• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Texas demonrats

tomcatmv

Private
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2017
Central Texas
Cowards in the State legislature all left the State in a chartered jet to prevent a quorum for a vote on the voter ID bill. Our Gov. Abbott says they'll be arrested when they return and brought to Austin for a special session vote. Hope so, gotta love Texas.

They should still hold the vote "All Opposed" so as I hear it no one is opposed great motion passed.

Reactions: Mwalex
Republicants did this same thing in OR a few years back. It’s not a problem unique to the demonrats. Fire them all.

Reps in Wisconsin did it a few years back. Went south over the border to Illinois. I don't recall the end result.

I wonder if there is a way to have a quorum without those shit bags being present? Not sure if there is some procedural end run. This could easily become a trend when it comes time to vote on legislation that is not communist approved.

Reactions: Wisconsinner
Cowards in the State legislature all left the State in a chartered jet to prevent a quorum for a vote on the voter ID bill. Our Gov. Abbott says they'll be arrested when they return and brought to Austin for a special session vote. Hope so, gotta love Texas.

Hi,

Why would they be brought to Austin for special session vote upon their arrest instead of the County Jail for booking, arraignment and trial?

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: tomcatmv
Hi,

Why would they be brought to Austin for special session vote upon their arrest instead of the County Jail for booking, arraignment and trial?

Sincerely,
Theis
Can you imagine the media shit storm that would ensue? Arresting political enemies...blah, blah, blah. I would love to see it.

Weren't these shit heads going to Washington to lobby another group of shit heads to remove the filibuster?

State officials, regardless of party, pull this shit they should be extradited back to their home state, arrested and removed from office. Assume that their vote will be "No" and move on. They fight extradition have them removed from office remotely and filled by someone else.

Reactions: tomcatmv
Imagine if we had to have a quorum to hold a general election. Fuck.

The rules of the legislature should be changed to "The votes are scheduled for x date. If you are not present, you don't vote. Period."