• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Testing the tracking on all my scopes Monday...

JRose

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2007
Back in BHam!!!
With all the talk of this and that scope not tracking, I thought it would be a good idea to check out my scopes and see how they fair.

I have 2 USO's, 1 NF, and 2 leupolds MK4's. I'll be reporting back with the findings...

I made up a chart modeled loosely after Rob01's that I saw one another post. Here it is.

DSC_0411-2.jpg

I'll use it to check the level of the reticle, the tracking out to 10 mils, and check the reticle spacing of the actual reticle itself.

Disregard the MOA markings, I screwed it up trying to mark off true MOA, I'm gonna make another chart just for the MOA scopes tomorrow before work.

I work tomorrow, then it's off to the range.

Re: Testing the tracking on all my scopes Monday...

Just a hint for MOA. Multiply by 10. It's a whole lot easier to measure 10.47" than 1.047". 20.94" ain't too hard either.

Then use the old school trick for making equal marks on a line.

Make a triangle with the long side = to 20" and your 10.47" across the bottom. Drop the 10 ticks (every 2" on the long side) down on to your 10.47" line via a square. Works good every time and everybody that graduates elementary school seems to have forgotten it (I owe it to my then 4th grader who watched me pulling my hair out with a pair of dividers for an hour).

Cheers,

Doc