• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Testing the GAP and the new USO 07/19 more pic's

donws2

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2008
Mountain Rest, South Carolina
Well made it to the range today. Weather was perfect only a hint of wind and temp about 80/85. You all met the GAP Friday with the new to me USO scope.

DSC00281.jpg

The rifle has been on a diet for awhile as I've been on a 22 BR kick so I desided to feed her a buffet with the new scope.

DSC03694.jpg

DSC03695.jpg

DSC03696.jpg

Like I said Friday, she eats anything you feed her.

DSC03691.jpg

DSC03692.jpg

DSC03693.jpg

Most things these days aren't worth half of what they cost. This rifle is not one of those things. She's worth every penny and a whole lot more.

[Edit 07/19/2009]
Went back today to the same range for some 22 br partice. Desided to grab the GAP again and do the whole 5 shot thing to keep the peace. Thought I had more BH's 175 and the two boxes wtre empties so all I could do was the M118 and 155 palma's. The M118's would not tighten up at all today. It's a different lot of ammo but it's from the same year. No idea were I was going wrong on it. The 155's are nearly the same load as yesterday. It's LC 73 brass and not the Lapua and it's .2 grains of TAC less as I get the same results with alittle less juice with this brass. Still not bad for 19 year old combat bullets and it's just the nomal shit with the hand loads.

DSC03697.jpg

DSC03698-2.jpg

DSC03699.jpg

For the guy that asked it's the spec Crusader Bartlein barrel at 22" and 1/11.25 twist.

Re: Testing the GAP and the new USO

Beautiful gun, and nice shooting. That group shot with the 155's looks very familiar, is there something you want to share. I still think the Crusader looks allot better when I shoot it.

It seems to be stringing horizontally and vertically about an 1/8 of an inch . Better send it to me to dispose of for you .

OK! OK! OK! Billy shot the group with the hand loads. But then again Billy sold me the rifle to start with. Thanks Billy. Your still not getting it back. But I will let you pet her if you behave. I will however take the rest of your BH match ammo.
Now go buy a house or something. Tell Jimbo I sent him an email.
Donald

Nice try MN but I can live with the stringing for now, LOL

We are a mess, you string them vertically, I string the horizontally, maybe if we switch shooters between shots we could shoot a decent group. I left the 40X at Jim's, and will send you the sights. Next time I am in town, I will bring the BH. Have a good week.

I like the fact that three loads and two shooter can keep all but one in the ten ring on a 50 yard prone small bore target.

467 I've not shot any really cheap shit in it and wont but for hand loads and match/special purpose stuff it all goes where you point the rifle. It just does not care what I feed it. And I've been able to build two loads of 168 and 175 that shoot to the same point of impact until it goes to 400. Then the 175's fly highter by a 1/2 to 3/4 inch.

You are the first one I have seen not get flamed for 3 shot groups instead of 5.

Either way, nice shooting and great looking package.

Well you could look at it as a nine shot group on three targets, LOL. I'll make up for it next time by shooting seven shot groups and pick up the two I dropped. Anyway the point is the rifle likes any thing you throw into it. Just as long as it's half assed put together. If you look closely you'll see the reloads are not even tumbled cleaned. Just wipe and squeeze, that's about it. I've been reusing the same Lapua for the 155's.
I've got some good groups now so I'm in the .1 up and down as weather changes to see if theres a best for all conditions load.

Congrats on the Rifle. It looks awesome but, You're Killing Me !
Karey at GAP says Two more weeks on my Crusader.

This is only making it worse!
sick.gif

What Barrel and length is it? Nice shooting. Im jealous. I would love to buy a USO and an A5 for mine. But some unexpected home repairs have dug into my savings for them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SavageStag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really need to buy a GAP! </div></div>

You get one you will never go back!

AZ the rings came on a MK4 I got used on a 700 LTR. They appear to be Leupold mid's or mid-highs. They mearsure in a 1/2 inch from bottom of scope to top of base. They are to high but I've not traded down yet for lower rings. It's in the works thou. The bolt has a mile of clearance. I dont think you could mount her low enough to cause a problem. Is the Knob one of yours? I got the rifle second hand so I just assumed it was a Badger.

The barrel is a standard Crusader 308. 22" Bartlein SS with green Cerekote finish.

Nice shooting! Now you need to "air it out" Keep us posted!!

I'm thinkin' it comes with the PTG (Dave Kiff) bolt that is used in the crusader. Very fine shootin' Don.