• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Testing Body Armor In An Office On A Person Video

shankster..

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2004
North Idaho
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VDRRJZ6rJBY"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VDRRJZ6rJBY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: Testing Body Armor In An Office On A Person Video

clearly my physics sucks but how come the guy didn't get knocked on his ass or at least seriously bruised from the impact?

Well, I don't know if your physics suck or not, but they do need a refresher. "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction" means that if the bullet knocked the shootee on his ass, firing the gun would have to do the same thing to the shooter. As far as guys getting tossed throught the air by being shot, happens all the time in Hollywood, but nowhere else. As for the bruise, yeah, I'll betcha he had one. Every officer I've ever seen shot while wearing a vest had a doozy to show for the experience.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">clearly my physics sucks but how come the guy didn't get knocked on his ass or at least seriously bruised from the impact? </div></div>

Be careful...your STUPID is showing...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">clearly my physics sucks but how come the guy didn't get knocked on his ass or at least seriously bruised from the impact? </div></div>

Be careful...your STUPID is showing... </div></div>

It could be worse, I could be in New Jersey.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevin Thomas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, I don't know if your physics suck or not, but they do need a refresher. "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction" means that if the bullet knocked the shootee on his ass, firing the gun would have to do the same thing to the shooter. As far as guys getting tossed throught the air by being shot, happens all the time in Hollywood, but nowhere else. As for the bruise, yeah, I'll betcha he had one. Every officer I've ever seen shot while wearing a vest had a doozy to show for the experience. </div></div>

Well, the pistol in question is an automatic so the recoil is taken up by the slide/spring but I get your point. Also, I guess we don't know the load on the ammo only the caliber - 40S&W. I'm wondering, if had he been shot with a .357mag he'd still be standing given the higher velocity etc.

I had always assume that at that close range the impact against a 100% resistant surface would be enough to at least push a guy back or over.

THanks for the education anyway.

He would've done backflips... had he been shot with a .45

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">clearly my physics sucks but how come the guy didn't get knocked on his ass or at least seriously bruised from the impact? </div></div>

The law of conservation of momentum applies.

Assume a 180 grain bullet at 1000 fps. If it transfers its full momentum, and the guy weighed 200 lbs and was standing on roller-skates, he would be moving backwards at 1.5 inches per second as a result. You wouldn't think he'd be knocked over by that.

The bullet gives its momentum to the target. The bullet only has the same amount of momentum that the gun and shooter have (in the opposite direction). In order for the victim to go flying across the room, the shooter would too.

Or the victim could be a ground squirrel that weighs a few ounces and shows off its newly gained momentum with some aerial feats.

The first thing I wonder is why they don't use a mannequin for this. They want to be cute and do a little publicity stunt, and possibly kill someone in the process due to negligence.

Fine. Sure thing.

The sprinkles on the fail cake are the fact that the guy pulling the trigger is the only guy wearing eye and ear protection.

I haven't even gotten to the icing.

It's one big cake of solid fail. They baked it. They can eat it.

Fucktards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevin Thomas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, I don't know if your physics suck or not, but they do need a refresher. "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction" means that if the bullet knocked the shootee on his ass, firing the gun would have to do the same thing to the shooter. As far as guys getting tossed throught the air by being shot, happens all the time in Hollywood, but nowhere else. As for the bruise, yeah, I'll betcha he had one. Every officer I've ever seen shot while wearing a vest had a doozy to show for the experience. </div></div>

Well, the pistol in question is an automatic so the recoil is taken up by the slide/spring but I get your point. Also, I guess we don't know the load on the ammo only the caliber - 40S&W. I'm wondering, if had he been shot with a .357mag he'd still be standing given the higher velocity etc.

I had always assume that at that close range the impact against a 100% resistant surface would be enough to at least push a guy back or over.

THanks for the education anyway. </div></div>

Wanted to make sure this got quoted for posterity. Or for the next time EH waxes eloquent in a tirade.

WOW!

Lol. No words... All around actually.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevin Thomas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, I don't know if your physics suck or not, but they do need a refresher. "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction" means that if the bullet knocked the shootee on his ass, firing the gun would have to do the same thing to the shooter. As far as guys getting tossed throught the air by being shot, happens all the time in Hollywood, but nowhere else. As for the bruise, yeah, I'll betcha he had one. Every officer I've ever seen shot while wearing a vest had a doozy to show for the experience. </div></div>

Wanted to make sure this got quoted for posterity. Or for the next time EH waxes eloquent in a tirade.

WOW! </div></div>

ah children,

I'm so pleased that you needed me to provide you with something to use against me. Shows you never had anything of your own. For a self-described 'Profiler' being paid 'large sums of money to figure people out in 15mins' you seem suspiciously petty. Maybe you're a house-plant psychologist or something? Perhaps you can match my ignorance of physics with your fantasy covert FBI-profiler lifestyle...?

I'm totally ok with having my ignorance on this resolved. You on the other hand, remain an asshole. Please remember to quote this as part of your J. Edger Hoover fetish for posterity.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevin Thomas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, I don't know if your physics suck or not, but they do need a refresher. "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction" means that if the bullet knocked the shootee on his ass, firing the gun would have to do the same thing to the shooter. As far as guys getting tossed throught the air by being shot, happens all the time in Hollywood, but nowhere else. As for the bruise, yeah, I'll betcha he had one. Every officer I've ever seen shot while wearing a vest had a doozy to show for the experience. </div></div>

WOW! </div></div>

ah children,

I'm so pleased that you needed me to provide you with something to use against me. Shows you never had anything of your own. For a self-described 'Profiler' being paid 'large sums of money to figure people out in 15mins' you seem suspiciously petty. Maybe you're a house-plant psychologist or something? Perhaps you can match my ignorance of physics with your fantasy covert FBI-profiler lifestyle...?

