• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Testosterone

FightingFit

Private
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2011
Éire
OK so, testosterone is the male hormone, it’s what makes a man a man, (besides the meat and two veg), correct?
So more testosterone equals more aggression, strength, stamina and general “Manliness”, correct?
So are there any over the counter testosterone boasters that actually work and can these be taken on an ongoing basis like say a multi vitamin?

Re: Testosterone

I have never had any "before and during" blood work done when I took several differant ones but for the most part I think the effect of bumping up your natural levels is more of a placebo effect.
All of the ones I tried a couple did increase libido a little butcould not realy tell any difference in strength .

When I was competing in power lifting there were always two classes, "Pro" and "Amateur".

At a given weight that you competed in ex. 165lb, 185,242, or the super heavyweight class, The pro class could always lift more weight than the amateur class.

I think we can all guess why. Testosterone does work.

Watch this dvd.
http://www.biggerstrongerfastermovie.com/

Reducing your estrogen level SOME will defiantly help to reduce some fat stores and things of that nature but if your test levels are already low and you lower your estrogen it will likely have a negative effect

In a desperate attempt to cut some fat I took a strong estrogen eliminator and within a week I had total shut down my sex drive even though my test levels were plenty high enough to have a healthy drive.

I have seen some clinical studdys that showed realy low doses of the powerfully breast cancer drug Lestrozol daily has raised test levels so their might be some correlation .

Personally I think if your test levels are low , go see a Dr and get tested and if it is indeed low get on Hormone Replacement Theropy

OK so, short of hittin the juice, there is nothing you can do to realistically raise your testosterone levels? It’s not that I think my levels are low, it’s just I thought higher testosterone would be a good thing in general.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FightingFit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK so, short of hittin the juice, there is nothing you can do to realistically raise your testosterone levels? It’s not that I think my levels are low, it’s just I thought higher testosterone would be a good thing in general. </div></div>

A higher level is defiantly a plus and if your levels are low you will certainly feel better on HRT.
Shooter65 is right , Dr. Generally want to start you off with the stupid patches that out of 17 people I know who tried them got ZERO results , then to the gel which is a bit inconvient as it needs to be applied daily and causes some skin irritation with most people and the injections are last ditch effort and then alot of Dr only want to give you a shot a month which puts your body on a big hormonal roller coaster because the half life of even long acting test is only about 10-14 days.

I suggest shopping around and finding a good HRT doc

As someone that has worked out for many years I can tell you there was a point in my heavy lifting days that the call to do steroids to get to the next level was high. But, in the end of the day it was not worth the negative heath affects that roids bring with them. If you truly have an issue then visit a doctor and they can do test to see what your T levels are.

It is hard to fight your family genetics.

Fighting fit- Age is a big factor on T supplementation. If you are young and want to supplement so that you can be 260 w/ 6% BF then I would say it's not worth it *unless* you are a professional athlete who derives your income from your performance...ie NFL, MLB, TdF, Highland Games, Strongman etc.

If you are over 40 and trying to preserve your youth and vigor, I think visiting a doctor who is experienced in dosing is appropriate. I'm in my late 30's and have just begun to have trouble with recovery from my training plan...I'm assuming it's age related lowering of natural T. But I'm not quite ready to take the old man pills.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
http://www.biggerstrongerfastermovie.com/ </div></div>
thanks for the link, i've never seen this... looks good up to the point of "nostrilitis" Henry Waxman... regardless, i'm gonna have to check it out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> But, in the end of the day it was not worth the negative heath affects that roids bring with them.
</div></div>

Anything abused will be bad for you , that includes water and oxygen. If you take to much Tylonol you can fuck up your liver .

Testosterone taken in proper dosages will have positive effects on your health

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> But, in the end of the day it was not worth the negative heath affects that roids bring with them.
</div></div>

Anything abused will be bad for you , that includes water and oxygen. If you take to much Tylonol you can fuck up your liver .

Testosterone taken in proper dosages will have positive effects on your health </div></div> I agree but at the time I was contemplating it I am more than sure I would have abused it to a negative affect on my body.

No, no, let me clarify. I’ll be 30 this July, I’ve been working out and eating right since January, I’ve never had my T levels checked but I have no reason to suspect that they are any thing other than normal for my age and condition. I’m nowhere near my peak so I’m not looking for steroids. In fact I’m still on my way down from 261lbs to 205lbs, another 15lbs to go. It’s just I’ve been hearing about these so called “Natural” T boosters, I think the latest is a herb called Bolbine, and I was wondering were any worth dropping the cash for. Just as an added advantage, that’s all.

They are all gimmicks. Period. Just a way to get money from you to them. There is no magic dust here. Hard work and discipline is what you need to reach your goal. It does not come easy....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FightingFit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, no, let me clarify. I’ll be 30 this July, I’ve been working out and eating right since January, I’ve never had my T levels checked but I have no reason to suspect that they are any thing other than normal for my age and condition. I’m nowhere near my peak so I’m not looking for steroids. In fact I’m still on my way down from 261lbs to 205lbs, another 15lbs to go. It’s just I’ve been hearing about these so called “Natural” T boosters, I think the latest is a herb called Bolbine, and I was wondering were any worth dropping the cash for. Just as an added advantage, that’s all. </div></div>

agree with shooter and if you aren't having trouble recovering from your current training plan... sounds like you are trying to solve a problem you don't actually have

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are all gimmicks. Period. Just a way to get money from you to them. There is no magic dust here. Hard work and discipline is what you need to reach your goal. It does not come easy....
</div></div> [/quote]

