• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Texas Residents Have Contamination Concerns After Solar Panel's Damaged

Oh well, shit happens. Stupidity sometimes hurts.

But they should look on the bright side as they are slowly poisoned, they are helping to save the planet!

Reactions: Animal357
Solar and wind power are an environmental Catastrophe. They exist as part of a nefarious plan to hoax the middle class to voluntarily enslave themselves to self appointed tyrannical masters.

The plan is working. Yeah, that sucks.

The new green energy like all things pushed and subsidized by the corrupt DC beltway is a scam to launder 100's
of billions of dollars to the political class and their donor class masters! While bankrupting the middle class and forcing socialized ideology on all the western world! Everything politically motivated in the western world is a scam! To transfer wealth and further globalization and control of all western culture!

They just don't want a middle class....

They want the poors and the rich.....nothing else. They want people dependent on the .gov tit so we will be a peaceful bunch.

They want to control everything about our lives....

Doc

I'm willing to bet that there was an engineer that spec'd out a glass, or polycarbonate that would have resisted this type of damage, but a bean counter in corporate decided to save a few dollars and go with a cheaper, less durable option.

Branden
Specced out to the cheapest panels that they could import from China to save a few bucks

We had one last year in the next town over that broke pretty much every car window in town and even beat the bark off a bunch of trees killing them. We caught the edge of it. I got a couple hail dents 1/2" deep or better on my shit box subaru. Our nicer car was untouched. The two dents on my subaru are about 6 inches apart. I would think you would need some pretty tough seemly unnessarliy expensive stuff when you start talking baseball to softball sized hail.

Reactions: Mudburner
We had one last year in the next town over that broke pretty much every car window in town and even beat the bark off a bunch of trees killing them. We caught the edge of it. I got a couple hail dents 1/2" deep or better on my shit box subaru. Our nicer car was untouched. The two dents on my subaru are about 6 inches apart. I would think you would need some pretty tough seemly unnessarliy expensive stuff when you start talking baseball to softball sized hail.
This is but one of many reasons that solar is an impractical scam. Wind power same thing.

Reactions: samadisoulcrusher
Could be Branden, but if you've never been through a Texas hailstorm you ain't seen a hailstorm.
Largest hail i've personally seen was on the backside of the Tornado that came through Kansas City in 2003. After it passed close by, it dropped large hail, about 2" diameter.

I've had a number of friends and customers send me pics of 3" hail.

I know they say everything bigger in Texas, but that doesn't mean hail only happens in Texas. Colorado east of the rockies has been getting absolutely hammered with large hail for years.

Branden

Reactions: Mudburner
Solar and wind power are an environmental Catastrophe. They exist as part of a nefarious plan to hoax the middle class to voluntarily enslave themselves to self appointed tyrannical masters.

The plan is working. Yeah, that sucks.
Remember uranium one. They are telling us natural gas is bad now. They have been on a push to eliminate hydro and coal.....but nothing about nuclear.

Expect them to push small scale nuclear down our throats in every lake and river around.

Reactions: BurtG
Reactions: stemikel
I design and have done a lot of cost analysis on solar for large corporations. In the end the cost evens out with solar. You are either paying solar equipment and install fees or the utility company, but at the end of 20 years its the same.

After being shown the data, most of these large corporations proceed, but not because of cost, but for politics. We place them toward the road, not hidden, they want them out front.

The environmental impact is probably higher with solar, but just guessing on that. Mining materials, building the panels, the wiring, the electronics, all other supporting systems, and then disposal. Maybe its the same?????

I dont partake in solar systems, no value. Maybe that changes on the desolate property I recently bought.

If you're somewhere power is scarce or want to be absent of "the man", solar is a fair option. Cost is the same.

Solar & wind are two more ways to harvest & use natural energy. Both seem to be high technology, subject to easy failure... however... My grandmother used solar & wind to dry her clothes, etc. so there is that....

If my expensive home solar system breaks (made in fucking China inverter & battery/switches/breaker) I have NO WAY to fix it. None.

Amish around here probly laugh at people who use modern technology. All the while using what has worked for 400 years.

Largest hail i've personally seen was on the backside of the Tornado that came through Kansas City in 2003. After it passed close by, it dropped large hail, about 2" diameter.

I've had a number of friends and customers send me pics of 3" hail.

