• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thank you!

aur0ra145

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 25, 2012
DFW, TX
First off,

I'd like to thank this whole community for the vast amount of knowledge found here. Especially, the classifieds section. I was able to get several things for this rifle at great prices from other members.

About 6 months ago, I decided to build a precision rifle which I've wanted for the last couple of years. I saved money and finally bought a Black Friday special 700 ADL from dicks. Before that, I got a scope, base and rings from the great people at SWFA (I can't say enough good things about those guys. Top notch.) Then, BDL and stock from the classifieds. Triad provided me with a stock pack and rear bag.

Last week I loaded up my first batch of ammo. The Reloading for Precision Rifle series here helped me immensely! I decided on 178gn AMAX's and Hodgdon 4895 with Federal 210 primers.

Well, I finally made it out to the range and chambered the first round. I closed my eyes, said a short prayer, "Please God, don't let my gun explode and kill me." Then I squeezed off the first round. 1 mil low from my previous zero w/ 168gn round that was at 7000ft, the range today was at 640ft w/ density alt at around 0.

I eventually found the best accuracy node, and I must say any error in shooting is due to me, this rifle is a shooter. I'm relieved to see the fruits of my investments and hard work. Now I just need to work on my shooting ability.

Sorry I didn't take more pictures, I got to the range late and had to test my reloads pretty quickly.

Thanks everyone, I'm hooked.

Attachments

• rifle.jpg
    rifle.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 9
  • tragetpicture1.jpg
    tragetpicture1.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 5
  • tragetpicture2.jpg
    tragetpicture2.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 5
You are off to a much better start than I was at your age. In the early 80s, if you wanted info you had to count on printed media, local shooters and general gunlore that might or not be on point. When I started shooting, my area was infested with 22-250s and to shoot a .30 cal was considered near blasphemy.

You are in good company here.