• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RJW

Old Retarded Top
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2004
Indiana
40 years ago I bought an Alessi shoulder holster for the " ridiculous" amount of $40.
After all the years of carrying a 1911, the holster retention snap came apart.

Called Alessi to get it repaired. No charge for repairs as they told me there was a life time warranty. Dropped in the mail and it is back home in 2 weeks. Even buffed out some severely scarred up leather.

Great customer service from an old US manufacturer.

Re: Thanks Alessi

I had almost the opposite happen to me with a DeSantis holster.

Maybe a month old and a snap broke.

They wanted me to mail it to them, purchase a new snap, pay them to install it and pay to mail it back.

They wouldn't pick up a dime of it.

They wouldn't sell me a snap and mail it to me either.

Just a gigantic shove it up your ass.

They will never see another penny of mine, or anyone else who takes my advise.

+1 for Alessi though.

I've never had the pleasure of owning one, but I hear good things.

Alessi isn't the same since the old man died and the kids took an interest in things. The product just isn't the same, raw materials or quality of construction. Just my 2¢.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alessi isn't the same since the old man died and the kids took an interest in things. The product just isn't the same, raw materials or quality of construction. Just my 2¢. </div></div>

gv0yY.png

<span style="font-weight: bold">Veer, I'm sure you have first hand proof of lesser quality and proof of your purchase of Alessi holsters both pre Lou's death and post Lou's death. </span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">You would never just be regurgitating what you read on the internet as your own knowledge</span> and badmouth an family-run, made in the U.S.A. company that makes excellent <span style="font-weight: bold">CUSTOM</span> holsters that take time and LEO gets bumped to the front of the line. Would you?

<span style="font-weight: bold">Waiting for you to back up your disparaging claims first hand...(with proof)</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Lou made/makes great holsters.</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alessi isn't the same since the old man died and the kids took an interest in things. The product just isn't the same, raw materials or quality of construction. Just my 2¢. </div></div>

gv0yY.png

<span style="font-weight: bold">Veer, I'm sure you have first hand proof of lesser quality and proof of your purchase of Alessi holsters both pre Lou's death and post Lou's death. </span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">You would never just be regurgitating what you read on the internet as your own knowledge</span> and badmouth an family-run, made in the U.S.A. company that makes excellent <span style="font-weight: bold">CUSTOM</span> holsters that take time and LEO gets bumped to the front of the line.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Waiting for you to back up your disparaging claims first hand...</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Lou made/<span style="color: #FF0000">makes</span> great holsters.</span> </div></div>

LOU'S DEAD, YOU <span style="font-style: italic">IDIOT!</span> He isn't making anything these days but fodder for worms and daisies.

I have holsters made by Alessi before his demise, and I've handled several different examples of what is now being put out under his name. They aren't the same, and I'm on first-name, face-to-face speaking terms with one of his two former distributors, and he agrees wholeheartedly.

Go back under your rock, chubby chaser.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alessi isn't the same since the old man died and the kids took an interest in things. The product just isn't the same, raw materials or quality of construction. Just my 2¢. </div></div>

gv0yY.png

<span style="font-weight: bold">You would never just be regurgitating what you read on the internet as your own knowledge</span> and badmouth an family-run, made in the U.S.A. company that makes excellent <span style="font-weight: bold">CUSTOM</span> holsters that take time and LEO gets bumped to the front of the line.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Waiting for you to back up your disparaging claims first hand...</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Lou made/<span style="color: #FF0000">makes</span> great holsters.</span> </div></div>

LOU'S DEAD, YOU <span style="font-style: italic">IDIOT!</span> He isn't making anything these days but fodder for worms and daisies.

<span style="font-weight: bold">I have holsters made by Alessi before his demise, and I've handled several different examples of what is now being put out under his name. They aren't the same, and I'm on first-name, face-to-face speaking terms with one of his two former distributors, and he agrees wholeheartedly.</span>

Go back under your rock, chubby chaser. </div></div>

So you badmouth the company? Just as I thought. LOL. Lick the orange Cheeto stains off your fingers before you google search for more of your extensive expertise and knowledge.

It was good of them to honor the warranty, no less than what I would have done, to honor the commitment of their departed father. But what they're putting out today isn't what Lou did. That was my point. I got my first Alessi holster back in '85, but I wouldn't put any money into what they produce these days. Really, it seems to be about on a par with Tagua.

I know that it's probably tough on you here, hanging out with all these luminaries, so you get a bit crusty, edgy, and defensive, especially about your proclivities. But wouldn't your time be better spent otherwise?

http://spokane.craigslist.org/m4w/3528931529.html

So, tell me, do they like Cheetos?

<span style="font-weight: bold">ETA:</span>

It's a good thing that I thought to screen-cap it. Folks were wondering why it was that the ad got flagged for removal right after I posted the link.

Zsah5.png

laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lick the orange Cheeto stains off your fingers before you google search for more of your extensive expertise and knowledge. </div></div>

I'm actually eating the Flamining Hot cheetos right now... hahahahahahah
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was good of them to honor the warranty, no less than what I would have done, to honor the commitment of their departed father. But what they're putting out today isn't what Lou did. That was my point. I got my first Alessi holster back in '85, but I wouldn't put any money into what they produce these days. Really, it seems to be about on a par with Tagua.

