• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Texas help

irishshooter

Super Mario Kart World Champion 1997
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2008
Ireland
An Ex-Marine buddy of mine living in Texas did me a good turn of late, I would like to send him a bottle of Irish or Scotch Whiskey as a token of my appreciation. However can you just walk into any liqour store in Texas and buy any brand of Irish or Scotch you want? The reason I ask is I dont want to send him something he can buy easily at home.

Any pointers would be appreciated!

Irishshooter

Re: Texas help

You can get most everything here in the way of Scotch as far as Irish Whiskeys go, I have only really seen Jameson and Bushmill's. To give you an Idea of what is readily available, Specs Liquor. Just click the whiskey's tab to the left to see what is available here.

Cheers

best bet would be to find a local brew and send that to him. we have some pretty big liquor stores near DFW that you can get just about anything.

He lives in North Zulch,

Thanks for all replies so far
Irishshooter

Irish whiskey is my favorite drink. Liquor stores close to me have Jameson, Bushmills, Clontarf (my every day drink), Michael Collins, Feckin, Knappogue Castle, Powers, Tullamore Dew, Tyrconnell (I really like this one too), Redbreast (my absolute favorite), and more. I second the idea of sending something local if possible.

North Zulch is about 20 miles from me. He can be at a Specs in 15 minutes.

Before you send that 'Mother's Milk' this way from there, ask 'eddie o' about how the stuff he sent me never made it past whoever steals it upon entry into the US. Twice the bastards have purloined me fine drink and left me with a taped box with an empty space inside where a wee bit of fine drink should have been.
You would be better served using an American website or finding another way to send

That would also be a problem I think, back to the drawing board

Thanks
Irishshooter

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Before you send that 'Mother's Milk' this way from there, ask 'eddie o' about how the stuff he sent me never made it past whoever steals it upon entry into the US. Twice the bastards have purloined me fine drink and left me with a taped box with an empty space inside where a wee bit of fine drink should have been.
You would be better served using an American website or finding another way to send </div></div>