• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing texas lifetime hunting license

txfireman

Private
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2009
wichita falls,texas
if anyone was on the fence about buying the texas lifetime super combo, now would be a good time to get one, this license is going from $1,000 to $1,800 on the 31st of august. i just boughtone today for my newborn son.

Re: texas lifetime hunting license

i JUST read on the TSRA website that the state is giving some away to those that make application for the drawing of same

i think you can also buy some chances as well, i wasnt taking an $800 chance on my boys license though. he is only 2 weeks old, but i'll bet its the best $1,000 i spend on him

I got one in KS before moving accross the state line to MO and you're right, money well spent!

Yes, Jeff, Thank you! I was just about to post you have to fax or mail it in. I have been wanting to get the lifetime for a while now, and I am getting 2 of them (one for my 4 year old son)!
txfireman- you're awesome! Thanks for the post and intel!

You're very welcome. It is money well spent. Even better, the fees go into an endowment for TPWD rather than just the general fund.

thats awsome chad, i tried talking all my buds into doing the same thing. i know times are tight right now, but its pretty rare to be given a heads-up (especialy by the govt) about such a dramatic price increase so that a guy can actually help himself before its too late.

Do it and don't look back if you possibly can. Wished many times I had done it. I was born and raised in TX and didn't bite the bullet before I moved out of state thinking I would be moving back soon. Well, its 20 years later and I have to buy an out-of-state license each year just to hunt on my own land.

BTW, is the cost of out-of-state licenses increasing this year?

That blows. me and the wife are going tonight to get our yrly cobo.... Might be re-thinking that... I guess this means the annuals may be going up drastically in the upcomming years?

Also, the 1000 is for the Hunting AND Fishing lifetime combo. You can get just the hunting for 600 or the Fishing for 600 and add the other later. Probly not for 400 though, I'm not sure on that.

I have had my lifetime hunting and fishing license for 14 years now. It is among the best money I have ever spent.

One other added bonus: when you are visited by a friendly Texas Game Warden, I believe they look upon a lifetime license holder in a slightly more favorable light, from the get-go, than would otherwise be the case.

I could be wrong, but I know several of them personally, and that seems to be the consensus.

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">The TPWD website shows it at $1800 already for a combo ($1000 for hunting). </span>

Where does it say that it is still $600?

NEVERMIND... it's on the page where you download the license

Just faxed mine in!! Hunting only, but glad I don't have to mess with it anymore.

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that the regular fees will rise very soon. I think they jack the lifetime up first to deter people from going that route before they start jacking up the yearly fees.

At least that is how I see it.

WooHoo!!! Just got confirmation that my lifetime hunting license went through. I was starting to sweat as I sent the packet in on the last day but my credit card was not charged until today!!

I sent mine in a week before, and they just charged mine a few days ago. Still waiting on the license, though. She said it would take about 3 weeks to do them all.