• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thank you GAP!

Sawyer

no one
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2008
Bird Rock
So my spec built M40A1 on my return stock arrived yesterday afternoon. WOW! Is all I can say. I have looked at all the others on here for SO long and drooled. This is my first precision LR rifle and I am still lost for words! Thank you! I mounted a scope on her last night and went to the range to break in the barrel per the directions you provided. It was my first time breaking in a barrel in this way. In the past I have never done it that way.... In fact we never did a break-in process other than just going out and putting 20 rounds down range and cleaning it, calling it a day...

I didnt expect anything out of the trip other than just the break-in and a bunch of holes.... as I shot and then cleaned, shot and cleaned, I could believe what was unfolding before me.... every shot was going in the same spot.... at the end of 15 rounds... I had one hole a little bigger than a quarter... Now, I know that aint much to brag about.... but it was more than I expected for this trip. Hell it was more than I expected out of myself for a while...

I have a lot of work to do on my form and skill. So thanks to everyone on this site for all I have learned while sifting through the abundance of information. Thanks to the Hide member hat helped me to get the parts for this build without sticking it to me at a time when the prices on the return stocks where going insane. Now to spend more time in the advanced training area reading...

Thanks to everyone. I will post up some pics soon. Now I just have to wait for my MST-100 to arrive......

Cheers guys!

Re: Thank you GAP!

Sounds excellent ! Congratulations! GAP is building mine right now on a return smear. So, needless to say I'm waiting for the rifle and the MST-100. I can't wait to see your PICS !

Happy for you man! It certainly makes it harder to for me to wait on my 300 win mag. Hopefully it will be soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Happy for you man! It certainly makes it harder to for me to wait on my 300 win mag. Hopefully it will be soon. </div></div>

+1 Im waiting on a 7mm mag. If it shoots as good as your rifle, I am going to have to send my .308 LTR to get the GAP treatment. This is why you should never buy high end optics or rifles, after you do, nothing else will be good enough lol.

-dan

Pic as promised... Hope this works....

m7ugyf.jpg

Yeah it worked! It has my SH IOR on her until my MST-100 seralized to match arrives... That is a coyote stock pack and a TAB sling.

Looks nice ! Will you be changing that rail out for the MST-100 mount or is the rail permanent ? What barrel is that? Looks to be a little thicker than the M40 spec...

Thanks Guys! Yes I will be putting a MST-100 on her. I am waiting on it to come in. It will have a serial matching the rifle. It will also has the correct mount from USO. The barrel is a spec barrel. I will put some more rounds through her this weekend.... But, so far I have only done the barrel break-in....

Very nice rifle. Shoot the heck out of her.