• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Texturing Stock

nashlaw

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2006
manchester, tn
Few days ago, i took a McMillan Marksman that has been a beat around stock for me and decided to mod it. I have applied and removed several coats of rattle can and the stock is, as it happens, is one of my favorites. Usually, a 700 with a MTU in .308 rides in it. I have seen many rifles with texturing and thought i would try it on my workhorse.

I taped it off and mixed up my Marine Tex and had at it. I was very pleased with the workmanship (surprised myself) and the feel of the rifle. I was surprised at the perceived improvement of the ergonomics. It just feels good. This is right up there with Krylon for ease of application and it makes the rifle more user friendly.

My picture posting is hit or miss. If you Google "stock texturing tutorial snipershideb", you should find at least one excellent post on this site. It is a very good modification anyone can do and get a nice, cheap feeling of satisfaction. This is a good stepping stone for a new guy wanting to move on to bedding his rifle.