• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Texas State Fair with my CCW

glocksig40

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2009
Noth Dallas 40 Texas
The Texas state fair is going on for the next month and you can pack your carry pistol with you. Its not well known that you can carry inside the fair but it is documented on the fair website. I took my wife and kids yesterday. The only requirement was that I checked in with an on duty police officer at the gate and showed him my license. No issues. He looked at the license and said "enjoy the fair". Good to live in Texas....

Re: Texas State Fair with my CCW

Thats cool....We cant carry into any place that charges admin..........

Except within the Cotton Bowl. We get assigned on the perimeter and I would
recommend anyone with a CHL carry for their protection, especially that area. We already had a parking lot incident involving a shooting.

Must be something new. Back when I was a cop in Dallas, carry was not allowed in the fair because the city intentionally designated the fair as an amusement park that was open more than 120 days, for the sole reason of not allowing carry. Wonder what changed.

The difference between can and may comes down to two hands or a metal detector.

Good luck

I showed my license to the lady at the gate and she never used the wand on me, she just walked me over to the police stand and when he said it was ok she let me go on in.

It's true. I went after Cowboy's game and same deal. 5 years ago they said no. Had to walk back to the car.

There was a shooting at our Fair here in Ft. Smith, Arkansas. Said it was Gang related, more like Gang Retarded I hate all the dumb ass white trash and mexican trash that comes out of the south side of Ft. Smith. Fucking shit hole. I have been going to that Fair since I was a kid And the shit always seems to find its way in there.

I hope Iowa finally allows us to carry at the fair after "beat whitey night this year"........