to it.

Not a fan of Excel for this kind of work, and I'm perfectly happy with my apps on the PC and phone but curious enough for the testing though