• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Texas/TCU - what happened at the end?

hollowoutadime

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2014
Watching the game, TCU up by 4pts on 4th and 6yd on their own ~20 and decides to try to run the clock out. Time "appeared" to expire as TCU committed a penalty.
Refs, unsure, seemed to just end the game. Didn't Texas have an "untimed" play coming - ie force kick after safety?

They said that penalties on scoring plays don’t carry over. Thus, game over. But, to answer your question, Texas got Hermaned again. #FireTomHerman

I've seen in the NFL (college rules may be different) but you can run out the clock by wasting time AND commiting penalties, eventually commiting a safety (usually on a punt). Several Coaches have done so (Ravens, Pats, etc). Its if the DEFENSE commits the penalty, then the offense gets the untimed play. However, if the offense scores on itself, even while flagrantly commiting penalties (holds mainly are what you see), game over.

link to example:

wait, you guys wanted texas to win?? U of Texas is a liberal breeding ground!! go horned frogs!!!!! Lets be honest they should have lost against TT. #UTisoverrated

Puh-lease. ALL universities are liberal breeding grounds to one extent or another. I'm a UT Alum. You only get out of it what you take in. The curriculum in the School of Nat Sci didn't leave a lot of room for liberal indoc. But, yeah, the 'horns should have lost to Tech. And, Texas is ALWAYS overrated to begin the season. There shouldn't be any ranking before mid-October anyway. Did I mention #FireTomHerman?
The OU/TX game will make for an interesting one!
Pillow-fight of the week...

I hate them Red Raiders
And the Baylor Bears
Let the Aggies keep their 12th man
I just don't care
So long Nebraska
I guess we beat you too much
And never forget
OU SUCKS!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sniperwannabee
Puh-lease. ALL universities are liberal breeding grounds to one extent or another. I'm a UT Alum. You only get out of it what you take in. The curriculum in the School of Nat Sci didn't leave a lot of room for liberal indoc. But, yeah, the 'horns should have lost to Tech. And, Texas is ALWAYS overrated to begin the season. There shouldn't be any ranking before mid-October anyway. Did I mention #FireTomHerman?

Pillow-fight of the week...

I hate them Red Raiders
And the Baylor Bears
Let the Aggies keep their 12th man
I just don't care
So long Nebraska
I guess we beat you too much
And never forget
OU SUCKS!

We may suck, be we sucked less than y’all today!!🤣

I made this meme when Mack was fired. Just as appropriate today as it was then...

E7C752B9-0218-448B-B03F-93D96A0BA954.jpeg

Reactions: Sniperwannabee