I'm totally ok with having my ignorance on this resolved. You on the other hand, remain an asshole. Please remember to quote this as part of your J. Edger Hoover fetish for posterity. </div></div>

LOL.

Since momentum has come up and target reaction to bullet impact is the subject here, some of you may be interested to know that this was how ballisticians used to calculate muzzle velocity and energy...they would mount a target on an arm that could swing like a pendulum. When they shot it, they would measure how far the target swung. Since they knew the target weight, and what angle the target swung through, and the weight of the bullet or shell, they could do some math and derive how fast the bullet must have struck the target. Required some set up, but before electronic chronographs it worked pretty good.

Too bad it wasn't a bulletproof cup.

That I would love to see.

KY Patriot. Yes I have an old Lyman manual and this is one of the great and interesting things that can be learned from that tome.

EH
I never told you I am an FBI profiler, work for the CIA, am SpecOPs, a double naught spy, or any of that shit, those are your words, you have made up, to make yourself look cool.
I am a winning poker player, and if you know anything about that game, beyond watching it on TV, you know that money is made by profiling and reading PEOPLE, not cards. IT is a game of people played with cards.
As usual you feel the need to debase and degrade, when no one actually attacked your complete lack of common sense.

As has been pointed out, the real retards are in the video.

^^This^^ explains quite a bit. Glad I opened this thread, I needed a laugh. Thanks bro.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">clearly my physics sucks but how come the guy didn't get knocked on his ass or at least seriously bruised from the impact? </div></div>

^^This^^ explains quite a bit. Glad I opened this thread, I needed a laugh. Thanks bro. </div></div>

If I'm unavailable in future just have a look at this

80575925.jpg

Event, a common misconception based on what they show in every movie and on TV. Like you see guys who get blasted through air by bombs and get up. Never once understanding what a blast strong enough to launch you would do to your air spaces ( lungs, ears)

First shooting I was involved in as cop freaked me out when bad guy took three rounds and just said "OK I give up don't shoot me again"
While it wont knock you down it does take the force and make a bad assed bruise, with soft armor

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Event, a common misconception based on what they show in every movie and on TV. Like you see guys who get blasted through air by bombs and get up. Never once understanding what a blast strong enough to launch you would do to your air spaces ( lungs, ears)

First shooting I was involved in as cop freaked me out when bad guy took three rounds and just said "OK I give up don't shoot me again"
While it wont knock you down it does take the force and make a bad assed bruise, with soft armor </div></div>

Thanks Mike.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HD1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He would've done backflips... had he been shot with a .45 </div></div>LOL! That's why he should not have been standing close to a window.
laugh.gif

Everything old is new again: Rich Davis used to do that all the time... right after he stopped selling Pizza.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">clearly my physics sucks but how come the guy didn't get knocked on his ass or at least seriously bruised from the impact? </div></div>

^^This^^ explains quite a bit. Glad I opened this thread, I needed a laugh. Thanks bro. </div></div>

If I'm unavailable in future just have a look at this

80575925.jpg
</div></div>

Damn. Looks sadder than a bird dog wearing a fur jacket, at least as uncomfortable.

Yeah, that guy in the video, I'd have expected some kind of flinch more than what he did. Probably had a trauma plate in there or something. That or they used the weakest .40 ammo they could load. I didn't expect it to knock him back or anything, but I did expect his fat to cave in, then flatten out some and reverberate inside of his shirt a little.

The lack of ear pro, inside an office full of people (there were at least three in there) no paramedics, just stupid. You can still die or develop very serious problems from the blunt force trauma too (less likely in the gut, but still).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevin Thomas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, I don't know if your physics suck or not, but they do need a refresher. "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction" means that if the bullet knocked the shootee on his ass, firing the gun would have to do the same thing to the shooter. As far as guys getting tossed throught the air by being shot, happens all the time in Hollywood, but nowhere else. As for the bruise, yeah, I'll betcha he had one. Every officer I've ever seen shot while wearing a vest had a doozy to show for the experience. </div></div>

I forget the guys name, he's the developer of the vest. The first development run, he SHOT HIMSELF wearing the vest nearly point blank with a .44Mag revolver. He took a few steps back, but that was about it. The vid is probably somewhere on youtube.

The guy getting shot does have ear protection in use. Look closely at the video from the shooters right side, the "target" has yellow ear protection in.

I do agree, they are PHUCKIN stupid for doing this.

I'd bet a silver nickel he's got another one on under his shirt. I agree glasses would have been a good idea.

But I don't think he's an idiot for demonstrating the vest. What the heck, why is he selling them if they won't work? If I was expecting to be shot in the line of duty, I'd by armor from someone who was confident enough in his product to demonstrate it like this.

For the throwing bodies through space people....have you never shot an 8" steel plate? They weigh what...10 pounds? How far do they fly when you hit them with a 45 acp? Mine usually go...about...(figuring 350 foot pounds of energy in a 45)...well usually they fly about 35 feet into the air when I shoot them. Yep, that's why it takes me so long to reset the targets. You should see when I shoot golf balls, they go a couple miles
smile.gif