I know that it's probably tough on you here, hanging out with all these luminaries, so you get a bit crusty, edgy, and defensive, especially about your proclivities. But wouldn't your time be better spent otherwise?

It's a good thing that I thought to screen-cap it. Folks were wondering why it was that the ad got flagged for removal right after I posted the link.

Zsah5.png

laugh.gif
</div></div>

Veer the fat f&ck making constant derogatory comments about fat people:

aHUS4.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">There are a number of religious prohibitions in Sikhism.
Prohibited are:

Worthless talk: Bragging, lying, slander, "back-stabbing", etc. are not permitted. The Guru Granth Sahib tells the Sikh, "Your mouth has not stopped slandering and gossiping about others. Your service is useless and fruitless."[53]

</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was good of them to honor the warranty, no less than what I would have done, to honor the commitment of their departed father. But what they're putting out today isn't what Lou did. That was my point. I got my first Alessi holster back in '85, but I wouldn't put any money into what they produce these days. Really, it seems to be about on a par with Tagua.

Zsah5.png

laugh.gif
</div></div>

Veer the fat f&ck making constant derogatory comments about fat people:

aHUS4.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">There are a number of religious prohibitions in Sikhism.
Prohibited are:

Worthless talk: Bragging, lying, slander, "back-stabbing", etc. are not permitted. The Guru Granth Sahib tells the Sikh, "Your mouth has not stopped slandering and gossiping about others. Your service is useless and fruitless."[53]

</span> </div></div>

The concept that you're talking about is called "nindeya."

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Ninda

If you're really so worried about my Sikhi and my spiritual health, perhaps you'd drop the attacks on my appearance and my practice of it.

You had no real dog in a discussion of Alessi, and my sole comment was to balance the good that they did with my perception of their current offerings. So why did you wade into this, and just what sort of glass house do you live in that you would think it fair for you, either in terms of being a decent human being or the terms of use of this board, to start up constantly about my religion?

I got tired of it and found what looked like you out on the internet, trolling for another victim to smother in carbohydrates for your sexual gratification. Sure enough, the ad got flagged and pulled. Hmmm. You've pushed, and pushed, and pushed, and I pushed back. That doesn't make me a bad Sikh. That makes me one who's working on it, and even though I don't expect to square all of my past karma in this go-round, I'm trying.

Like I said, if you care so much, lay off the commentary, lest you or someone else get the idea that it's okay to pull this crap with people because they look or think a bit differently from you.

Lou Alessi was a good man and his family is attempting to carry on his legacy with pride and keep his ideals alive. You are the one that waded into an appreciation thread and contradicted everything you preach and at the same time cry about.

You should be ashamed at kicking a U.S. family business trying hard to live up their father's standards and fill his footsteps. If you believe what you posted, this was not the thread for it.

Also, Tagua holsters that you compared Alessi's holsters to are made in Paraguay. For someone who compares old Alessi holsters to new Alessi holsters and then compares any Alessi holster to a Tagua holster shows your true colors. Disgraceful comparison at best.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dragoon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They're probably going through a learning curve ... </div></div>

Alessi Gun Holsters still carry on their dad's legacy/company:
http://www.alessigunholsters.com/

Here is the Allessi family's explanation:

http://shop.alessigunholsters.com/Store/Tab.aspx?tabid=3

paper.jpg

Lou Alessi passed in early 2009.

Then there are these guys who really make some quality leather work who were with Lou for a long time and here is the story.

http://www.ritchieholsters.com/

"About Us: Ritchie Leather Co. Inc
I'm Skip Ritchie and in January of 2010, my brother Bob and I opened up Ritchie Leather Co, Inc., makers of fine holsters and belts.

For those of you who don't know us, I'll give you a little background. In 1984 I became a partner in Alessi Custom Concealment Holster, with Lou Alessi and Matt Vassalo. This is when Lou taught me the art of holster making. Honing my skills until one day Lou said to me "Skip, I can't tell if you or I made this holster!".

In the late 80's early 90's we were very busy with government contracts and that's when my brother Bob would come on to help us out.

In the mid 90's the government contracts and business in general slowed down, thanks to the Clinton administration. I left the holster shop to pursue other endeavors while Lou kept the shop open.

In 2009 I heard Lou was sick again, and I went to help him out in my spare time along with two other close friends, Bruce and Rich. In a matter of hours, it was like old times. MaryLou, Louie along with Bruce, Rich and myself, telling stories and laughing about silly things we had done. While Ali listened intently, laughing along with us. This is what rekindled my love of holster making.

My dear friend of thirty five plus years, left the holster shop on February 20th, 2009, for the last time. Lou Alessi passed away the next morning, a legend, never to be forgotten."

<span style="font-weight: bold">This still is not a reason to kick Alessi Gun Holsters to the curb.</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lou Alessi was a good man and his family is <span style="font-weight: bold">attempting</span> to carry on his legacy with pride and keep his ideals alive. You are the one that waded into an appreciation thread and contradicted everything you preach and at the same time cry about.

</div></div>

Added the bold for emphasis here, but from your own words they're ATTEMPTING. ATTEMPTING, is not succeeding or doing, it's attempting.

Definition of Attempt and I'll point out the noun definition to clear up any backpedaling:
Verb
Make an effort to achieve or complete (something, typically a difficult task or action): "she attempted a comeback in 1989".

Noun
An act of trying to achieve something, typically one that is unsuccessful or not certain to succeed: "an attempt to halt the bombings".