Amen

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are all gimmicks. Period. Just a way to get money from you to them. There is no magic dust here. Hard work and discipline is what you need to reach your goal. It does not come easy....
</div></div> </div></div>

Amen [/quote]

I have to agree 100%, true at the end of the day you may not have the same gains as if you were on an enhancing drug but I would think your personal satisfaction in your acheivements would more than make up for any shortcomings in expected gains. That is what keeps me off any thing other than a high "iron" diet with plenty of sweat. Besides if you cant hit your goals today thats why there is a tomorrow to train some more. Have faith in your own abilities and be proud of your hard work.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is stronger

There is nothing "over the counter" that will raise your Testosterone. A Compounding Pharmacist can mix a topical cream that will but you'll need a prescription. If you are going to test your Testosterone levels, I suggest testing your Thyroid as well. Slow recovery is usually associated with adrenal fatigue, low thyroid, and simply aging.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FightingFit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, no, let me clarify. I’ll be 30 this July, I’ve been working out and eating right since January, I’ve never had my T levels checked but I have no reason to suspect that they are any thing other than normal for my age and condition. I’m nowhere near my peak so I’m not looking for steroids. In fact I’m still on my way down from 261lbs to 205lbs, another 15lbs to go. It’s just I’ve been hearing about these so called “Natural” T boosters, I think the latest is a herb called Bolbine, and I was wondering were any worth dropping the cash for. Just as an added advantage, that’s all. </div></div>

Don't waste your money. Anything over the counter is just a good way to burn a hole in your wallet. There are some studies out there that have shown that a good quality ZMA (magnesium and zinc) supplemnet (chelated mineral) can boost free unbound testosterone in healthy males on the order of 1%-3%, which is almost nothing but might give you a slight increase in libido but that's it. Aside from that, HRT (hormone replacement therapy) is the only real way to stave off father time. From about 25 yrs old onward, your body will produce less and less testosterone until you die. Women go through menopause, men experience andropause which is far less known or talked about. Less testosterone means less lean muscle, energy, libido etc... But is something all men experience as they age. PM me if you have more questions on this subject as I have pretty extensive experience.

-SBS

My T levels dropped at age 40, had a vasectomy and there has been some link to T levels dropping. Didn't help he did one side twice...
Probalby explains the man boobs LOL, I'm slender and fit and normally spend 2 to 3 days a week in the dojo

I'm no doc but also understand the estrogen does something for your bone protection.

Certain diets can also increase your test. Dont waste your money at GNC or any other health food store on anything other than protien and aminos. Take in plenty of protien and amino acids and you should be fine. Im 5'10 and cut from 265 to 205, always kept my protien intake around 220 grams a day and gained strenth while cutting. Its all in the meal plan.

Dont know about the rest of the guys but for me I tried "Tribulus" and have to admit I noticed a definite change in aggresion and attitude but not so much in strength.As a downside my wife was about to divorce me and could see a change within 3 days of taking just one capsule a day.Im a quiet laidback guy 6'2 220 42yrs old and this stuff made me feel great!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SagebrushShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

There are some studies out there that have shown that a good quality ZMA (magnesium and zinc) supplemnet (chelated mineral) can boost free unbound testosterone in healthy males on the order of 1%-3%, which is almost nothing but might give you a slight increase in libido but that's it. </div></div>

I was about to post the same. I started ZMA two days ago, but for the sleeping benefit. I have my doubts as to its ability to increase testosterone.

Other than prescription drugs or juice there isn't any way to increase it, and unless you are suffering from clinically low test or want to juice up there's no need to do so.

As far as using steroids go it's not just "take a shot in the ass, get big in a month." You will need to work hard, eat like a horse (if you're trying lose 50lbs probably not what you want in the first place) and the drugs themselves aren't cheap and are a felony.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunslinger169</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't know about the rest of the guys but for me I tried "Tribulus" and have to admit I noticed a definite change in aggression and attitude but not so much in strength.As a downside my wife was about to divorce me and could see a change within 3 days of taking just one capsule a day.I'm a quiet laidback guy 6'2 220 42yrs old and this stuff made me feel great!! </div></div>

I agree with you, the Bulgarian Tribulus Terrestris does increase test a small amount.
If you want the increase in test and still be legal, try the DAA, D-Aspartic Acid (DAA)I have used this and it did increase my test level, however, I am prone to migraine headaches and the DAA gives me one very quick.
I had to take a glass of water with the DAA over a 12 hour period to avoid the headache.
After all was said and done I went to the Dr. and got a script for the AndroGel.
Best move I've made for years.

Only way to significantly increase test levels is to juice. Long term abuse can lead to several health issues such as heart disease, liver damage, and kidney failure, damaged balls producing less natural test. Short term issues are pimples, hair loss, aggression, high cholesterol levels, and depression. Do your research before you decide to juice. Natural gains are ideal, and is a must for anyone into fitness. Quick fixes are temporary and shouldnt be used to simply just get big fast.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FightingFit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK so, testosterone is the male hormone, it’s what makes a man a man, (besides the meat and two veg), correct?
So more testosterone equals more aggression, strength, stamina and general “Manliness”, correct?
So are there any over the counter testosterone boasters that actually work and can these be taken on an ongoing basis like say a multi vitamin?You don't need anymore Testosterone than you body naturally has already. Too much can make your heart as hard as a stone too.
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rarebreed93</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> the Bulgarian Tribulus Terrestris does increase test a small amount.
If you want the increase in test and still be legal, try the DAA, D-Aspartic Acid (DAA)I have used this and it did increase my test level,\</div></div>

Rarebreed:

Did you have your test levels tested while you were taking DAA? How much of an increase did you see?

Thanks,
-Chris