• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TFCT-34 or TFCT-34L

oniak

Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2013
Oregon
I have two other tripods that have been okay. But, I finally decided to pull the trigger on a RRS tripod. I've read through all the threads I could find pertaining to the 3-series RRS tripods. I like the more compact collapsed length of the TFCT-34, but I also like the longer maximum extended length of the TFCT-34L. I'm right at about 6ft tall. I don't plan on packing this around for hunting. Just not sure if I would ever utilize the longer length of the TFCT-34L. I have a separate tripod for my spotter. Any recommendations as far as TFCT-34 vs TFCT-34L? Happy Thanksgiving!

I also have the standard and don't ever see myself needing more height. I'm 6', so unless you're taller or see yourself using it on very uneven ground I would think standard would be more than fine.

For hunting I might opt for a 24L, but I wanted the 4 sections to keep it compact and able to go on carry-on. The "L" might take away that ability

Last edited:
I appreciate all the replies. Can anyone with a 34L tell me what the height is when the bottom last leg sections are not extended? Thanks.

I appreciate all the replies. Can anyone with a 34L tell me what the height is when the bottom last leg sections are not extended? Thanks.
Their website shows 51.8” with 3 of the 4 legs extended. I would have to measure to verify but that seems close.

Just measured, 51 3/4 to the base and 54 1/4 to the top of the Anvil head on the Fixed Apex model. I‘m 6‘ tall and would definitely get the L model (24or 34).

Thanks HillBilly n Tx! I really appreciate you doing that. And thanks for the recommendation. Going to order the 34L tonight.

Reactions: HillBilly n TX
Good choice with the 34L. It's about perfect height on flat surface without needing to extend the lower section. Then you will have Xtra length for leveling on downside slopes or looking upslope off the flats.

Reactions: Mrindecisive