I know they say everything bigger in Texas, but that doesn't mean hail only happens in Texas. Colorado east of the rockies has been getting absolutely hammered with large hail for years.

Branden
2 inches is about what I have seen in person. I saw some pictures of grapefruit sized hail stones from that one last year.

I have seen them coming down in big balls of small hail that break apart when they hit. Golf ball to baseball sized. We have been lucky. Two years ago town got slammed. Everyone from a block north of us east go blasted. We had hail scars on some fruit but didn't really even loose any garden plants. About 7 years ago we got hit by one that pretty much stripped everything green down to the ground. The garden just looked like guacamole with an odd stem left up right here and there.

I see this clown is still copy-pasting articles to garner info for his Fed buddies

Solar & wind are two more ways to harvest & use natural energy. Both seem to be high technology, subject to easy failure... however... My grandmother used solar & wind to dry her clothes, etc. so there is that....

If my expensive home solar system breaks (made in fucking China inverter & battery/switches/breaker) I have NO WAY to fix it. None.

Amish around here probly laugh at people who use modern technology. All the while using what has worked for 400 years.
I've worked on 100 year old generators in hydro that are still running wooden bearings. What's the service life of a wind turbine? Who balances the spikes?

They can't do away with hydro and keep on keepin on without MASSIVE efforts to regulate the power.

I've worked on 100 year old generators in hydro that are still running wooden bearings. What's the service life of a wind turbine? Who balances the spikes?

They can't do away with hydro and keep on keepin on without MASSIVE efforts to regulate the power.

The blades have a fairly short life span. "they" say 20 years but that is BS, other non .gov/NWO sources say if they go 5 years that is a good run. The stresses are just huge. They also have issues when they load up with snow in the winter, the are not made to take stresses in that way, so you can see trucks out in the field de-ice them, and one article I read say they now heat the blades with.....you guessed it, generators.

At the end of their life they end up in land fills.

One study I saw said it would take roughly 70 years to offset the "carbon" to build one single large wind turbine. The steel, concrete, transportation of everything, setting it up and getting it ready to put power someplace it can be used.

That all said.....

I am pretty sold on it, provided it is used in a way that will work. Want to know what that is.

Stick it on the side of my house. You want it on your house stick it there. I don't want any big wind turbines, the vultures are cool to watch, the cranes are cool to watch. Birds don't understand a great big fan in the sky. That is not normal or natural.

Don't make me do it, let me do it if I want to.

The common solar panels really have very little chance of leaching toxic metals into the environment, the chemicals used in production of the cells are "bound" into the materials. But since the wire "grids" on the cells are silver, there's a very strong incentive to reclaim the broken cells.
As far as the glass goes, anyone who has ever had a cell phone screen broken knows even the toughest glass can break. Plastic would become cloudy after a few years, so not really a good option.
This shit's all made in China now...except for a Swiss/German company that is actually moving production to the US thanks to more favorable tax status for domestic production. They're moving out of Europe because the EU isnt doing anything to protect against importation of below-cost Chinese product

Odessa TX has a plant that recycles 95% of solar panels.

Reactions: johnnyvw
The common solar panels really have very little chance of leaching toxic metals into the environment, the chemicals used in production of the cells are "bound" into the materials. But since the wire "grids" on the cells are silver, there's a very strong incentive to reclaim the broken cells.
As far as the glass goes, anyone who has ever had a cell phone screen broken knows even the toughest glass can break. Plastic would become cloudy after a few years, so not really a good option.
This shit's all made in China now...except for a Swiss/German company that is actually moving production to the US thanks to more favorable tax status for domestic production. They're moving out of Europe because the EU isnt doing anything to protect against importation of below-cost Chinese product

I have a feeling the silver in the panels is like the gold in computer chips. It is not worth the effort, and getting it back out is really nasty business.

We have storms that are to roll in today. I hope I get home in time to put covers over mine.

Odessa TX has a plant that recycles 95% of solar panels.

Glad to see some companies are starting to do this. I've worked in the production of the cells for almost 40 years...there was a time not so long ago they didn't produce as much power over their lifetime as it took to make them, so they were only really viable for "off grid" usage. I've seen a lot of changes in the production methods, and a lot of "experiments" that didn't pan out (remember Solyndra? Those cells definitely had some nasty materials in them). There was also a time that the silicon material was worth more than gold...it just wasn't available and there was a lot of recycling schemes going on. And that's the biggest hurdle, making it economically viable.