• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Texas hog hunting without a license

mahiman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2010
College Station, Texas
The governor recently signed a law that allows hunting for Farrell hogs without a hunting license.

It starts September 1 2019.

Time to get ready!!!!

Hmmm. Do you still need a license if you harvest the meat? Can’t find clarification on that point.

Reactions: Aescobar17
Shouldn’t be a license needed for any aspect. Currently need a license to hunt public grounds or to harvest the animals on private land. New rules basically help out the public land portion, but there’s a total of 5 1/2 (sarcasm obviously) acres of public land in Texas. The only other advantage was it’s not only for depredation only on private land now.

So as stated above, nothing really changed. I can shoot them on the ranch without a license just like before. And just like before when I see a tasty one I need a license to test my theory. Thanks for the heads up guys. 3 day weekend coming up for me. I’ll be doing my part on hog patrol!

Maybe it’s just me, but I’ll take every win no matter how small. This small action is a huge step forward from my perspective. Like what I’m seeing here!

It's been many years, but a game warden told me once that if I found hogs tearing up my farm or pastureland, I could shoot them and leave 'em where they lay. I don't think that part has changed here in Texas. I'll have to ask one of the new wardens.

Correct. I or an agent of my land can shoot and leave lay any hogs in any number at anytime without a license. License is required to harvest meat or if I lease the land for hunting, I do not.

If you can not afford a hunting license . how can you afford to buy ammo or the gas to hunt. If you cant afford a license you have other things to worry about and hunting isn't one of them

No is does not. If you cant afford to hunt in another state stay home. If you want to travel to another state to hunt have the money to hunt

Yes I saw that the first time you said it. What does that have to do with anything? Why would I pay an extra 40-50 dollars to go hunt a nuisance animal if I dont have to?

any information on how OUT OF STATE hunters can participate, or is this exclusive to Texans?

Hi,

Texas has suspended issuing travel Visas to anyone from California lol.

Sincerely,
Theis
They should! Californians have begun to ruin Texas already. There needs to be a moratorium so TX doesn't end up like CA.

They should! Californians have begun to ruin Texas already. There needs to be a moratorium so TX doesn't end up like CA.

I have nothing personal against Californians. But, as a lifelong Texan, I have noticed throughout the years that people will come here to escape the hellhole of a state they used to live in, but will then start voting in the same laws and politicians that turned their original state into a hellhole to begin with. Newcomers to Texas take note: Texas doesn't need to be "fixed." We got it the way we want it long before you came here.

I have nothing personal against Californians. But, as a lifelong Texan, I have noticed throughout the years that people will come here to escape the hellhole of a state they used to live in, but will then start voting in the same laws and politicians that turned their original state into a hellhole to begin with. Newcomers to Texas take note: Texas doesn't need to be "fixed." We got it the way we want it long before you came here.

Exactly, and that’s why they came here. Check your idiotic ideologies at the door, and you’re more than welcome.

I sure hope Texas can stem the flow of crazies (including the crazies here in Californians). They have a foothold there.

to put it another way are if you from the east or west coast stay there we don't need or want you here in TEXAS, stay home