• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Texas Rattlesnake

hilbillee

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2008
Franklin, NC
Saw this pic of a rattler that was supposed to have been killed in Texas. From what I could gather it weighed nearly 100 lbs., and was a little better than 8 ft. long. Regardless of how long it was or what it weighed I definitely wouldn't want to come face to face with one like it.
Snakepic.jpg

Re: Texas Rattlesnake

seen the same pic years ago saying it was caught in a michagan factory (abandoned)

whatever the case...holy sh*T!

Diamondbacks don't live in Michigan...they have their own rattlesnake called a Massasagua....pretty mild mannered little rattlers.

I certainly don't buy 100 pounds, considering the little dude holding him up doesn't appear to be straining much...

An 8 foot rattlesnake would weigh about 25 pounds...

This is an old pic. I don't remember everything about it, but it was proved to be fake.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cinch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is an old pic. I don't remember everything about it, but it was proved to be fake. </div></div>

That snake has been claimed to be from about every state. I know Georgia was one of them.

Also remember someone saying that the pole he used was WAY long (I know..."THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID") putting it much closer to the camera then the dude holding it. I'm not a camera guy so don't know.........

Keith

I get so tired of seeing these forced perspective photos. Hunters are the worlds worst for it to make their decent deer appear monstrous.

The snake is positioned out in front of the man. The camera is close to the snake with a wide angle setting on the camera. This stretches the perspective even more and makes the snake look huge.

Remember the pic of the kid behind the hog that looked bigger than a VW Beetle? Yep, the hog was huge but that kid was no midget and the hog was not that big. He was probably 8-10 feet behind the hog and forced perspective was used. It's a parlor trick of photography and drives me crazy.

If you get a nice kill, then just take a good photo and don't try to lie to everyone about how big it actually was.

Rant OFF!

Charlie

All I know is that the stick isn't long like suggested. Looks just like the ones we used in animal control to remove snakes. The stick wasn't 3 ft. long. Regardless of where it was from it's something I wouldn't want to tangle with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CharlieTN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I get so tired of seeing these forced perspective photos. Hunters are the worlds worst for it to make their decent deer appear monstrous.
</div></div>

Hey!!!
The dang fishermen started it!
grin.gif

It is a big snake though.

Dad saw a snake this summer, its body was on the second strand down of a 6 strand barb wire fence, head and tail were both on the ground. He didnt have anything to kill it so let it go. Dont know how long that would make it, but know its damn bigger than I want to see.

No such thing as an 8 foot eastern diamondback rattlesnake. They don't grow that large. A 6 footer is a huge adult and you may see one rarely, and it will have 10 or more scales on the rattle. I killed a large one in 1977 that was about 6 foot and had 13 scales on the rattle. It weighed about 30 pounds, It had one mostly digested rat and one recently eaten (big fukkin) rat in it's belly. It was lying in the sun asleep. My brother and I walked up to it and shot it in the head with a .22. It crawled around in my trunk for an hour before it finally got still.
We did eat some of it that night (after liberal doses of PBR) and it tasted a lot like frog legs.

You dont know how big it is because it looks to be cropped...haven't you guys ever looked for nude celebs?

You should check out Mac's Gun Shop they have a picture posted inside with one big black guy that is obviosly struggling a bit more than this guy...and its real because it was taken with an old film camera.